PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Water Spray System ???

turtle420
09-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Hello fellow stoners...

I was thinking, upon reading a couple of interesting threads...

If watering your plants with a hand-held water spray bottle is so good, what about doing an automatic setup?

Something like an aeroponic system, with a pump and some nozzles/mist-heads... We could hang a couple of these nozzles around the inside of the cabinet (or grow room, you lucky toker)... The pump can run with a timer, so every once in a while, your plants get a nice misting of water on their leaves, folliage, etc.

Ideas?

Negatives:
I'm thinking, that maybe when you people water them, it's something more 'custom'. More like, direct watering of the areas... instead of an overall water mist.

Please let me know inputs.

-turtle420 :cool:

Da1KrayzieThug
09-26-2005, 06:33 AM
When I had my plants I spent most of my free time with them so spraying them wasn't something bad at all. We're all in love with our plants so why would we want to skip watering them? :D Just a little reminder.

turtle420
09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Thug,
Definitely I'm with you... but I was thinking, that if plants benefit from water spraying every ... say, 1 hour... then, although I'm in love with my plants, I definitely don't want to see them for 2 minutes every hour for 24 hours....

Nothing, just thinking up of a system that might be helpful. Please let me know your new input Thug!

Thanks,

-turtle420 :cool:

Zandor
09-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Use a very fine mister or a fogger to spray the plants and raise the RH. You need to control it to keep the humidity at the proper level. That's how some of us grow big is using high RH levels and either foggers or misters. You will need a cycle timer because you only run it about 30 secondâ??s every 3-5 min or there is too much water build up and you can cause mold. It's only good in the vegetation cycle too during flower there is to big of a chance of bud rot or mold.

turtle420
09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Very interesting... Thank you! :)

chisme
10-06-2005, 12:37 PM
yeah a little system like that would be great
say it could mist for 10 seconds once every 2hours that would be good come up with a proto and sell on e-bay!!

Zandor
10-06-2005, 04:57 PM
yeah a little system like that would be great
say it could mist for 10 seconds once every 2hours that would be good come up with a proto and sell on e-bay!!
Problem is the timmer is like 80 bucks alone but they are easy to build with PVC.

chisme
10-06-2005, 11:14 PM
yeah but the exspensive part would be to prototype a squiter moter anyone know what this could be ripped from?

basicaly(spelly?) we need a machine that squits water when it has a current passed to it buy the timer then we wqould have to come up with a casing design ........big thinking and marketing skills and that could be the next big profit product for hydro and soil growers alike :D

chisme
10-06-2005, 11:15 PM
that is without the stoned spelling mistakes lol

Zandor
10-07-2005, 03:53 PM
A cycle timmer cost about 90 bucks. You can vary the time from 10 seconds on up to 60 min on and the off cycle varys from 30 sec off to 60 min off. A good misting cycle is 30 sec on every 5 min. That will give you an RH around 70-80% during the veg cycle. For flower you don't use anywhere near that level of RH but for vegetation is kicks ass.

offtheradar
10-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Just curious, I've heard foliar spray is great. But, I've also heard that water droplets on your leaves act as a magnifying glass and burn the leaves from the light. So which one should we do. Spray or not. Hmmmmm....

chisme
10-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Just curious, I've heard foliar spray is great. But, I've also heard that water droplets on your leaves act as a magnifying glass and burn the leaves from the light. So which one should we do. Spray or not. Hmmmmm....

i say spray is they way lol but any one know of a similar cheap product i could just smash up and nick the innards from and add a bit ere and there and well u know..

HARDDON
10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Peronally I could care less about some water spot burns on leaves? Hell I dont smoke the leaves, I give them to my shittiest employee :)

Gotta be careful useing water and misters around your shit if you have a smaller area. Doing this stuff in rooms is great but small box or closets are different.

If that water hits your HID bulbs.................OUCH:eek:

No telling what might happen.

I always like to pull the tomatos outt of the light area before I mist.

Hey..just be cool and careful :)

Sounds like great idea for larger grow areas. Maybe even fill some tanks with my

DOCTOR HARD ON'S TWIN BALL ROOT TONIC....

THough it doesnt get to the roots so I guess I gotta think of something else. :(

Zandor
10-08-2005, 03:50 PM
The misters and foggers I am talking about are a very fine spray and evaporates before it hits the floor. There is no pooling of water anywhere to cause problems.

chisme
10-08-2005, 09:57 PM
yeah ones that put out a mist like on perfum bottles :confused: