PDA

View Full Version : Sativa All the way, Indica...whats the point?

sharpezor
10-11-2005, 09:38 AM
I dont mind Indicas but man they make me tired and lazy. I prefer Sativa, makes you feel REAL nice, thus my good friend Purple Haze :)

I dont understnad why people dont just grow Sativas.

SensiRide
10-11-2005, 11:18 AM
excuse my ignorance, but is there any way to tell just by looking at it if its indica or sativa? All the weed I get makes me lazy and drowsy, been a long time since Ive felt high and giggly :confused:

Oli
10-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Only way to tell is from the actual plant, sativas are taller and have thinner fingers on the leaves. The reason people grow indicas is because it takes less time and usually yeilds higher making it a much better commercial plant.

lateralus
10-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah I definitely prefer an energetic high. Staring at the piece of trash on the carpet, and just zoning out make for awkward social situations in my opinion.

sharpezor
10-11-2005, 01:43 PM
excuse my ignorance, but is there any way to tell just by looking at it if its indica or sativa? All the weed I get makes me lazy and drowsy, been a long time since Ive felt high and giggly

You might want to ask your dealer and if he dosnt know, get him to ask his grower :)

Gecko
10-11-2005, 03:10 PM
I looove my indica. I love that sleepy feeling. It only sucks when going to a social event like homecoming or something. Mine was just a few days ago, and I couldn't do anything. It was still fun, for some reason, my right arm couldn't stop twitching.

But I like the sleepy high, helps me relax, since I'm so stressful. Plus, I rarely smoke during the day, or do wake and bake sessions. But tomorrow I am. :)

Reefer Rogue
10-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Sativa > Indica.

Hempamasta
10-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Sativa > Indica.

I'm going to have to peacefully diagree with you. I'd say that it all depends where you are and what you're doing. Indica is perfect for a night in your room, playing video games and listening to music.

Sativa is nice for a night out with friends, so you can be all energized and heady.

Reefer Rogue
10-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Good shit man, we all have our opinions, i love indica aswel don't get me wrong. I just like the clean high a sativa gives me. PLus i LOVE when i can't stop laughing, then i forget what i was laughing about which leads to a whole new cycle of laughter. I just dislike Indicas because they make me drowsee and some times i'll fall asleep too fast.

sharpezor
10-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Good shit man, we all have our opinions, i love indica aswel don't get me wrong. I just like the clean high a sativa gives me. PLus i LOVE when i can't stop laughing, then i forget what i was laughing about which leads to a whole new cycle of laughter. I just dislike Indicas because they make me drowsee and some times i'll fall asleep too fast.

Well put.

some times i have no choice buy indica's, hey, its weed and its good, but sativa is just amazing. Very clean, Very Fun. I love going to restaurants on sativa.

highjinx
10-11-2005, 06:05 PM
yeah the stone from indica can be pretty heavy!
i get loads of munchies and supplies before i smoke it cuz wen i do, i just dont move!
its a pain in the arse wen yor drinkin too and you have to keep gettin up for a piss! :D

Reefer Rogue
10-11-2005, 06:06 PM
yeah the stone from indica can be pretty heavy!
i get loads of munchies and supplies before i smoke it cuz wen i do, i just dont move!
its a pain in the arse wen yor drinkin too and you have to keep gettin up for a piss! :D

Ha, don't break the seal.

homerj14
10-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Jus SMOKE who cares !

highjinx
10-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Ha, don't break the seal.

have you tried drinkin a 24 crate and not goin for a piss! it fuckin hurts!
i didnt do this on purpose, i was on a bus! :D

Reefer Rogue
10-11-2005, 06:28 PM
No i have not and i don't think i ever will lol.

highjinx
10-11-2005, 06:31 PM
wise descision! :D

MightyFourTwenty
10-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Sativa for a party atmosphere, or a social atmosphere, but my buddy Indica for when I'm alone or when I'm just relaxin' somewhere.

MightyFourTwenty
10-11-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm going to have to peacefully diagree with you. I'd say that it all depends where you are and what you're doing. Indica is perfect for a night in your room, playing video games and listening to music.

Sativa is nice for a night out with friends, so you can be all energized and heady.

Well put, and I agree.
:cool:

sharpezor
10-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Hmmm, how much sativa has to be in a plant for it to be considered a sativa?

For example take a look at this: http://www.bcbudonline.com/seed_packs.php?seedID=17&category=Indoor/Outdoor&PHPSESSID=a785bd61cf4b4d6493c34719f6ca2b6a

It's 40% Sativa - 60% Indica

Nochowderforyou
10-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I dont mind Indicas but man they make me tired and lazy. I prefer Sativa, makes you feel REAL nice, thus my good friend Purple Haze :)

I dont understnad why people dont just grow Sativas.

What you need to understand is the diff. between people who grow for sale (commercial), and people who grow for personal. First off, commercial growers, only want to produce big yeilds, they don't care about potency. The bigger the yeild, the bigger the payout.

