PDA

View Full Version : Trimming fan leaves

Str8jeepin4pack
10-03-2005, 06:25 AM
When do you guys think a good time for trimming fan leaves would be. My plants are about two weeks into flowering 4ft tall with tons of 12" fan leaves. Does the extra light help bud to develop quicker, what are the advantages/disadvantages to doing this. Thanks guys

Green leaves

turtle420
10-03-2005, 10:25 AM
From what I understand, you should trim fan leaves 1 week prior to harvest.

I hope this helps :)

-turtle420 :cool:

Zandor
10-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Turtle is correct; the fan leaves at this point in the cycle are needed. The plant uses them to control the internal temperature of the plant. You can tuck them back out of the way to get light to the flowers if you need to.

Str8jeepin4pack
10-04-2005, 04:13 AM
Ok so i cut some of the leaves to help light get in . . i understand it could have been a bit early. What effect will these have other the possibly stunting flowering. Iknow the fans are needed for temp but im only three weeks away from harvest . . so i hope i didn't harm them too much. . thanks for the info guys

Froggy Jagger
10-14-2005, 02:28 AM
I was not happy with my buds 2 maybe 3 weeks before harvest. Sun was out every day for 17 days in a row with temps in the high 70's low 80's. At this time ( since this was all for fun anyway ) I started pulling off everything long enough to pull from the stalk without damaging the bud. It was amazing! My buds took off and nearly doubled in circumference and began to thicken to the very dense and substantial type. I am very happy.

budman2000
10-14-2005, 06:11 PM
I highly reccomend triming if that was the firsttime ever for the plant. You have to try and get as much light as you can to those budsites. Dont cut off too many at one time though.Good luck!!!

perthkiwi
12-01-2005, 01:16 AM
on my last grow i trimed,trimed trimed. all it did was slow the plant down.This grow only trimed the dead,or nut burnt leaves as a result my plants are growing faster bigger fatter so i would say dont trim but as zandor said tuck leaves it works great. peace....pot...patience

:rasta:

amstron
12-01-2005, 09:40 PM
ah, the good ol arguement, "Should you cut fan leaves?"