PDA

View Full Version : Brain Chemicals::

mseerob
09-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey whats up smokers I gotta question. I went to a doctor to get an allergy shot (Real bad with grass and trees and I know it has nothing to do with cannabis lol) Anyways me and the doctor was talking for a bit before he on to the next patient. He told me that after you stop smoking cannabis it take a good couple of months to almost a year for the chemicals in the brain to settle back to normal.. Is this true? I was actually told that by two doctors, one phsychraist in a walking clinic.

Anyways all Im feeling is my mind and my body feels a lil tired. You know that feeling when your beginning to feel real sleepy and then once you try to keep yourself focus and start blinking your eyes so you wont fall alseep then you get this weird feeling in your head then you maintain your focus. Thats what Im going through and a lil lost feeling in my surrounding plus my concernate 100% but who knows. I just wanted to know what you guys think. Please reply back.

CloudyDay
09-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Its called drug withdrawl

Have you never heard about it before?

When you use drugs you feel like shit for a few days after.
It is called drug withdrawl.

mseerob
09-22-2005, 12:50 AM
hey hey now buddy dont even start getting rude with me on here... I was just asking a question. Thanks. Besides its been happening for over a month. Meaning it shouldnt be happening anymore.

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 03:19 AM
Hey, it happens in younger users.
I learned this fact:

Teenage users take two months until they stop showing signs of marijuana use.

mseerob
09-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey whats up..

Well Im not a teenager. Im 20 years old.

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 04:00 PM
They didn't say teenagers, exactly, just younger users.

mseerob
09-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh ok thats coo. I was told it would take a good couple of months. But its all good. I quit smoking on august 7 2005. So I guess Im still going through the withdraw shit.

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 05:28 PM
I also know that there are no withdrawal symptoms. I meant that there are signs of use, up to two months. I didn't research it enough. I'll look to see where I got that.

kuulbns
09-22-2005, 05:30 PM
You also mention seeing a physch. Are you on any prescription meds that may be contributing to your tired feelings perhaps?

kuulbns
09-22-2005, 05:31 PM
You also mention seeing a physch. Are you on any prescription meds that may be contributing to your tired feelings perhaps?

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 05:38 PM
I took 'brain-candy' and a muscle relaxer. I asked my friend to get the best herb, he could find. It would freak me out, I know that, not knock me out.

I have no clue where I saw that(info on two months), but it was, rather, recently.

mseerob
09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I took 'brain-candy' and a muscle relaxer. I asked my friend to get the best herb, he could find. It would freak me out, I know that, not knock me out.

I have no clue where I saw that(info on two months), but it was, rather, recently.

????

Well I was on some anti depressant pills but I stopped taking them. Could that be the reason? The only thing I feel is like my mind is tired and my arms feels tired too. And my mind is obviously in focus in reality but not like 100%. Thats all other than that Im alright :)

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Pills and weed will make your heart race. I guess coming down from the pills and weed, you'll feel an exaggerated 'low'.

I was taking two drugs because the doctors couldn't figure out where the pain in my foot was coming from, after my 30th car accident. The 'brain-candy' was Topamex and the other was a muscle relaxer (Baclophyn). I took those, in combination, for half-a-year, and, everyday, I smoked herb. It freaked me out, everyday, and I loved it. But, I don't suggest it. It got me into some strange situations.

mseerob
09-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh ok cool.

But my question is could it still be a withdrawal that Im going through?

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 08:50 PM
No, you don't go through withdrawals, physically or mentally. Rice and mats, I mean, mice and rats won't self-administer THC, so I think if they can handle it, so can you. You can show symptoms of use, but they are not withdrawals.

I'll get a link on it.

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 08:52 PM
[IMAGE THREE]
CAPTION:
(Image is a NIDA Jack Henningfield graph of Nicotine, Heroin, Cocaine, Alcohol, Caffeine, and Marijuana. The graphs compare each drug??s 5 types of addictive properties. Marijuana is lower in ??seriousness? than any of the drugs, in any category, except two places: Marijuana is slightly more intoxicating than nicotine and caffeine, and Marijuana has a slightly more ??serious? ??reinforcement? score than caffeine.)

