PDA

View Full Version : Bat Shit (aka, Guano)

turtle420
09-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Hello people,

I was wondering about the Guano....

I live pretty close to some natural cave formations (are there un-natural formations?)... and there are lots of bats there...

I don't want to name the place, because then you people would know that I live pretty close to X place... I don't mind you people... I mind the law people that maybe roam these threads....

Anyways, I could get as much bat shit as I'd like... My question is, what do I do with it?

Because it isn't being sold, I'm getting it, um, as is. Should I add something to it? Should I dissolve it in something else? Do I mix it with the water+nutes? Please advise....

BTW: Does bat shit work? Are the improvements really that good?

Thanks,

-turtle420 :cool:

HARDDON
09-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Bat Guano is different than bat shit.

The beauty of guano, is that it WAS once bat shit....but then bugs eat the shit and shit that shit out.

So really its shit several times over...if you can follow that :)

Pure bat shit I have no idea about.

You should really buy some some manufactured and processed bat guano...

Although in Jamaica, they just scoop it up and throw into the soil.

Yes, it is that good.....but you need to experiment.

Some bat shit is higher than other bat shit in nitrogen while other bat shit is higher in P-K than N.

It all depends on how many different stages of eating and shitting it has gone thru.

Your approach is truly that of an investigator :)

I would try it by mixing some in the top one or two inches of soil and then water.

turtle420
09-28-2005, 03:44 PM
HARDDON,

Ahahahhahaaaaa..... LOL !!!

"then bugs eat the shit and shit that shit out."

LOL!!!! Ahahahaaaaaaaaa..... !!!!!

I'll try and do some experimenting.... but I'm doing a hydro NFT setup, so I guess I'm going to have to dissolve the shit in the water and nutes....

I'll keep you guys updated... at any event, bat shit for me is still at least 1 month away...

Thanks for input!

PS: HarddON, please provide your input (if any) on the 21:36/8 light cycle http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=29180 THANKS!

HARDDON
09-28-2005, 09:05 PM
My only input on the hour cycle is that several side by sides would have to be conducted for me to believe that this is better than what growers long before I was born have determined is best.

Hey anything that improves the yeild, an the THC and the buzzzz...hey I am all for it. Yet as I said, I would have to see it to believe it.

I am actually experimenting with my own with a light cycle for flowering of 14/10 :)

Torog
09-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Hello people,

I was wondering about the Guano....

I live pretty close to some natural cave formations (are there un-natural formations?)... and there are lots of bats there...

I don't want to name the place, because then you people would know that I live pretty close to X place... I don't mind you people... I mind the law people that maybe roam these threads....

Anyways, I could get as much bat shit as I'd like... My question is, what do I do with it?

Because it isn't being sold, I'm getting it, um, as is. Should I add something to it? Should I dissolve it in something else? Do I mix it with the water+nutes? Please advise....

BTW: Does bat shit work? Are the improvements really that good?

Thanks,

Howdy turtle420,

I would be careful about using fresh feces,it needs to be composted first and rendered disease free,you should wear latex gloves,dust mask and eye protection,even with 'safe' guano,I would do such..the same holds true for bone-meal and blood-meal,because they can be vectors for mad cow disease.

Fresh,un-composted feces of any sort,can be a disease vector and the nitrogen content can be so high as to burn yer plants.

I have used bat guano before and the plants love it,also,studies show that it increases the brix factor-the natural 'sweetness' of a plant,it results in a sweeter taste and a higher brix factor also means a more disease and pest resistant plant,as well. I made a guano tea,which I poured on the soil, and added it,in dry form, to my soil mix,as well. Guano tea,is high in particulate matter,so if yer growing in hydro,you need to be aware that it can clog up filters and such.

Have a good one ...

Torog
09-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Hi,

HOBBYGROWING IS VERY EASY NOW!!!

YOUR RESULTS ARE UNBELIEVABLE WITH THE NEW:

--------------TERRAPONICS-----------

See also: www.growtradecenter.nl!!!!!

With very kind regards,

G.T.C.
Heerlen/Dordrecht
Howdy Grow,

Well..I checked out yer site,but it's all in Dutch or something..I hope that you will have an english version soon..any idea when ?

Have a good one ....

turtle420
09-30-2005, 12:28 PM
oooook........

I'll be leaving the bat guano... I won't use it... Mad Cow??? Fuck that shit, shit. That would make it shit^squared...

Although I can do the gloves, mask, eye protection thing... I don't know, I just got put off by the idea of making "shit tea" for my plants... ever 10 days or so... Fuck it.

Thanks everyone for putting your minds together to think about Shit. This shit is really informative as to the shit I'm trying to grow with some of that shit.

Torog
09-30-2005, 12:37 PM
oooook........

I'll be leaving the bat guano... I won't use it... Mad Cow??? F*ck that shit, shit. That would make it shit^squared...

Although I can do the gloves, mask, eye protection thing... I don't know, I just got put off by the idea of making "shit tea" for my plants... ever 10 days or so... F*ck it.

Thanks everyone for putting your minds together to think about Shit. This shit is really informative as to the shit I'm trying to grow with some of that shit.

Howdy turtle,

Now I didn't mean to scare ya off,there are many good and mostly safe-guanos,but they are mostly safe-because they've been composted and pasteurized.

One of the down-sides to making guano tea,is that it does stink and I wouldn't use it as a foliar spray either,but the plants do love it and ya git great growth out of it. Are ya growing in soil or hydro ? I think that there are guano preparations suitable for hydro,but I ain't totally sure about that .

Have a good one !

turtle420
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Hello Torog :) Thank you for replying to my questions, very appreciative...

I know you didn't mean to put me off or anything, but, oh well, I guess there comes a time in a man's life when he has to decide if he's going to work with shit or not.

To shit, or not to shit?... that is the question...

Maybe I'll do it, I'll let you know.
As to my setup:
I'm doing a cabinet inside a closet with a 1000W dual ballast (600W HPS + 400W MH)... it will be Hydro NFT, and hopefully I can do a good LST for a SCRoG.

Hey Torog! What do you think about this light cycle? It's 21:36/8... ideas?
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=29180

Thanks!