PDA

View Full Version : Our Government ***very personal views

nancyrenee
06-24-2004, 01:32 PM
This may sound like an essay but it's something I feel strongly about. And I just wondered if anyone else felt the same way. I was in the military for a while. I got hurt pretty bad. And I got discharged. I didn't get a severence pay because the doctor claimed eventually I would get well and it wouldn't effect my life. While I was sick I was having problems paying my bills. I go to college I work and pay taxes. I strive to do better to have a decent life and live comfortably. Just be a normal citizen. I needed financial help. I went to the local food stamp office with a copy of my LES (military paycheck) and the lady said I made too much money for a single white female with no children to qualify for any assistance. After that I decided that I hated my government. I pay them taxes and I'm a hard worker I don't punch out kids to mooch off of the government I am trying to make a great life for myself and the government can't reward me. Being a military personnel after that I felt like a traitor for thinking my government had fucked me in the ass. I have so much love and respect for those who fight for what they are told is a just cause. And I honor those soldiers who have lost their lives due to our own governements greediness. Some people would call me a terrorist and say i'm commiting treason for speaking out against our government. But I'm not. Terrorism is wrong. I do believe terrorists should recieve the death penalty. In this country the land of the free we can't even speak out against our own government without another citizen calling us a traitor. Since when did a free country get so bad you can't voice your opinion? I think about the Vietnam War and how the government paid companies to create agent orange, agent white, agent blue and another chemical for defoliage of the jungles. Claiming that AO was harmless to humans. Yet in all the studies on lab rats they all d veloped some sort of disease or genetic problems. When the government was being questioned about the harmful effects of AO they did studies on soldiers that only went into camp to shower and change. No studies were ever done on the ground troops. The ones that were drenched with AO daily. Their skin was wet with AO. They slept in it. They drank the contaminated water. How can a country who had the technology to make a bomb massive enough to blow up a whole city just 10-15 years earlier not know the effects of AO? They did. And through Americas greed and the strive to be number one the government hid it. And lied to our precious soldiers who were made to fight that unjust and neeless war. Drug policy. Another example of greed and how law makers only care about their pocket money. Americas prisons are filled with non violent drug offenders. Prisons where they put murderers and rapists. And why? Because the government makes millions if not billions each year from drug related arrests. They have law makers creating drug policy that have never even smoked chronic. Telling us if you smoke weed today you will use heroin tomorrow. Well I've been smoking for 9 years and I've never use another drug. Yet being so anal retentive about our money we still go over to another country and tear their cities to hell. Promising to build it back which costs millions. And we will build it back too. The people living on the street could use some of that money. People like myself that work hard every day could use a little help as well. And after all the government has done for me... :confused: and helped me out :mad: I can't go home and smoke a damn joint in my own living room on my own god d*** time without wondering when if at all I'm going to get busted by this ever so giving and loving government. Who looks after the well being of society by making it a crime for me to get high in my home and mind my own damn business. Yet my trailer trash neighbor with 5 kids and a slut for a wife can sit on his fat ass, drink beer all day, sleep until 12 pm, live off of my taxes, piss in my yard, beat up his ole lady, and teach his children that the only way to get free money is to have sex and start punching out kids,and it's totally acceptable, legal, and rewarding behavior by our wonderful government. And they wonder why people become drug dealers? Well there is your reason. You can't live a life that is concidered moral and just in the eyes of the law. When the government won't help you and you have no where to turn drug dealing is better and heathier than prostitution. And to all the drug dealers out there all I have to say is do your thing and what you have to do. I have love for you. And all you people who feel they have been fucked in the ass by this government. Well god bless.

Libertarian Toker
06-25-2004, 02:00 AM
I got a general discharge from the army for tokin weed. It didn't really bother me much, I didn't care for military life anyway. It was the SS that truely screwed me over. My ex got on the welfare, and from there it has been a wild ride for sure. 13 years of getting hosed. It's all over now, they can't really do much more to me. I wouldn't put it past them to try it though.

