PDA

View Full Version : Would I be able to grow?

GARN
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
I have a night table that is 12" deep, 22.5" wide and 19" high. Would it be at all possible to grow in there?

Any input appreciated.

stickygreenlightsabr
09-19-2005, 09:43 PM
pot size of a flowering female + size of lights above plant - 19" = almost no space at all.

You can either try to find a taller enclosure or just grow a very runty plant with what you have.

GARN
09-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Well Upon further research, that particular enclosure will not do the trick. I do have a dresser that is 15" deep by 22" wide by 35" high? What options would that open up?

stickygreenlightsabr
09-20-2005, 05:28 AM
Do a search for "LST", "SOG" and "SCROG" here on the site.

You will keep the plant and yield small with these methods and your space but it is doable with CFLs and good ventilation.

I think those will be your best bet.

Max Blast
09-20-2005, 06:05 AM
I am currently growing in a space 24 inches high using CFL lighting and the SCROG technique.

I kept the light within 1 to 2 inches of the plant during veg cycle and this helped to hold down the vertical hieght of the plant. The screen helped to hold down the hieght during the flowering stage (I am on day 40 of what I expect to be about a 60 to 70 day period of 12/12).

It is possible to grow in such a tight space but next time I will be using a cabinet about 36 to 42 inches tall. Also I will use an HPS light for the flowering 12/12 cycle because the CFLs seem to take a very long time for flowering production.

SCROG or at least SOG is necessary for production in small places. Otherwise you will not get enough buds for the time and effort/expense involved. I currently have 16 bud sites above the screen and will get a decent yield but I expect very much better results in my next grow using the CFLs for veg and the HPS for flowering.

regards, hope this helps a little,
Max Blast

GARN
09-20-2005, 10:43 PM
thanks a lot for your replies :)