PDA

View Full Version : and i thought they would'nt grow tall

shadymike
06-23-2004, 06:34 PM
hi every1 looks like they are going to go through the roof can i trim to stop grow and so they dont burn on light? do you think i should start pruning at all?

Sensi Super Skunk
06-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah, you should start pruning.

bonbon
06-25-2004, 12:02 AM
do you think i should start pruning at all?

pruning or trimming now will slow growth and reduce your yield,train the tips by using twist ties,gently bend them so they curve at a 45* angle

dumass
06-25-2004, 04:29 PM
Heads up Mike, pruning would have been good but now I belive BonBon is right. I first saw this tip in Marijuana Grower's Guide (written by "Mel Frank" and is available from the Red Eye Press) and I belive it is a good one. If you don't have this book yet you might want to get it. Twenty dollars now could save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars down the road. This method will increase the growth in your plant's branches rather than hinder it with repair efforts. Try not to bend the plant's stem to, but not past, a 90 degree angle and, of course, don't break that top or cut into the stem with your tie! Maybe a fuzzy pipe cleaner or flannel would be a good idea. Try it for 2-4 days at a time and see what you think. Anyway, by the looks of that photo you'll probably have to wait until your next "season" to really get the best results.......