PDA

View Full Version : HELP! plants dying i think?? please reply

Anastrophy
10-03-2005, 03:16 AM
ive got 5 gallons of water in a bubble bucket method that holds three plants. im using foxfarm, hygrozime, epsom salt, 3% peroxide and some liquid karma in the water. ive got one 10-30 gallon air pump hooked up to a 14 inch airstone, and a 30-60 gallon air pump with 2 more airstones. the problem is, for the past two weeks we were using the proper amount of fox farm grow big and big bloom in the water with the right amount of hygrozime for 5 gallons and these babies were doing beautifully. on week three on the foxfarm schedule tells me to add just the proper amount of big bloom and i added that, hygrozime, and 3 little sample packets of liquid karma to give them a little more boost. anyway, when i switched to week 3, these plants freaked out. my temperature is a little warm with my water at 68.5-74 degrees farenheit and the inside air temp at 71-84 degrees. anyway, they have brown spots on the leaves, theres some yellow tips and yellow spots on the leaves, and theres a little algae on the plant roots! the roots are all brown, maybe just from staining from the nutrients, but they are kind of dry on the top and the bottom of the roots seem fine, just they're all brown. please tell me what to do to fix my babies cuz i dont know and it seems to get worse all the time. :(

smokeallday
10-04-2005, 04:42 AM
i guess it's root rot. what you guys think...

Garden Knowm
10-04-2005, 06:53 AM
1. stop smoking american spirit rollies
2. switch to cloves... they will kill you faster..
3. time to get down to business
4. if you are worried, change all the water.. go get distilled water from store and flush system..
5. are the roots mushy and brown.. or just brown..
6.. you will know if your roots are rotten. roots should be strong and should not pull apart like a gelatinous goo
7. if roots are dead, cut them off.. that dead shit will consume all the oxygen in your water.
8. don't worry about the brown spots on your leaves.. just flush with distilled water and clean off dead matter.

9. take better pics and report back.

good luck and I feel for you..

did you take clones yet?

Garden Knowm
10-04-2005, 06:54 AM
leave plants in distilled water for at least 2 days..

Anastrophy
10-04-2005, 01:23 PM
im using the water you get outside of safeway or frys for 15 cents a gallon almost the whole grow. i also heard a couple people say that distilled water is like dead water and you want water that uses reverse osmosis like this water, plus its cheaper. anyway, im gonna flush each plant with a gallon of water and redo the nutrients. as for leaving it in for 2 days in just distilled water? i never heard of that and i believe a lack of nutrients for that long would just kill them. take better pics? i been takin pics my whole grow. ill get back with more after i see what happens with these plants and no i havent cloned them yet i was going to clone them the day i changed the water but then they started doing this.

Melton420
10-10-2005, 03:05 AM
dam id say you need more water and light but i cant really see whats going on too close

Garden Knowm
10-11-2005, 05:50 AM
plants won't die from lack of nutrients in distilled water.. not for a long long time... distilled water is fine.. a plant in distlled water just stops growing.. it just kind of hibernates.... it is the best thing you can do if you need to purge your babies...

distilled is the best water available...

and now you KNOW