Toker

nancyrenee
06-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Well wellfare is good if you need it. But I see people just having kids so they can draw a check off of them. I think wellfare should be for the working poor. Not trash. If you don't have a job you shouldn't get wellfare. You don't have to be a doctor. I mean get a job at mcdonalds or just something. As for the military no I didn't like military life. But I do have love and compassion for our soldiers. And it saddens me when I see that one has died in the line of duty. It saddens me because this person has lost their life fighting for a government that has brainwashed them into thinking they are heroes for all the wrong reasons. I mean take the war now. If a soldier gets killed in iraq now or anywhere he's labeled a hero. Why? Nothing we have done in iraq could be considered heroic. It just baffles me that people can so stupid.

sawleaf
06-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Maybe that's why some people fight. But most of the troops over there know that their government is screwed up. They are not brainwashed, but they are only allowed to say certain things to the press so it seems like they are all saying the same crap. People join the service for all sorts of reasons, but when I was in the Marine Corps, all the infantry guys with me were pretty much there for the same reason. We were a bunch of agressive guys who loved violence and shooting. Our jobs were so much fun, but all we did was train and train, and we got to be experts at our trade. Now there is an opportunity to use that training! We jumped at the chance. I don't know one person over there who regrets it really, most are enjoying it, but all my friends still agree that it is a fucked up situation and that both sides are to blame equally. Oh and they are heros! Combat troops fight for each other and their friends next to them. That is what they care about. Yes the government uses them, but they are concerned with other things besides the government when bullets are flying, like not letting down their friends and staying alive. That is heroic to me.

Libertarian Toker
06-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Well wellfare is good if you need it. But I see people just having kids so they can draw a check off of them. I think wellfare should be for the working poor. Not trash. If you don't have a job you shouldn't get wellfare.

You probably won't like this, but this is the way the LP thinks about the welfare we have in the US.

http://www.lp.org/issues/welfare.html

From across the political and ideological spectrum, there is now almost universal acknowledgement that the American social welfare system has been a failure.

Since the start of the "war on poverty" in 1965, the United States has spent more than $5 trillion trying to ease the plight of the poor. What we have received for this massive investment is -- primarily -- more poverty.

Our welfare system is unfair to everyone: to taxpayers who must pick up the bill for failed programs; to society, whose mediating institutions of community, church and family are increasingly pushed aside; and most of all to the poor themselves, who are trapped in a system that destroys opportunity for themselves and hope for their children.

The Libertarian Party believes it is time for a new approach to fighting poverty. It is a program based on opportunity, work, and individual responsibility.

1. End Welfare
None of the proposals currently being advanced by either conservatives or liberals is likely to fix the fundamental problems with our welfare system. Current proposals for welfare reform, including block grants, job training, and "workfare" represent mere tinkering with a failed system.

It is time to recognize that welfare cannot be reformed: it should be ended.

We should eliminate the entire social welfare system. This includes eliminating AFDC, food stamps, subsidized housing, and all the rest. Individuals who are unable to fully support themselves and their families through the job market must, once again, learn to rely on supportive family, church, community, or private charity to bridge the gap.

2. Establish a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for contributions to private charity
If the federal government's attempt at charity has been a dismal failure, private efforts have been much more successful. America is the most generous nation on earth. We already contribute more than $125 billion annually to charity. However, as we phase out inefficient government welfare, private charities must be able to step up and fill the void.

To help facilitate this transfer of responsibility from government welfare to private charity, the federal government should offer a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for contributions to private charities that provide social-welfare services. That is to say, if an individual gives a dollar to charity, he should be able to reduce his tax liability by a dollar.

3. Tear down barriers to entrepreneurism and economic growth
Almost everyone agrees that a job is better than any welfare program. Yet for years this country has pursued tax and regulatory policies that seem perversely designed to discourage economic growth and reduce entrepreneurial opportunities. Someone starting a business today needs a battery of lawyers just to comply with the myriad of government regulations from a virtual alphabet soup of government agencies: OSHA, EPA, FTC, CPSC, etc. Zoning and occupational licensing laws are particularly damaging to the type of small businesses that may help people work their way out of poverty.

