PDA

View Full Version : co2???

jasper
06-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Not really up on all this grow room stuff yet....How do you increase the co2 in a room???....always thought good ventilation was the best you could do. TANX>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

bonbon
06-22-2004, 08:05 PM
if the room has a window,a rectangular window fan can be used to exhaust out while the door of the room(slightly opened) can let fresh air in,or you can attach a door vent that will allow you to keep the door shut,i would use the vent option to maintain privacy,on the inside of the vent,an air filter can be taped to keep the dust out also(fresh air is about 300ppm's + CO2)....bonbon

jasper
06-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanx for the info....was thinking of using a closet.....intake air from under the house.....exhaust through the attic.....should work???

bonbon
06-23-2004, 10:52 AM
make sure that the intake has some kind of filter on it,CO2 is heavier than air ,so you'll get a maximum of it using your planned method,a very good idea you have....bonbon

dumass
06-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I have a recipe for homemade CO2 production, if you want me to write it out just reply..... It's not free ( but it's pretty F@#$ing cheap! ;) ) and it's only good for 7-10 days at a time. Of course it's no competition to tanks but in a chamber or even a closet it DOES help. The other thing I wanted to mention was your intake and exhaust. Beyond the possible CO2 loss from having the exhaust below the house is the threat of alien invaders! I live in a fairly wooded area and from time to time I have had to waste my time and money destroying entire populations of various little buggers. Try a find some form of screen/coarse foam/cloth filter to keep them at bay, if that "mite" be an issue for you. Another cool product that I noticed is for (exhaust) dryer vents. It's just a section of 4" pvc (?), straight or 90 degree angle, with a small plastic ball that rests inside a small cage at the exit........ air out, ball up, no air, ball down..... Oh shit, it went out, gotta go-

bonbon
07-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Beyond the possible CO2 loss from having the exhaust below the house is the threat of alien invaders!

Well, where i come from the air is free including the 300ppm co2 it contains,And he's using his cellar or basement(I assume) for an intake,I told him to use a filter also,as long as the area below the house is vented(screened windows or air vents)he should have more than enough fresh air and co2 for a nice grow....bonbon

jasper
07-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Thanks you guys.....I grew up in agriculture(different kind).....Know all about the alien invaders.....I was going to pull air from under the house...exhaust through the attic. The house is built on a foundation...about 3 feet between the ground and the floor. Was thinking of using a ducted fan so i could just screen off the bottom of the duct to keep out the vermin....using a small closet...about 4'x2'....thanx again

mrxthethcman
07-02-2004, 09:24 PM
I GIVE MINE A SQUERT WITH A CO2 FIRE EXSTINGUISHER EVER TWO WEEKS OR SO

dumass
07-03-2004, 10:33 PM
DOH! :rolleyes:

dumass
07-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Uh, it was the right answer it was just the wrong question...... :rolleyes: Sorry guys!! Man I really hope the guys that hooked ME up with info are'nt smoking the same stuff I am................