After comparing the different drugs on this chart, it is clear that Marijuana??s addictive properties do not justify its legal status as a ??Schedule I substance.? The ??Intoxication? scores on this chart represent the effects of the drug. If people use drugs for a desired effect, or intoxication, it would make sense to weigh the addiction effect against the intoxication effect. Ideally a substance would have low addiction and high intoxication. Refer to the above graph for the most ??ideal? popular drug: Marijuana.
The Family Council on Drug Awareness offers this answer: ??Is Marijuana Addictive? No, it is not [8]. Most users are moderate consumers who smoke it socially to relax. We now know that 10% of our population have ??addictive personalities? and they are neither more nor less likely to overindulge in cannabis than in anything else. On a relative scale, marijuana is less habit forming than either sugar or chocolate but more so than anchovies. Sociologists report a general pattern of marijuana use that peaks in the early adult years, followed by a period of leveling off and then a gradual reduction in use [9].? (The Family Counsel on Drug Awareness)
The recent discoveries of the brain??s cannabinoid receptors are ground shaking. Normally, drug use stimulates the dopamine receptors in the brain. ??Smokin?? Dope? is now an invalid slang term for ??Smoking Cannabis,? because only the brain??s natural cannabinoid receptors are stimulated, not the dopamine receptors. Research thus far has only been able to find one substance that stimulates cannabinoid receptors: Cannabis. The nature of the cannabinoid receptor allows the brain to turn off the receptor, killing any potential for addiction; in fact this unique quality can actually help fight addiction to other substances that stimulate dopamine receptors. Reiter states: ??Finally? ?this power of cannabis to initiate a melatonin cascade on cue does tend to support to the claims of harm reductionists of the utility of weaning addicts off cocaine, cigarettes and alcohol with low-dose cannabis.? (Reiter) ??Reiter cited Italian researchers who gave pure THC, the main active ingredient of cannabis, to 9 volunteers whose serum melatonin levels went up 4,000% in the next two hours!? (Reiter) It appears that we can conclude that the dangers of Marijuana addiction are non-existent, and if anything, Marijuana fights addiction. ??Meanwhile, advocates of marijuana-law reform must learn to use the latest research as a tool to demonstrate that marijuana users have been right for a long, long time. The remaining challenge is to confront the irrationality of America's current public policy.? (Gettman)
One particular Marijuana Activist, Jack Herer, is offering $100,000 to anyone that can prove his pro-??CANNABIS/HEMP/MARIJUANA? argument wrong. Herer can safely do this because the argument is worth much more than money, as displayed in his opening paragraph:
??If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction, were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the greenhouse effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is the same one that has done it before... CANNABIS/HEMP/MARIJUANA!? (Herer $100K) Herer??s challenge was announced July 4th, 2002. ??No one has taken the $100,000 challenge to prove me wrong. Why? Because I am right. The U.S. government has been lying to us since the early 1900s. Do economic interests and the police have more to say than the people about the future of our planet?? (Herer $100K)
One must also acknowledge the valid claim that Marijuana is illegal for reasons other than our safety-- reasons of government agenda. Even within the DEA this claim is made loud and clear as seen in Judge Young??s ruling: ??On September 6, 1988, the Drug Enforcement Administration's Chief Administrative Law Judge, Francis L. Young, ruled: "In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care... ...[T]he provisions of the [Controlled Substances] Act permit and require the transfer of marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule II [(Less Punishable)] It would be unreasonable, arbitrary and capricious for the DEA to continue to stand between those sufferers and the benefits of this substance." (Young)
The preceding ruling made by Young says exactly what all research on Marijuana says; Marijuana is far from dangerous! Unfortunately our government is still too ignorant (or corrupt) to stop the atrocious incarceration of otherwise law abiding citizens. The FBI reports horrific numbers: ??In 2000, 46.5 percent of the 1,579,566 total arrests for drug law violations were for cannabis -- a total of 734,497. Of those, 646,042 people were arrested for possession alone. This is an increase over 1999, when a total of 704,812 Americans were arrested for cannabis offenses, of which 620,541 were for possession alone.? (FBI) This figures are overwhelming, but if we were actually winning the ??Drug War? figures could be more like this: ??It would cost $365 billion to jail everyone who smoked marijuana last year??five times the total national, state and local spending for all police, courts and prisons combined. To contain this crowd behind walls, we would need a cadre of guards and other prison employees larger than all of our military forces combined. These projections are not entirely academic: The nation is completing the construction, on average, of a new prison every week.? (Kane)
In conclusion, Marijuana is a powerful drug. Cannabis??s ability to stimulate Cannabinoid receptors destroys tumors, retards the spread of cancer, and relieves chronic pain; its research should be legalized. Cannabis is one of the safest substances for humans and one of the healthiest plants for Earth. Hemp and the responsible adult use of Marijuana should be legalized, to both stimulate the economy, and protect our citizens from tumors, cancer, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and hard drug addiction. To add catalyst, the government??s ignorance and brutality should be more than angering, and it should stop. -from a huge research paper

