PDA

View Full Version : Sound stimulation for plant growth

turtle420
10-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Hello people,

I've though about placing two cheap computer speakers inside my grow room when I start with my clones... then hook-up a playback device (either CD player or cassette player) to these speakers. I though of playing classical music to the plants. I've heard/read that it helps.

Upon two or three hours of research, I've found a couple of things:::
There's a product/system out there called Sonic Bloom, which includes a CD/cassette with "melodies" and a foliar spray solution. It is stressed in the site that the great improvements in plant growth are a result from the combined effect of the sounds and the spray. Just for reference, I think their sounds are somewhere around the 5KHz range.

If you're looking into this Sonic Bloom, well, I read that it contains trace amounts of Gallerbic Acid 3 (GA3) [spelling???], which is harmfull to cannabis plants (stated like that in their site). So I guess we can rule out Sonic Bloom for our experiments.

I found this interesting article:::
http://www.motherearthnews.com/library/1984_May_June/Ultrasonic_Plant_Stimulation
It states that pretty good growth improvements where observed when the plants where subjected to frequencies 20KHz to 50KHz; with the best results nearing the 50KHz range. It also states that although the plants grew a lot, they weren't "bushy"... more like "lanky" I would think.

I'd like to know the opinions of you guys about doing this type of thing. I'm have no problem with trying new things with my first grow. What do you think? Some 5KHz sounds? Or maybe an ultrasonic transducer pumping 50KHz frequencies... ?

How much time? 45minutes every 4 hours? Something like that?

Thanks for the input, I look forward to your ideas...

-turtle420 :cool:

turtle420
10-11-2005, 12:02 AM
It's "Gibberilic acid"

turtle420
10-11-2005, 12:09 AM
And found this on YaHooka:
http://www.yahooka.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92082

There's a post about a guy there that actually bought the stuff and used it on his White Widows...

Rezinator
10-11-2005, 04:38 AM
Oh this is rich, turtle.

Beamed me back to an 8th grade science project. Prob that Donna Nichols chick who got the table next to mine. I spend 2 wks clay modeling a cross-section of how internal combustion works. She get's blue ribbon for placing two plants and a transistor radio on a table. 'course she had those eyes too but... oh well.. prob more closet pervs among the judges than anybody wanted to know.

Just thinking what an obvious miss tho by all the folk who've ever grown.

My first question would be - as i revisit the sci with only elementary knowledge - is how in practice it is all about the resonance and hertz, right? I mean you can't just pipe some FM in and leave it at that??

The MomEarth article appeared (speedread it) to focus on a fixed frequency range. Imression I always had of the phenom was that the stimulation was induced by frequency variations, or melody.

On the other hand - if the ultrasound freqs are best - how easy it would would be to locate a little Piazo thinger in almost any growspace.

Determine which freq is optimal.
Find somebody with an oscilloscope, to CD say 15 secs of the frequency or however...
then I'd use sound editing software to exponentially-paste-out that freq onto a CD.

I think the acidic foliar spray was probably as much a marketing gimmick than anything else.

Rezinator
10-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Ohyeah, forgot,

Then there'd be the whole thing on whether certain freqs are better for vegging or flowering though.

Last think I'd want in my tiny space is for the stalk to start goin nuts, and have the buds just sittin there goin "wtf?"

lol

turtle420
10-12-2005, 02:13 AM
Here's a thread from a guy that's currently growing White Widow with Sonic Bloom:

http://www.yahooka.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90707

caroline
10-18-2005, 07:34 PM
i know someone who plays bob marley to his plants..........?

wes dawg
11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Woah, this is amazing stuff, I never would have known that certain frequencies of sounds would help plants grow!

Innerlight
11-11-2005, 06:24 AM
I have been waiting to buy sonic bloom for a long time, I heard about it a year ago, but only now am i finally ready to try it. I will post any results in the next few months. It should be awsome.

squareguy
11-11-2005, 08:39 PM
i am trying to find some 'grow music' to download right now, but no luck.

turtle420
11-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Square guy... hit me up @ ineedit06 at hushmail dot com

I've got a little mp3 present for you... :)

squareguy
11-12-2005, 01:45 AM
email sent, thanks buddy

LOC NAR1958
11-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Just sing to them your self same results, and they like the co2 you give off better. I sing to them of women, great battles and stories of the past and future. Like get big and get me high. From a seed to a flower to a great buzz. They just said pot grows brain cells in rats so watch out Einstein I'm catching up.

turtle420
11-13-2005, 01:47 PM
They just said pot grows brain cells in rats so watch out Einstein I'm catching up.

