PDA

View Full Version : Bonez87x's Casket-Alpha

Bonez87x
09-30-2005, 04:21 AM
My last plant had balls, so I planted it out in the backwoods area. (another one was male v_v)

I obtained a seed from a bag of lcoal "jamaican reds", which is pretty much like a good reg thats a spongey budd with few really long red hairs. (i'll get a pic soon of the budd i bought)

ok. seeds germinated. i had it under a double 2' 80watt total flor fixture. its a couple weeks, its really.. how can i say... twiggy.. compared to any other pot plant i've grown and seen..
-----------------------------------------------------
Im making a fix for my closet for seedling-veg stage, its 1' deep, 1' wide, and 30" tall on the inside. adjustable shelf from top to bottom so moving the lights shouldnt be hard to do. its a small cabinet from walmart i bought years ago.
ok, heres the thing for my seedling to vegging box...
aka..
"Casket-Alpha"

Materials:
2x-indacasent light fixtures. (max bulb is 150w)
2x-26w, 4.1k lumen cfl lights [store didnt have the 25w 5.5k lumen bulbs i wanted.. they no longer carry :( ] (going to get better ones a bit down the road online.. but these are good for now..)
1x-Walmart Melamine Cabinet (closest thing to it now is a slightly larger one in diff color [Wal-Mart No.: 001748805]
?x-chinese plastic food bowl things (or other small device used in place of a planter's pot.. or a small planter's pot.)[yeah i know i fucked up and started it in a 5 gal v_v, future reference, im using chinese-food plastic bowls]
1x-power switch do-hickey; 6 socket.
1x-Roll of Double sided tape (unless you want to screw in the 6socket strip to the box)

i also plan on adding one or 2 more lights.. higher lumen ones of course; and maybe building a second box if this one works well.. (i have like 5 of these small cabinet things)

Bonez87x
09-30-2005, 04:25 AM
Tools:
Makita Drill, 1/2inch drill bit, philips bit size 2, some screws.
Masking or Duck Tape (stupid cardboard backing)
Keyhole saw
Ruler or Measuring Tape
Philips Screw driver
Small file
Scissors

(goop and pc fan also in image, i will add those on at a later date, its 12:20am and i just got done with it like about 10 mins ago. for now i can be lame and have a small fan blowing on it with the door open)

also, sorry bout images, they are kinda crappy :-/, my dig cam is shit.

Bonez87x
09-30-2005, 04:29 AM
My plant right now... i think she's ill.. all twiggy like that.. o_0

Bonez87x
09-30-2005, 03:36 PM
ok.. just woke up. disassembled my old pc130mhz packerd and stole the pc fans; did the same to my pc600mhz emachines, being both are no longer in use/work.

I came up with three fans; 4 if I use that small one (which I dont think I will...) Im only using 2 on a box tho

I saw this idea on a few diff projects of other peoples, thought it was a cool idea for small scale grow boxes, so Im going to have to borrow the idea :)
--------
More stuff needed:
Carpenters Adhesive and Sealent (glue stuff)
2- 12v PC Fans
2- 12v Adapters (my local thrift store has a big bucket full of these and other shit)
Electrical Tape
Wire Nuts (the yellow ones might work.. I'd use orange being its like good size for this and red is holy shit too big, and the green ones.. even bigger! So get the ORANGE ONES!)

I stripped the end of the wires on the PC fans so there is a bare 3/4" to a full inch of wire showing.
(you may want to test the fan; get a WORKING 9v battery and put the black wire on the - and the red on the + and see if the fan spins on its own)

(i need to go to the thrift store to get the adapters lol.. so I'll actually be working on it later when I get home, and take photos then also)
Cut off that little peice that fits to a no longer existing cell phone, coffee maker, toy car, or what ever.
Strip the end of the wire so you have 3/4" to a full inch of bare wire.

In 99% of the case, you PC Fan wire will have a red and a black. Also in 99% of the case, your adapter plug wire will have one black wire, and one black wire with a white stripe. Take the PC Fan Wire BLACK and twist it together with Adapter Wire BLACK WHITE STRIPED. Take the PC Fan Wire RED and twist it together with Adapter Wire BLACK SOLID.
In any 1% case that it is other wise.. I lack know how on it. I don t know what the yellow wire on a pc fan is for, and for the adapter, its pretty easy to guess .9% of that 1% of which is the + and -.

Place the PC FAN /// ADAPTER wire, thats twisted, ONE OF THEM, into the orange wire nut. Twist a bit more like your screwing it in and get it in there nicely. take electrical tape and wrap that lil beast up once around. Do the same to the other in a SEPERATE WIRE NUT. Plug it in to see if the fan works. If it works, unplug it, and add a lil more electrical tape around the wire/wirenut. If it DOESNT work, Unplug it, take the tape off, take the wire nut off and twist the wire together a bit harder, re-do the nut and tape and try again.
---------------------------------
Im thinking of one between the lights blowing out of the plant room and one on the door, ten inches from the bottom.. going up, center.. blowing in..

i'll day dream about it and other ideas etc. for now.. im at work v_v

turtle420
09-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Looks good man... Let us know how it goes... ;)

Bonez87x
10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
F it, plant got to big to fast o0

so now im just shitting it in the closet. hope the rose is good in the end.