PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonderland + Cassandra Gemini

sobriquet
10-12-2005, 05:56 AM
So i was sitting around baked a few months back and decided to pop on the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland. Interesting, but not the makeup of a mind-blowing high. So i decided to mix it up by muting the audio and throwing some music into hte background. I opted for The Mars Volta's Cassandra Gemini, a 32 minute masterpiece of psychadelic/prog/alt rock. Well, I just started it randomly in the movie and started watching.

Stuff started lining up to the music, as usually happens when you're high. But then stuff really started lining up. Then scene changes in the movie started coresponding with entire shifts in the music. I did some quick math and figured out where i started it and showed it to some people the next day to make sure it wasn't just my high ass being crazy.

They all asked me something to the effect of "how did you find this out, it's intentional isn't it?"

Anyway, sorry that was so long, onto the point. If you want to try this out while baked its pretty crazy:

The song is Cassandra Gemini (31:42)
When to start the song: Alice falls down the rabbit hole, wait for her to grab the book off the table, thats your clue to get ready. She's going to land in a chair, and recline backwards. Then she starts to fall forward. Wait for her to be straight up and down in the chair, start it then.

I've kept this to myself for a few months since i figured no one would bother trying it, but now i figure someone on here might. I described when to start it instead of giving a time because times can vary on players.

Enjoy!

PS. Look for when the wave knocks over the bottle alice is in, that one is crazy.

liquid swords
10-12-2005, 06:04 AM
I wish I had a copy of Alice in Wonderland. As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a huge Mars Volta fan.

sobriquet
10-12-2005, 06:09 AM
I wish I had a copy of Alice in Wonderland. As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a huge Mars Volta fan.

I'm going to their concert on Friday :)
I'll make sure to take a toke in your honor.

liquid swords
10-12-2005, 06:32 AM
Why thank you.

I went to their Frances tour back in May, then I went 2 fridays ago when they played at the Allstate with system.

CocaCola
10-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Frances The Mute... is something else. Shit, that album is deep!@

Fan o KmK
10-14-2005, 01:50 AM
dude does that really happen....or did u jsut jack that idea from the wizard of oz and dark side of the moon...

TheAtomicPunk
10-14-2005, 02:06 AM
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, that wizard of oz and dark side of the moon is awesome.

But Alice in Wonderland and Mars Volta? I'm going to have to try that one, thanks sobriquet!!!