In addition, government regulations such as minimum wage laws and mandated benefits drive up the cost of employing additional workers. We call for the repeal of government regulations and taxes that are steadily cutting the bottom rungs off the economic ladder.

4. Reform education
There can be no serious attempt to solve the problem of poverty in America without addressing our failed government-run school system. Nearly forty years after Brown vs. Board of Education, America's schools are becoming increasingly segregated, not on the basis of race, but on income. Wealthy and middle class parents are able to send their children to private schools, or at least move to a district with better public schools. Poor families are trapped -- forced to send their children to a public school system that fails to educate.

It is time to break up the public education monopoly and give all parents the right to decide what school their children will attend. It is essential to restore choice and the discipline of the marketplace to education. Only a free market in education will provide the improvement in education necessary to enable millions of Americans to escape poverty.

Summary
We should not pretend that reforming our welfare system will be easy or painless. In particular it will be difficult for those people who currently use welfare the way it was intended -- as a temporary support mechanism during hard times. However, these people remain on welfare for short periods of time. A compassionate society will find other ways to help people who need temporary assistance. But our current government-run welfare system is costly to taxpayers and cruel to the children born into a cycle of welfare dependency and hopelessness.

The Libertarian Party offers a positive alternative to the failed welfare state. We offer a vision of a society based on work, individual responsibility, and private charity. It is a society based on opportunity and genuine compassion It is a society built on liberty.

nancyrenee
06-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Ok. Addressing my comment on heroes. I know soldiers are heroes. I was just addressing the fact that the american government labels them heroes for all the wrong reasons. I wasn't saying that being a soldier isn't heroic. It is. Anyone who would willingly subject themselves to the atmosphere that a soldier has to endure is not a pussy. And deserves recognition. Now moving on I agree that the wellfare system should be done away with. If these junkies knew that their life and their future depended on them then would get up and get a job. But the way it is now people know if they have kids they can't support. Or if they don't have enough money the government will hand them what they need. And that's not something that's motivating. If the government would stop this wellfare system now. These people would be without a home, job, money, food and it would be a motivator to get out and find a job.

NowhereMan
06-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Well wellfare is good if you need it. But I see people just having kids so they can draw a check off of them. I think wellfare should be for the working poor. Not trash. If you don't have a job you shouldn't get wellfare. You don't have to be a doctor. I mean get a job at mcdonalds or just something. As for the military no I didn't like military life. But I do have love and compassion for our soldiers. And it saddens me when I see that one has died in the line of duty. It saddens me because this person has lost their life fighting for a government that has brainwashed them into thinking they are heroes for all the wrong reasons. I mean take the war now. If a soldier gets killed in iraq now or anywhere he's labeled a hero. Why? Nothing we have done in iraq could be considered heroic. It just baffles me that people can so stupid.

It just baffles me that people can so stupid.[QUOTE]
yes me too.

i noticed a few things id like to piont out and its clear to me maybe you dont get the big picture here,and please dont be so fast to sort people into neat little piles with labels,
it may one day mess you up thinking that way without knowing it so im not meaning to say this in any way but nice
you sound all high and mighty
with ya ,,opinions of what it is to be a decent person
btw way,
you want some fuk'n fries with that,

come on ,have good reflection of what you just said
it sounded to me like,
take a job a mc'ds.or something...lol
was a str8 out slap at anyone BENEATH your royal ass

now i say this will laughing about it and thinking

she dont know she sounds like a uppity one
to good to be around,,anyone SHE deems trash,
i can assume you would say more had you the mind too
our troops who serve..do not decide where...
they do what they been trained too,
they are hero;s......who says other wise is the brainwashed
have nice day

maryjanemama
06-26-2004, 08:30 PM
America could not just stop giving out welfare. It would have to be a process of decreasing the amount of money a welfare recipient could receive. There are too many children at risk to just stop a family's money source. Children would eventually flood the foster care system and then there would be a whole new problem.

I agree that these ppl should go out and get a job, but a lot of them would rather sit on their asses and collect. Unless they had a reason, like if the gov. told them, "You have 6 monthes to find a job or we will cut your check by 30%." And then decrease the amount of money in their check until there was no check or they got a job. A lot of their ears would perk up, they'd shut off the TV, and go look in the want ads. If they didn't eventually get a job, then it would be out of pure laziness and their kids should live with someone else and have a chance.