LOL!!!! Funny, funny...

:)

Tomthehippie
02-08-2006, 02:06 PM
classical music is suppose to help. vegetable growers use it for there comps. Personally I think the band Ozric tentacles will work wonders on any cannabis plant.

turtle420
02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
classical music is suppose to help. vegetable growers use it for there comps. Personally I think the band Ozric tentacles will work wonders on any cannabis plant.
Hey Tom, :)

I ended getting the Sonic Bloom package. The CD is mostly classical music, some melodies thrown in... plus it has all over the tracks sounds of wind flowing (breezes), crickets, small animals, etc.... Like in nature... Plus, it has cycling high-frequency sounds... this is supposed to "stimulate for opening" the "stomata" @ the bottom of the plants leaves... that way, the leaf can exchange stuff with the atmosphere more easily.

I'm un-aware of "Ozric Tentacles" music... How is it?

Best,

-turtle420 :cool:

ledgrower
03-23-2006, 09:29 AM
How about some ACDC ...ha we all could use some more of that...

karmaxul
03-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Here is my thoughts

I suspect human voice as in a mother talking to a child is healthy and nurturing.

I know different vitamins are built up and broken down at different wavelenths or frequencies of light. I once found a chart showing the different spectrums of vitamin formation, but it is on my crashed pc which I need to get fixed before I can access it.

From previous research I found that the Hz is the opposite of the nanometer

375Nm = 750Hz and 375Hz = 750Nm

# Frequency Range of the Human Voice
* Voice range covers 300 Hz to 3500 Hz
* Most energy concentrated below 1000 Hz
http://www.kodachrome.org/salt/sunderst.htm

The visible light spectum consists of pure light between 375 and 750Nm

I would say all you need to do is see the nanometers in which vitamins are build and broken down at then reverse them on the 375-750 relm.

Balance the Hz as a light gives the CRI of the bulb and grow in the dark.

karmaxul
03-23-2006, 03:20 PM
From previous research I found plants need ....and the sun gives

5.3% red light 723.18 nanometers
36.3% blue light 508.7 nanometers
58.3% yellow light 616 nanometers

So in Hz that would be

401.78 Hz at 5.3%
669.9 Hz at 36.3%
508.7 Hz at 58.3%

I do not know how to put that as a wave file but I can almost guaranty results

karmaxul
03-23-2006, 03:36 PM
5.3% x 723.18 = 38.32
36.3% x 508.7 = 184.6
58.3% x 616.0 = 359.1
:) :). :). :) :) ------
:) :). :). :) :) 582.1 Nm

582.1 Nm = 5153.6 K (3,000,000/Nm(582.1 in pure light spectrum)=K(5153.6))
Also the suns degree K

----------------------------------------------------------------------
5.3% x 401.78 = 21.29
36.3% x 669.9 = 243.17
58.3% x 508.7 = 296.57
:) :) .:) .:) :) --------
:) :) .:) .:) :) 561.04 Hz is the freq it will measure at ( keep in mind green is 562.47 nanometers)

horror business
06-01-2006, 04:45 AM
I didn't know that plants had ears.

firstTimeGrow
06-05-2006, 02:35 AM
I didn't know that plants had ears.

lol cuz u need ears to be affected by sound

oldsanclem
06-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Lets put it this way if it worked ,,,,,,LONG ..... ago, some one would have the facts on it grams/watt/months
Cash croppers would have had data on it.
I would think having sex in the room with a gal screeming and making co2 would be the best. But there again its the co2 that counts, and having sex in a dark grow room is worhtless because plants make co2 at night.
The only reason I could ever figured out for music or other noise was to cover up the fans, pumps, ballast noise.
Just think CORN would produce more corn because , as you all know corn has ears.
Also cash croppers can efford wave, gen, to make the proper wave/ wave form.
Whats a few hundred bucks for a wave form gen. set.
Note if you have a co2 recorder you find out that a few mins. in a large grow room, kicks it up a few hundred ppm.
Cash croppers just count the facts grams/watts/months = $$$ :dance: