PDA

View Full Version : A Fresh Noobie !!!!!

BukDatAss
10-11-2005, 05:20 AM
Whats up guys Im just waiting for my Northern lights x big bud seeds to arrive and grow in my closet. IM a big time noob i never grew before so im taking in as much info as possible. So experts please help along the way!!! I will be posting as many pix as possible :p

Starseed
10-11-2005, 05:50 AM
Ah some Northern lights x Big Bud - Nothings finer than that smoke other than Nothern lights x Hashplant.

Buk, What kind of lighting do you plan to use?? Do you have any money to put into your project, as in purchasing new lights, pots, soil, nutes, and a book.

Garden Knowm
10-11-2005, 05:51 AM
GREAT!

Joel
10-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Haha garden.

Was that a great as in we got another newbie on the forums?

Or was that a great as in yah go buck.

Either way, when I read that I thought the #1 choice was most applied and I started laughing, good shit.

turtle420
10-11-2005, 01:29 PM
C'mon people... you're going to scare him off

He's going to end up going to the boards over at overgrow.com... :( Those boards are a jungle!

clembob101
10-11-2005, 01:45 PM
do yourself a MASSIVE favour get a good guide book ,, it will help alot.

Garden Knowm
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
OH YEAH.. books are awesome.. everybody should have a good solid grow bible of sorts.. A book you can go to with any question.. A booko you have to hide so nobody sees it..

And if you can't hang here cannabis.com... you can't hangon any message board.. And I really hate to say this... but.. Overgrow SUCKS fucking KACK.. some mean mean motherfuckers over ther

i love you

hey buckdatass..

we're kinda like a fraternity here so there are 2 tings you should know...

1. you need to send all of us 1 gram of weed a week.. (just for your first year on he board, we're not dicks you know!)
2. Joel will be your big brother and he will answer all your questions to perfection!
3. you are not allowed to get offended.... EVER...

i love you

turtle420
10-11-2005, 05:35 PM

1. you need to send all of us 1 gram of weed a week.. (just for your first year on he board, we're not dicks you know!)
2. Joel will be your big brother and he will answer all your questions to perfection!

i love you

Yes. I would also like to add 3 other things:

4. You need to do a Science Fair project with your Big Brother
5. Your choosen topic is "Growing with LEDs bought @ eBay"

We, trully, trully love you.

BukDatAss
10-12-2005, 04:04 AM
Sheeet if you help me I'll mail you a taste of my finished product. I mean dont blame me if you get caught though.. LOL.

BukDatAss
10-12-2005, 04:09 AM
Starseed - I do have some money to invest towards the growing and so far i plan on getting 2 HPS 400w lamps but is that good enough for veg. stage?????

Starseed
10-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Starseed - I do have some money to invest towards the growing and so far i plan on getting 2 HPS 400w lamps but is that good enough for veg. stage?????

I would recommed 2 HPS 250w lamps with hortilux bulbs and 1 400w MH.

The Metal Halide light is much much better for vegging plants than the High pressure sodium is.

The HPS is good for flowering your girls, wich is why you need 2, to achieve some really big buds you can do a 2:1 HPS:MH ratio.

Goodluck -starseed

Joel
10-12-2005, 04:15 AM
hey buckdatass..

i love you

Since we're such a fraternity, Garden Knowm here is the Godfather. Please direct all your problems to him, as they will all go away because of his magic green thumb.

Bigbrother my ass.... LOL

BukDatAss
10-12-2005, 05:42 AM
Thats cool i bought Schurltz take root today is that any goood for cloning?

BukDatAss
10-12-2005, 06:58 AM
Are 2 of these good for lighting

Starseed
10-12-2005, 11:05 PM
I really cant distinguish what it is in that picture so I wouldnt be able to tell ya.

I use rooting powder, works great for me as I used it on 64 clones 100% success.

I guess that will do the same job, maybe less of a success rate.

Goodluck.

BukDatAss
10-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Its a metal halid for the HPS bulbs? so do you think it will work well

Starseed
10-13-2005, 01:44 AM
I would not recommend that because of its reflector, it doesnt look like it would be able to reflect the light over all of your plants. If you're just growing 1-2 plants, sure that would work, if not, get a better reflecter.

BukDatAss
10-17-2005, 05:03 AM
HELLO guys please HELP I bought a 400HPS BULB(was lookin for the 400MH as well but not instock) today at HD and noticed that they have no sockets or light fixtures for it. I went home and saw that these kits range up to 300 bucks. Man im thinking i should just go with the CFLs for veg like 5 42w CFLs for veg instead or the 400MH just cause i cant afford the fixture for it. So my question is how can i get away with getting the 400w HPS bulb to light up with out having to spend like 200bucks??????? by the way i plan on growing around 4 - 6 plants

Joel
10-18-2005, 10:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/HPS-HYDROFARM-1000-WATT-GROW-LIGHT-BALLAST_W0QQitemZ7718617566QQcategoryZ43555QQssPag eNameZWD10VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1000w HPS for 71$ American. World wide shipping.
As for the kit .... worth the money brother.

Unless some one here thats know quite a bit about electricity might be able to tell ya how to wire it up so it runs.

Best of luck to ya.

Doobie Joint
10-20-2005, 06:30 AM
I don't think that you can make a HPS work without the ballast, it's just way to crazy to be on it's own. As for trying to cut costs. Instead of buying HPS and MH, which are the two most expensive lights out there, invest the 200 an the kit for the HPS, and then combine it with cheap CFL's (compressed) flourescents. They have lots of blue light for vegging, and will help with stretching, and you've got a sick money light for flower (the HPS). I bought a sweet 125w full spectrum CFL for 80$ CND and I love it! And don't forget, any money you invest will just mean sweeter (and bigger) buds, and at weed prices these days, I am sure you will even out...and then some. :cool:

BukDatAss
10-24-2005, 04:41 AM
So which one should i go for veg. I mean i wanna go with the one that has the more towards the blue side of the light spec. but which one is that :stoned:

RastaKaze
10-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Out of those second pic second bulb.. You really want a color temp of somehwere round 6500k but that'll do fine