I think some ppl should get financial help, like veterans, the disabled,the elderly, or ppl TRYING to make it and just need a little aid. The rest should stop expecting their country to support them and get a job.

nancyrenee
06-26-2004, 09:15 PM
I think someone took my words and turnd them around. I'm not talking about the mentally disabled. I'm not talking about the elderly. I'm talking about trash. And everyone knows someone that who fits that criteria. The kind that drop out of school and doesen't ever get a GED. The ones that just deliberately use the system. I'm not talking about the ones that actually NEED assistance. But there is no excuse for someone to just be lazy asses and sit on their fat ass and draw checks and punch out kids for more money. That is the mess we need to clean up. And when I said get a job at mcdonalds or something. I wasn't saying that working at mc donalds was a bad thing. I was just pointing out that there are jobs for people who don't have a higher education. I don't look down on anyone who works at mcdonalds. Atleast they have a job and are trying. As far as the troops I'm not degrading them. I'm degrading the system. I know they don't have a choice as to where they go and what they do. And that's the scary part. They HAVE to comply with our country and go along otherwise they get jailed, a dishonorable discharge, and the rest of their life ruined. And that's wrong.

sawleaf
06-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Ok. Addressing my comment on heroes. I know soldiers are heroes. I was just addressing the fact that the american government labels them heroes for all the wrong reasons. I wasn't saying that being a soldier isn't heroic. It is. Anyone who would willingly subject themselves to the atmosphere that a soldier has to endure is not a pussy. And deserves recognition. Now moving on I agree that the wellfare system should be done away with. If these junkies knew that their life and their future depended on them then would get up and get a <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A>. But the way it is now people know if they have kids they can't support. Or if they don't have enough money the government will hand them what they need. And that's not something that's motivating. If the government would stop this wellfare system now. These people would be without a home, job, money, food and it would be a motivator to get out and find a job.

Yeah I'm sorry Nancy. You're right. The government does call all the troops heros so it can better justify their actions(which of course are not the choices of the troops). I just kinda got fired up a bit being a former grunt myself. :)

duppy man
06-26-2004, 10:39 PM
the trouble is the young guys off today still fall for the same propaganda that the young men and women have fallen for years to get them to do what the Gov. wants..

Libertarian Toker
06-26-2004, 11:44 PM
"I think someone took my words and turnd them around. I'm talking about trash. And everyone knows someone that who fits that criteria. The kind that drop out of school and doesen't ever get a GED."

I think maybe someone was a little right. Some people that drop out never take any kind of a handout from the government. They end up living a productive life. Be careful who ya group, ya never know who might be part of that group. All my ged did for me was get me a year in the army. Past that I never needed it again. I am positive that there are also people that finished high school that are living off government handouts. When you say being a drop out is the criteria for being trash, your putting yourself above those that dropped out. If there should be a criteria for being "trash" at all, the criteria shouldn't be anything but abusing the welfare system.

Sometimes it is hard to reflect what you feel and think onto paper. I doub't that your trying to elevate yourself with this. I think your intentions are good. I do think your choice of words has caused you to look a little like that though. You can't learn much from people that only agree with you. Keep in mind that there is much more to learn from the people that don't agree. Not just about their argument, but about your own also.

Toker

sawleaf
06-27-2004, 04:41 PM
the trouble is the young guys off today still fall for the same propaganda that the young men and women have fallen for years to get them to do what the Gov. wants..

what propoganda is that???

duppy man
06-27-2004, 08:55 PM
reference to why people enlist in the 1st place and do the governments dirty work 1982 Falkland being a prime example most soldiers who were there are still asking themselves Why.. most wars are started through greed or religion or a bit of both... I take nothing away from the soldiers their courage and coviction. but would politicians have enough conviction in their views or ideals to fight for them if push came to shove.

sawleaf
06-27-2004, 10:03 PM
reference to why people enlist in the 1st place and do the governments dirty work 1982 Falkland being a prime example most soldiers who were there are still asking themselves Why.. most wars are started through greed or religion or a bit of both... I take nothing away from the soldiers their courage and coviction. but would politicians have enough conviction in their views or ideals to fight for them if push came to shove.

