PDA

View Full Version : Chonged's Cab Grow

chonged
09-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi all,

This is my second grow this year. The less said about the first attempt the better :)

Ive bought 10 Chystal seeds from a shop by me. 7 germinated. The seeds had probably been in the shop for years. Next time i'll get seeds direct from the seed merchants. Ive used here before and i recommend them.

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/productCategory.cfm?sC=Cannabis_Seeds&iProductCategoryID=231

Ive got the temp down to 79 degree's, light 20/4. ive used seedling soil

here's a pic of one of my 2 day old babies. i'll post pics every few days or when i notice problems

turtle420
09-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Nice work Chonged...

Looks to be interesting... keep us updated.

QUESTION: What's you setup? If you don't mind...
-SPACE
-LIGHTS
-SOIL/HYDRO/ANTI-GRAVITY
-etc.

Thanks for the input and for sharing!

-turtle420 :cool:

chonged
09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
hi Turtle,

Im veging in a 1.5 sq cab, under a 200w eco light, in seedling soil (flushed twice). i'll post more pics tonight when i get in from work

below is a pic of what happens to a plant if it is planted in pre fertilized potting compost/ soil. it horrified me looking at this photo again ... how could i treat it so bad

:)

chonged
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
** 1.5ft squared **

sMOkeY bOB
09-28-2005, 11:56 AM
its the beginning of sumthing so sweet and tasty good luck

chonged
10-02-2005, 10:50 AM
cheers smokey bob :)

well my plants are now 1 week old. they have now grown their first node

droopy leaves on the most developed plant....i duno what the problem is (if any)

boring stuff i know...i wish they would grow faster :)

pics 1 and 3 are the same plant...pic 2 is a different one

turtle420
10-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Ahhh... I envy you chonged... I wish my plants looked like that... then again, I still don't have any seeds!

Anastrophy
10-02-2005, 04:54 PM
hey chonged i been growing in a hydro setup, actually been having help from all sorts of people too and ive learned a lot. that one with the droopy leaves could be getting overwatered. when i went to the hydro shop for nute burn i also mentioned that some had a reddish-purpilish stem and they said that that is a problem with the plant. the leaves should kind of be at an upward angle toward the light. as they grow bigger they will droop because of the size of the leaves. i havent grown in soil and im on my first grow, but check your nutrient or ph balance if you do that, and make sure you're not overwatering. as with my hydro setup you just want to make sure that the soil has moisture. not soaking wet. the way i can tell is i pick a pot up and if its really light, it needs to be water. the lack of water makes it so light. but if theres some weight to it, and you can kinda feel moisture then they dont need to be watered.

i just changed the water in my bubble bucket and im on week 3. my week 3 requires a different mixture of nutes from week one and two and i think i even went a little over and gave the plants some nute burn but im pretty sure i fixed it. ive seen all these soil grows and check out how big these plants are at week 3 :D

chonged
10-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi Anastrphy, I think its to do with the plants position in my cab, its been getting more light from the walls than the bulb, its been on the outer edge. Ive moved it dircetly under the bulb

Purple stems indicate a phosphorus deficency, but this plant is only a week old and is getting all the nutrients it needs from the first 2 nodes (cant remember what theyre called) think its purple just cos its young....i'll start to fert in about a weeks time

cheers for the input...i thought about it being over watering...but its had only been watered twice in its life and none of the other's looked the same...so...think its the light

Turtle.......if i fuck this grow up and end up with loads of seeds i'll send u some :)

chonged
10-05-2005, 10:34 AM
my plants are showing signs of nute deficency (black spots on leaves), so ive used a 20-20-20 fert to see if that sorts the prob out

also had the light on 24/7 - thats now been lowered to 20/4,

been reading up on light...too much of it can be bad, so lowered plants to about 4 inches under the bulb

Zandor
10-05-2005, 04:46 PM
You should not use potting soil with nutrients in the soil. I hope you are not using miracle grow products.

Black spots is a sign of Potassium problems fyi.

The soil with nutrients in the dirt are not meant for resin producing plants and if you add more nutrients in your water you are going to kill them. Just a warning.

chonged
10-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi Zandor, thanks for your input :)

i used seedling soil for this grow that i flushed. I wasnt sure how long the plant would last before it needed nutes (as i have nute burned all previous seedlings). Popular consensus from various grow guides on the net was 1 - 2 weeks. I just discovered its 1 - 2 days

ive used a 4-4-8 (20-20-40) fertilizer to correct the potassium deficiency. i am going to have to keep watching new growth for problems, but the fert seems to be working as the plants look green now rather than yellow and the leaves are uncurling

here's pics of my walking wounded. they are 10 days old

Zandor
10-06-2005, 04:38 PM
That plant is to young for nutrients anyway so just be careful. Seedlings do not really need any nutrients. You are in the seedling cycle until you have your 4th set of true leaves formed by the way.

oturbojoeo4o
11-07-2005, 05:30 PM
nice man

elcheapo
11-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah I agree with you chonged. I think it was getting side light. Mine did the same and I was only using side light at that stage. As soon as I put lighting above it.. it took off and all the leaves were doing their best stretching to absorb it.