Now, persoanl growers. It's all a prefrence. Some people like couchlock(indica) type stones, as some like energy(sativa) stones. The second factor is space. Growing indoors has limitations, mostly the space issue. Sativas grow very tall and lanky, making them very hard to control in smaller spaces. Sativas can get up to 21ft in some parts of the world. Indicas on the other hand stay short and thick, making them easy to hide and conceal and control.

So you see, a lot of different factors dcome into play. It's all a preference, that's all :cool:

Drugman Joe
10-11-2005, 09:01 PM
I like it all. :)

DaBuh
10-11-2005, 10:02 PM
is there a strain thats 100% sativia?

GSW389
10-11-2005, 10:40 PM

i laugh like that no matter what i smoke. Indica also gives me more of a "trippy" high. Like the other day, I imagined a whole sideplot to a smoke session with a couple of friends in comic book form. we smoked a blunt of indica.

Melton420
10-12-2005, 12:22 AM
cosbey ... lol

Dutchmaster
10-12-2005, 12:24 AM
personally finding a sativa is nearly impossible since indica is more common

andruejaysin
10-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Indica is much easier to grow indoors, however, sativa is easy to find. Mexican brick pot is (weak) sativa. Personally, I like to alternate indica and sativa on odd/even days, assuming of course your connections are that good. At the moment, mine aren't.

MightyFourTwenty
10-12-2005, 01:35 AM
i laugh like that no matter what i smoke. Indica also gives me more of a "trippy" high. Like the other day, I imagined a whole sideplot to a smoke session with a couple of friends in comic book form. we smoked a blunt of indica.

Early morning, while high lying on my loft listening to Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond, I imagined a whole scenario brought on by the weed. It was pretty sweet.

sharpezor
10-12-2005, 01:59 AM
so whats a really potent sativa?

sharpezor
10-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Northern Lights
http://www.bcbudonline.com/seed_packs.php?seedID=17&category=Indoor/Outdoor
40% Sativa - 60% Indica
75$ = 12 Seeds

LADY GODIVA
http://www.bcbudonline.com/seed_packs.php?seedID=65&category=Feminized
65% Sativa / 35% Indica
125$ = 12 Seeds

What do you guys think is the better sativa. Sure, ones 65% and the other is 40% but i mean one could be more potant then the other. What do you guys think? I think maybe the Lady Godiva is better becuase its an extra $75.

DaBuh
10-12-2005, 05:35 AM
white widow is 75% sativa 25% indica, thats the highest sativa content i have found so far

Hempamasta
10-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Yeah... I would get a 60% Ind./40% Sat., and then a friend got me 80% Sat./20% Ind. or some shit for my birthday because he was traveling down to North Carolina, and apparently they have some very good weed there. So I try it, and it was pretty fucking amazing. I literally listened to music for 4 hours straight, not moving, my eyes closed, in complete and utter bliss. I felt so good, it felt like I was a God that had just been born. I was so clear-headed, it was almost frightening. It was like I was being subjected to visions.

Really, really strong Cannabis Sativa is.. amazing, but pretty rare.

sharpezor
10-12-2005, 09:40 AM
didnt mean to post

STDzRus
10-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Indica > Sativa for me...

I don't know it seems pretty stupid but I prefer the slow stoney high over the energetic one.

sharpezor
10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
AK47 is also suposed to be prety good.

High Times Sativa Cup 2nd - 1999

and its Sativa / Indica (65/35)

Fengzi
10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Indicas are often preferred for medical use. That couch-lock body high is better for pain relief. I picked up a 1/2 oz of something called manatuska citrus, from a med mj supplier, a while back that had a pretty high percentage of indica. I wanted it because I was having a back spasm that was really painful and I couldn't even turn my head. It did wonders for the back pain but I still have most of it 'cause its just too heavy. Its so potent that a few hits will do you in and you'll be absolutely useless for the next 4-5 hrs. It's great for a before-bed smoke though.

Blazethechronic
10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
i love satvia in the day indica in the night

Shobs
10-13-2005, 12:26 AM
I heard some Jack Herer is pure 100% sativa. I have some right now and I'd have to say it's pretty damn close!

partyguy420
10-13-2005, 05:07 AM
Jus SMOKE who cares !

fuck yea, weeds weed(except those things that grow by you weeds. u dont realy wanna smoke those fucking things that grow rite next to your weed plants.

grasshopper420
10-13-2005, 05:30 AM
i actually prefer buds that have close to even amounts of both because i like the indica body buzz but i also hate couchlock

sharpezor
10-13-2005, 07:10 AM
well, durban poison is 100% sativa! That would be one crazy ass smoke.

Nochowderforyou
10-13-2005, 05:35 PM
so whats a really potent sativa?

If you're looking for 100% sativa or something mostly sativa, I know a few.

First, Purple Haze is a 100% sativa haze strain.
Thai weed is 100% sativa
Strawberry Cough is 80% sativa
Afghani is 70% sativa I believe
Any haze strains

Finding a 100% sativa strain is hard to find, as well are extremely pricey because of their potency.

Indicas are used mostly by medical users as it eases the pain much better than sativa.