Oh you are in the UK. I don't know how they recruit over there, but here it isn't really propaganda. Mostly here in the US they are just promissing you money for college, job training, travel, and an exciting job. I just signed up to shoot guns and be a Marine like my father, but I got everything they promissed. :)

maryjanemama
06-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh you are in the UK. I don't know how they recruit over there, but here it isn't really propaganda. Mostly here in the US they are just promissing you money for college, job training, travel, and an exciting job. I just signed up to shoot guns and be a Marine like my father, but I got everything they promissed. :)
If I had been born a boy, I know my father would have wanted me to be a Marine like him. Only I'm an only child and a girl (much to his dismay), so it didn't work out. As it was I just woke up to revely and pounding on my door at 6 AM. He would've loved to have a boy that ended up a sharp shooter MP just like him and, if I were a male, would've probably been just as gung ho to be one.:) I guess it all depends on how you are raised and what your views are about military life.

nancyrenee
06-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Apparently "trash" doesn't apply to you. Even though you have a GED you have a job. And that's most for some people. I disagree with you when you say I shouldn't class people. I have seen and so have you people who are straight up trash. People who if for some reason were eradicated off of the face of the earth no one would miss. So I have to disagree.

HvyFuel
06-28-2004, 10:49 AM
People who if for some reason were eradicated off of the face of the earth no one would miss.

Adolf! Where have you been? Everyone thought you'd shot yourself at the end of the war but here you are. Is Elvis with you?

peace ;)

sawleaf
06-28-2004, 04:38 PM
lol Easy now HvyFuel, Nancy's been feeling kinda down lately. Harsh comment though, but I do hope you start to feel better soon Nancy! Oh and Maryjanemama, there are plenty of Expert shooting, MP women in the Corps. :)

Libertarian Toker
06-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Apparently "trash" doesn't apply to you. Even though you have a GED you have a job. And that's most for some people. I disagree with you when you say I shouldn't class people. I have seen and so have you people who are straight up trash. People who if for some reason were eradicated off of the face of the earth no one would miss. So I have to disagree.

I have known people that your calling trash. Your right on that. I also know that some of them are better people then you or I could ever hope to be. I don't like that some people ride the system, but to group them and call them trash is being blind to everything else about them individualy, and the real problem as well. It's easy to say they wouldn't be missed. The truth is that a lot of the people you say are not trash would be missed even less then the ones you call trash. You blaim the people, when really it is the government that is doing it. It's the laws that the government passes that inable people to ride them. Without the laws there would be no ride for them to take. They are not trash, they are people. Contrary to what you might think, there are a lot of people that do care about them, and work at helping them instead of wishing them gone.

Toker

NowhereMan
06-28-2004, 10:52 PM

well to clarify things

at 21
u have no clue

ok ill be brief as i can make it
i still feel you think your better than Most people
that just aint so.you do wipe your ass i presume like the rest of us.

to me TRASH is anyone that does not care about themself
or others
period
dont have no $ or ,job attachments
money and jobs are needed to survive,not be decent human being.
some the best folks i know You would call trash ,yet they would welcome you in feed you and treat you as company,even if they knew hyou was talking shit about them
now to me these folks are better than you can ever be,they care
not to sound cruel but
selfishness,is ugly
life is not about You
only your life is,

and that eradication comment,from such a young mind reflects the damage this country has substained over the years.
you are a by product of this society,Money talks ya know
the usa needs a overhual of the political system
99% of the laws need fixed ,or changed to reflect the real american view

