PDA

View Full Version : Is a humidifier needed?

turtle420
09-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Hello people,

I'm still on the planning stage of my 1st cabinet closet grow. I've got one question: Do I need a humidifier? Will it be beneficial?

Thank you very much for your help!

-turtle420 :cool:

Bonez87x
09-21-2005, 06:47 PM
I believe the added moisture in the air will thicken the leaves, and also may make it harder for it to breathe. I wouldnt advise using it being leaves expell moisture and the extra moisture will make it harder to do so. can also cause some mold going on.

from how I view it, its unadvisable v_v

turtle420
09-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Bonez,
Sounds good. Thanks for the info...

Zandor
09-22-2005, 05:31 PM
I believe the added moisture in the air will thicken the leaves, and also may make it harder for it to breathe. I wouldnt advise using it being leaves expell moisture and the extra moisture will make it harder to do so. can also cause some mold going on.

from how I view it, its unadvisable v_v
That is not correct.

Added moisture RH around 70% will grow stronger, healthier and better plants. You lower the RN down to 40-45% after you have flowers formed.

The extra moisture makes it easer for the plants to breath not harder.

Yes too much moisture can cause mold but that is easy to deal with, that's why we use sulfur pots.

There is a balance you must play if you want to grow stress free plants that produce quality buds with higher THC percent them most. It's not to hard if you have the right equipment.

turtle420
09-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Zandor,
Thanks for the reply!

I'll be looking into humidifiers soon...

QUESTION to the Cannabis.com community: Please help me upload photos to a post! I've read the FAQs, to no avail. I'm trying, but I can't get it working. It would really help if I could upload pictures to my posts... Please reply if possible to the original post for this question @ http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=32080

Thanks for the help everyone!

Sentinel
09-22-2005, 06:09 PM
what is the right equipment essential for growing a few plants in a closet? seeds pots soil fertilizer and lights is that everything?

turtle420
09-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Sentinel,

Yikes dude... I'm no pro in this weed growing thing, and I'm about to start my first grow now.. but I can tell you, it really depends on what you want to...

You need to hit the FAQs man... read all you can there... for example, if you have big pimping lights, you'll need to provide an exhaust of hot air from the closet. There's shitloads of things... but quite easy once you read a little.

Good luck,

Zandor
09-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Turtle you are looking for a fogger not really a humidifier. A fogger works with cold water and a humidifier works with warm water. If you are going to go that way it's cool just know you need to control the environment with a controller. You can get one from eBay for $150-$250 bucks or better just search. You may need a dehumidifier too because you need to keep a cretin level of humidity.

Sulfur pots are also a good idea to have as well, which is how you kill the mold if there are ever any problems. They cost about $150.00 and the sulfur cost about $15-$20 bucks for about 6 months supply.

Once you get that down then you can add some CO² and really grow big buds.

Happy growing.

Bonez87x
09-23-2005, 04:12 PM
fogger = the one with the tube that goes down into the water and spins and shoots cool mist around? yeah I just bought one of those... its fun to plug in and put a bottle cap on the spinning part...

sorry about the mishap with the humidifier, Its what I have written in my comperhension book (bunch of notes from diff sites)

HARDDON
09-23-2005, 04:48 PM
How big is this growing space?

Since this is posted in the closet/cabinet section????

FOr small closets and cabinets, you need neither foggers, humidifiers, dehumidfiers or other stuff. Just isnt needed if your space is small.

turtle420
09-24-2005, 11:39 AM
HARDDON,

Thanks... my room will be aprox. 19" x 30" x 3'.... it will be a cabinet inside my closet. The airflow to this cabinet will be very good, as I will have two fans circulating air through the reflector, AND two fans moving air through the main grow room. This air wont be re-circulated, but fresh air from outside.

What do you think? Still do I need the humidfifier? Fogger? Dehumidifier?

Thanks guys! I know I'm going to grow some kick-ass buds... and when that happens, trust me, you people will know in this site! :)

HARDDON
09-24-2005, 02:10 PM
I think with a grow room that size any attempts to alter the humidty levels is a waste of time and effort.

Remember if you have a small space and you have really good circulation, its the OUTSIDE AIR COMING IN that you would have to alter....not the air INSIDE.

No I do not think you have to worry about it. If you would like to tinker and try to achieve perfection, I would buy a $35.00 humidifier at Walgreens and put it near my closet air intakes.

But for that small space, you will be fine I think :)

turtle420
09-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Harddon,

Thanks for the input dude... it's really helpfull.

Where I live, the relative humidity is a yearly average of 79%...

MAYBE I'll do the $35 Walgreens setup...

I was following your input on SeedKing's thread... I think I'll opt for the same strategy King took. I'll post pictures online and ask for the input from you guys... when the time comes. [ But I don't think I'll be naming any plants... sorry]

Tomorrow, I'll try and get some 'lava rocks' for my setup... I saw a bag @ HomeDepot for less than $5... That'll be fine. What I'm trying to find is the mesh-pots... they're pretty hard to come by... But I talked with a small orchid cart @ the mall today, and they had the mesh-pots. So I asked if they could sell me some, that I'd gladly pay for them. They told me they'll sell me 24 of them for $3... !!! :) The power of being peoply-friendly. I'll go pick them up on Monday... hopefully.

Nothing, I'll keep everyone updated.

Over and out,

Zandor
09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
fogger = the one with the tube that goes down into the water and spins and shoots cool mist around? yeah I just bought one of those... its fun to plug in and put a bottle cap on the spinning part...

sorry about the mishap with the humidifier, Its what I have written in my comperhension book (bunch of notes from diff sites)
No that is a toy I guess I am talking about real grow house equipment.

This is the one most people use first it sounds like a jet taking off is the problem but it does work great. http://www.the-ozone-store.com/products/otherproducts/tri-jet.html

This is one of the best on the market.
http://www.hydrofogger.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=35

They are not required unless you are very serious about growing good pot in large amounts. They are only a peace of the puzzle you still need more then just light and a fogger. You also need controllers, temperature control, CO² and plenty of quality light.

Bonez87x
10-03-2005, 04:40 AM
http://www.jaybird-mfg.com/

my local lawn and garden store recommends this for "orchids".

the one thing i have i mentioned is one for misting a room for a person with a breathing problem. it sounded like a toy because i kinda treat almost everything of mine that way...

Zandor
10-03-2005, 03:32 PM
http://www.jaybird-mfg.com/

my local lawn and garden store recommends this for "orchids".

the one thing i have i mentioned is one for misting a room for a person with a breathing problem. it sounded like a toy because i kinda treat almost everything of mine that way...
Those don't work as well as the ones I posted. I have tried those and they more more air then water and are only good for a few feet in front of them.

Bonez87x
10-12-2005, 04:28 AM
Cool.. then the fan and water issue is solved in one applience. lmao

Garden Knowm
10-12-2005, 04:33 AM
I am not even gonna read this thread.. and I will tell you NO... F- NO... I hate humidity.... I know I need to look inside myself and come to terms with this hate..

the only thing that should be wet and moist is........................................

NO to Humidity!!

and now you KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!