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 08:54 PM
That pretty much answers a lot of questions in these forums, feel privileged that you read it, because I doubt many will.

kuulbns
09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
LOL!! I read it. Anyway, If you have recently stopped antidepressants, yes you will feel tired. You may also start to feel depressed, if you do try to stop and remember, this is what I took the meds for, take a few breaths and try to think it through. By all means if you feel you need help, that you're too down or tired see the DR. I'm no expert but I hope it all works out for you and hope everything goes well.

mseerob
09-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Thats a great post. Dont get me wrong Im not trying to make cannabis a bad drug to smoke or anything but when you start getting weird symptoms then you will start to get a lil concerned. Its a pretty wierd thing to think about. People tell me if your not a daily smoker like a on and off smoker then the THC will be cleaned out of your systems quickly within days, other people tell me months. Another thing I wanted to point out is this doctor I talked at a walkin clinic some pyshcirast said it doesnt matter if the THC is out of your bloodstream, it still takes months for the chemicals in the brain to settle back to normal therefore feeling back to your normal state again. Cause I also had a blood test and I was negative from every drug from cannabis to cocaine. But the doctor then told me that it doesnt matter, it still takes time for your brain to get back to normal. Even my family doctor told me that as well, except my family doctor told me it will take almost a year for your brain to feel better again. Thats all really.

beachguy in thongs
09-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks...I don't think a year is accurate...but, remember I didn't research it, thoroughly.

One more thing, when I was in drug classes, it was mentioned by someone else that if you're a daily user as opposed to a recreational user, then your metabolism processes it faster and gets rid of it quicker. Opposite of what you're hearing. I don't know the definite answer to that, either.

CloudyDay
09-23-2005, 01:50 AM
????

Well I was on some anti depressant pills but I stopped taking them. Could that be the reason? The only thing I feel is like my mind is tired and my arms feels tired too. And my mind is obviously in focus in reality but not like 100%. Thats all other than that Im alright :)
Yes, if your a drug user and you stop taking drugs
that could be the reason you are going through drug
withdrawl. What are you stupid? Did you not know
drugs cause withdrawl? You should know this before
you start using drugs buddy

rysk8er420
09-23-2005, 02:31 AM
Cloudy WTF is with all this "withdrawl" shit, its not like he stopped using heroin. What do you think weed is like hard drug? Even heavy users only become at most phycologically dependant, not physically.

You make it sound as if THC is a pison in your body, even tho the brain has natural cannabanoid receptors.

And Mseerob what the hell are you talking about chemicals in your brain to settel and be normal? That sounds like a very beliveable scientific term, can you sense the sarcasm?

Dont believ everything your doctor tells you about marijuana

beachguy in thongs
09-23-2005, 05:34 AM
Cloudy WTF is with all this "withdrawl" shit, its not like he stopped using heroin. What do you think weed is like hard drug? Even heavy users only become at most phycologically dependant, not physically.

You make it sound as if THC is a pison in your body, even tho the brain has natural cannabanoid receptors.

And Mseerob what the hell are you talking about chemicals in your brain to settel and be normal? That sounds like a very beliveable scientific term, can you sense the sarcasm?

Dont believ everything your doctor tells you about marijuana

He's going through withdrawals from the prescription medicine, and the withdrawals are being prolonged by the pot use, which is what is so great about weed. Except in a case like this. I went through withdrawals from those drugs, I told you about, and kept right on with my weed-smoking. It will make it harder on you. How long have you gone without smoking pot since you took the prescription medication?

mseerob
09-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Yes, if your a drug user and you stop taking drugs
that could be the reason you are going through drug
withdrawl. What are you stupid? Did you not know
drugs cause withdrawl? You should know this before
you start using drugs buddy

Yes I know that any drug you take can cause a drug withdrawal after you stop taking them you stupid fucking idiot and dont call me buddy either.