maryjanemama
06-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Oh and Maryjanemama, there are plenty of Expert shooting, MP women in the Corps. :)
What? And give the old man a heart attack? I had no desire to join, anyway. My dad was very old fashioned. He thought that I should wear a dress everyday and that I was to be "seen and not heard". No parties, no swearing, no boys on the phone...he found out I had sex (my loud mouthed mother). He picked the boy up by his ear and arm, drug him from the kitchen through the hall into the foyer and threw him out the front door. I was only allowed to go to school and that was it. Grounded with no priviledges for 3 monthes. His daughter join the Marines? He spent his whole life wishing for a son, and got me. He had no idea what to do with me...I wasn't a boy...so he spent all his time trying to shelter and protect me. He hoped I would find "a good man to take care of me because women shouldn't work." That basically explains my whole childhood and teen years. What was this thread about?:p

nancyrenee
06-29-2004, 12:48 AM
I reaize nowhere man that our views are very conflicting. Again when I speak of "trash" everyone knows what I'm speaking of. You seem to act very quick to defend someone who would abuse the system and your hard earned tax money. I was raised to believe that anyone who is able to work and doesn't work is trash. I was raised that a job is a job. But some jobs offer more than others. The bottom line is if you work no matter how rich or poor you are you are better than the bottom feeders that are too lazy to get up and find work. I'm a poor college student. I have 2.00 in my bank account, i'm late on a car payment, i owe my mom 200.00 and my doctor 90. I'm not rich. But I do believe in making yourself better. And anyone no matter what can do better if they try. And it really pisses me off to see people being lazy and not trying to help themselves just taking handouts. Not that all foodstamp recipients are just taking hand outs. I would be on food stamps right now if i qualified by the govt standard. But you should only use those sort of charities as a means to tide you over until you can better yourself and live on your own. I would only use those through college that's it. And I think everyone agrees that we could all use a little help sometimes but you can take advantage of that help and that in turn makes you "trash". Oh and BTW I wasn't in the marines. I was in the army. But I was an MP and I was also and expert shooter. Since the conversation has arised.

NowhereMan
06-29-2004, 01:07 PM
I reaize nowhere man that our views are very conflicting. Again when I speak of "trash" everyone knows what I'm speaking of. You seem to act very quick to defend someone who would abuse the system and your hard earned tax money. I was raised to believe that anyone who is able to work and doesn't work is trash. I was raised that a job is a job. But some jobs offer more than others. The bottom line is if you work no matter how rich or poor you are you are better than the bottom feeders that are too lazy to get up and find work. I'm a poor college student. I have 2.00 in my bank account, i'm late on a car payment, i owe my mom 200.00 and my doctor 90. I'm not rich. But I do believe in making yourself better. And anyone no matter what can do better if they try. And it really pisses me off to see people being lazy and not trying to help themselves just taking handouts. Not that all foodstamp recipients are just taking hand outs. I would be on food stamps right now if i qualified by the govt standard. But you should only use those sort of charities as a means to tide you over until you can better yourself and live on your own. I would only use those through college that's it. And I think everyone agrees that we could all use a little help sometimes but you can take advantage of that help and that in turn makes you "trash". Oh and BTW I wasn't in the marines. I was in the army. But I was an MP and I was also and expert shooter. Since the conversation has arised.

hell no,i think if you can,you should,work that is,no free rides,!!!
just i know the reality of the job situations over time shit happens
a man with 5 kids cant live on minimum wage,
he must get on the welfare system
lose a nice position somewhere after years of work,
he cant feed them no more ,what is he to do
work is not a option for many
do you know how many people out there get their jobs yanked out from under them every year.cutbacks,and factory's move,corporate take overs.
now its easy to say ,well dont have the kids,if ya cant feed them
but that dont help now
competition for good jobs is plentifull
shitty jobs are even more plentifull
not all on the system are parasitic,is my only piont
sure the system is abused
what system aint.

when college grads are asking me if i want fries with that
i know it cant be good times.

oh yea having a deer head on ya wall,does not make you a barbarian

i just like getting those like you to fire both barrels
excuse me if i touched off any bad feelings
i truly ,mean this i mean no ill intent
its just
you called my dad a barbarian ,and he had more humanity in his lil finger than you will ever know ,
and his "deer head" is stored away,
and ill give you some advice
blondes should not be in the woods( with loaded guns especially)
good morning to you too

sawleaf
06-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey Nowhereman, MP's are at the gates and patrol around the base in cars. I've never seen many pouges in the woods. If I did, :D I heard them before I saw them. lol

nancyrenee
06-30-2004, 10:17 PM
I personally have never met a hunter I liked or saw eye to eye with. I don't see why people would kill things and use their skins as a trophy. You hunt for food and survival.....not to decorate your walls. Yeah it's ok to kill things to eat them but respect the animal enough to not hang it up for looks. The fact I'm blonde has nothing to do with it.

sawleaf
06-30-2004, 10:23 PM
I personally have never met a hunter I liked or saw eye to eye with. I don't see why people would kill things and use their skins as a trophy. You hunt for food and survival.....not to decorate your walls. Yeah it's ok to kill things to eat them but respect the animal enough to not hang it up for looks. The fact I'm blonde has nothing to do with it.

There are a lot of hunters who will hunt only for the meat. I love venison! Hunting an animal and killing it humanely is a lot better than what the meat you eat goes through at the slaughter house.

nancyrenee
06-30-2004, 10:32 PM
I guess. I'm just against stuffing them and hanging them up for decoration. But I'm also not into that whole redneck, backwoods hunter, cabin atmosphere.

sawleaf
06-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Never thought I'd talk to a anti-redneck Kentucan :)

nancyrenee
06-30-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm extremely anti redneck. How can I like someone that has the nerve to tell the mexican people that live here to "speak english" when they say things like "strippin bakker". To me they are hypocrites. And they really tick me off. The ones here are so bad. They drive around in huge ass trucks because they think big truck = big dick or something. I'm not sure. But it really ticks one off when they hit on me and try to play up their vehicle whether it be a big dodge or a mustang. I'm like oh well I like imports better. They get really mad.

sawleaf
06-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Yup rednecks are everywhere. I have met some cool ones, but a lot of them think this ford mustangs are supercars. Mustang=white trash ferarri. :D What's your ride Nancy?

Libertarian Toker
07-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Kentucky??? I went to high school in Winchester. I also lived up around Jackson for a while. I am related to half the people around Jackson. If your from that end of KY, and your a Combs or an Anderson, we more then likely are kin. There was a guy over at Marihemp that ended up being an Anderson from up there. We never figured out if we really were related though.

Toker

maryjanemama
07-01-2004, 01:21 AM
Oh, my God Nancy the guys around here do the same thing! Well, it's more like a teenage thing but still, you should see my husband's truck, it's hysterical. He bought it when he was 25, so it's an '86 and it's got a lift kit!!!! Too freakin' funny and he used to have a painted up tail gate but somebody stole it. There's more but I won't go on. He thinks it's the coolest thing in the world. He revs it up and smoke pours out of these 2 pipes...whooo hoooo, let's go cow tippin'!!!

nancyrenee
07-01-2004, 03:11 AM
Yeah well I am sporting my parents cars. YAY. I sold my old car which was a 99 grand am. But anyway once my house sells I'm getting a honda civic. Probably hatch back. Older model like 93-95. Then I'm re painting it, putting some new rims and tires on it, dropping it, and tinting the windows. Then i'm going to switch out the tail lights. I may even get a different exhaust. I'm not sure yet. And a nice system. Liberterian I'm not from that area. I'm not related to anyone by those names.

teresaj2k
07-01-2004, 05:37 AM
ok first off if he pisses in your yard and beats his wife call the cops! and take pictures for proof of the pissing and beating if you can cuz you know his bladder will empty b4 the cops come. it pisses me off that people don't report abuse. i lived with it for 17 years and for all the bruises and yelling and the neighbors telling us to shut up when the yelling was going on not once did anyone see fit to call the cops. but i guess the "slut" deserves it.

the comment about no one missing these people was heartless. just because you wouldn't miss them doesn't mean they don't have family and friends who would. stop worrying so much about how other people can better themselves and worry about how you can better yourself.

nancyrenee
07-01-2004, 05:41 AM
People have called the cops on them a lot. She just never leaves. And when I said they wouldn't be missed I meant missed by society as a whole. I'm not calling the cops for something like that. If it were me I would have left him. I'm not responsible for baby sitting adults.