PDA

View Full Version : My Very Own Technique

jimmy5150guitars
09-30-2005, 05:57 AM
i have tried this method on several grows using the bubbler method, thought i would turn you guys on to it its teadous but you will find that it will speed up growth rate tremendously, its long so bare with me,
first you germ your seed i usually let them germ an extra day so the pertruding root is about an inch or longer , take a peice of rock wool make it about the size of a dice, i use a or around a 1"x1" block, i poke a hole all the wat through it so when i place the germed seed so that the root hangs out the bottom of it pretty far then i use a small dixie cup and place the rock wool in it letting the root stick out of the hole in the cup i then place it in a small bubbker i use plastic coffee containers i usually get 3 plants per coffee cont. i make sure that the cup is sat low enough either where the root is in the water or very close to it in no time the germened seed will then grow very fast i have had seedlings 5 days old from germ with roots 6 inches long with 3-4 leafs and it seems to work almost everytime getting the roots in oxygenated water from start seems to speed up the growing process instead of waiting forever for your roots to protrude , also it cuts down on the maint as far as watering your seedlings, and gives your plant the oppurtunity to uptake nutes early on yes i said nutes everyone is diff, i like to give my seedlings just a little nute mixture say 1/2-1 milileter per gal. and maybe a drop of superthrive, remember to keep the resv topped of every other day or as needed, until you transplant to a bigger one i have grow plants in a plastic coffee container througout the veg stage (one per container) it requiures a little more maint since they will only hold 1/2 gal. but it seems to get the job done. well thats about it i hope someone tries my method if you have any questions just ask away look at some of my post under hydroponics " hydro bubbler style story in the making started by the student for the great bubbler run, there are some pics of some plants i have grown this way.

good luck!!!!!

hooked on ponics

Garden Knowm
09-30-2005, 09:08 AM
thanks.. interesting.. I will go to the other forum and look for pics!

thanks

: )

notanovice
09-30-2005, 11:46 AM
you`ve come a long way
i commend your efforts
:) :) :) :)

Torog
09-30-2005, 11:57 AM
you`ve come a long way
i commend your efforts
:) :) :) :)
Howdy jimmy and nota,

I second that ! Keep up the good work,Jimmy !

Have a good one !