He's going through withdrawals from the prescription medicine, and the withdrawals are being prolonged by the pot use, which is what is so great about weed. Except in a case like this. I went through withdrawals from those drugs, I told you about, and kept right on with my weed-smoking. It will make it harder on you. How long have you gone without smoking pot since you took the prescription medication?

Hey man whats up, I stopped smoking weed on August 6 2005. That date was the last and final time I will ever smoke weed. And for the anti depressants I was prescribed I got them August 23 2005. I actually stopped taking them for awhile. I went back on them last night. Again if Im also going through the withdraw from the pot smoking then Coo! I totally understand. Its not a big deal.

beachguy in thongs
09-23-2005, 04:14 PM
No, I meant the symptoms that resulted from your 'prescription-drug' withdrawal, is staying in your system longer because of the pot.

You'll get over it, whatever you're going through, and whatever you're getting yourself back into by taking the prescriptions. Just don't take any other drugs. Pot, itself, can heal, but I don't know how much it will, actually, help drugs in your system that are trying to fight something that's already wrong with your system. I can't see it hurting you. Just remember, that you're fucking with your heart with every type of medicine.

mseerob
09-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah I totally understand that. I dont take any other drugs besides my ashtma puffers and that anti-depressant pills. thats all. Yeah I should be alright, just my body feels weak and tired. Its weird like my head and my body feels weak/tired but in mentally Im not tired. When I move my arm or whatever it feels drained out. But hey its not to much of a big deal, Im not bitching all the time about it. I actually had throat tightness for 6-7 months but then I learned that weed triggered anxiety on my ass lol. Now that I was given ativan, I dont feel the throat tightness as much anymore either. I get it a tiny lil bit. But it all should go away. Im going to lay off the pot for a good while.

beachguy in thongs
09-23-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't want to tell you to throw out all your pills.
But, if you notice you're starting to lose a connection with reality, it's because of them.
They're still experimenting with pills and can basically do anything. There are some pretty smart people in the medical field, I tell ya'.

mseerob
09-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Im actually starting to feel a lot better and mind is be able to keep focus in reality. I guess everyday its improving a lot better. I still got the anti-depressants to finish tho. :rolleyes:

beachguy in thongs
09-25-2005, 07:04 PM
You'll feel like you're on coke, if you mix weed and prescription drugs.
I love the coke high, so I did it everyday.

CloudyDay
09-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Yes I know that any drug you take can cause a drug withdrawal after you stop taking them you stupid fucking idiot and dont call me buddy either.

Hey man whats up, I stopped smoking weed on August 6 2005. That date was the last and final time I will ever smoke weed. And for the anti depressants I was prescribed I got them August 23 2005. I actually stopped taking them for awhile. I went back on them last night. Again if Im also going through the withdraw from the pot smoking then Coo! I totally understand. Its not a big deal.

Well why did you ask what is wrong with you?
Do you have a mental illness?

mseerob
09-26-2005, 05:05 AM
Shit I wish I could PM on here this guy's got a fucking problem. I was asking if this is a normal thing to go through, what else do you think you dumbass. Do you think I was just posting this just for the time I wish to waste.

beachguy in thongs
09-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Why PM? Then no one will hear you.

CloudyDay
10-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Im actually starting to feel a lot better and mind is be able to keep focus in reality. I guess everyday its improving a lot better. I still got the anti-depressants to finish tho. :rolleyes:
Lay off the drugs you stupid druged out faggot!

prplchknz
10-15-2005, 05:41 PM
cloudy-shut the fuck up! he's not abusing drugs they were given to him in a presciption, he was asking if what he was feeling was normal--"NOT What's the fuck wrong with him," do us all a favor and leave.

mseerob-hope the symptoms disspear soon.

mseerob
10-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh yeah I felt better like 4 weeks after I started this thread. thanks yo...

And that cloudy dude can go and suck a fat dick you stupid fag.

beachguy in thongs
10-15-2005, 06:42 PM
And (you) dude can go and suck a fat dick you stupid fag.

Or, "(you) dude can go and suck a fag you fat stupid dick."