PDA

View Full Version : how do you legally grow in California

fivefingerlid
09-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Can anyone tell me how to become a legal grower in California? how can you become a caregiver grower? Can yo legally grow for a co-op and if so how do you get into one? Any info on growing according to the law would be appreciated? :D

seedbare
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
the feds cracked down on this months ago, busting all the big medicall growers.they face decades or life in prison.

fivefingerlid
09-18-2005, 04:31 PM
legal to grow medical pot? you can grow legally at all ? how can they put them in prison when the law said it was legal??? :mad:

seedbare
09-19-2005, 01:26 AM
welcome to california the police state. state law ok, voted in,but still against federal law fbi,dea busted them.

Fengzi
09-19-2005, 04:40 PM
It depends on where in California you live since each county has different laws. I would think your biggest obstacle is getting that caregiver grower status, not the Feds. Everyone would love to legally grow but I imagine it's pretty tought o actually get to that point. I would get in touch with WAMM ( http://www.wamm.org/ ) they'd probably be able to steer you in the right direction.

As far as the Feds are concerned, seedbare is right, the Feds don't care about California law and can bust growers if they want to. I think a lot depends on how much you intend to grow, however. If, for example, you have a sick family member or friend and just want to grow a few plants to provide for them you're probably ok. They could still legally bust you but why bother? If, on the other hand, you rent out a warehouse somewhere and are growing a few thousand plants that's a different story. From what I have read, the feds really aren't too concerned with California medical growers unless they are tied to organized crime. They recently busted a few medical cannabis clubs in San Francisco and everyone thought it was the beginning of the end. Apparently these clubs had clear ties to organized crime, however, and they were only a few clubs busted out of a hundred or more now in the city.

seedbare
09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
most grows are considerred organized crime, if there is structure ie: sales & distribution. youd be a fool to register such a business now. this all was a plan to get the major growers and they fell for it. the smart ones still growing unregisterred.

SittinStoney420
09-19-2005, 08:02 PM
so what your saying seedbare is in CA it would be smarter for him to grow without a medcard than with one? Even if he was only cultivating a few plants.

seedbare
09-20-2005, 04:41 PM
med cards give no authorization to grow. you'd be busted regardless.

SittinStoney420
09-20-2005, 10:07 PM
on the medicann paper it says "this paper authorized by a certified physician states that ______ can cultivate and use marijuana for personal medicinal use" keyword cultivate

SittinStoney420
09-20-2005, 10:08 PM
there is boundaries on how much you can cultivate and where bud a med card does make it legal

SittinStoney420
09-20-2005, 10:12 PM
however thats state law not federal law so im pretty sure you can still get fucked by the feds. But this is just from research on the internet, if someone from CA could verify or discard this info from personal experiance i could be dead wrong.

seedbare
09-21-2005, 12:01 AM
california at large will arrest for any amount of reefer, certain county cops let it slide, state patrol your fucked.most scrips for pot are fake's

mikeandjenherbals
09-22-2005, 02:52 AM
3lbs dried , 1 1000wt light in a 10x10 room or the same outdoors but then they use a canopy measurment, my attorney assures me i do not need a card, all i need is my drs written recomendation, the d.a. in each county chooses how he imposes the law, cops write tickets for less than an oz, if they do it to a patient he goes to court the judge makes the cops give weed back. from the horses mouth so to speak

Stoner Kitten
09-23-2005, 06:49 PM
That is so not true! Flash that fuckin card and your good to go :)

Tholiak
09-26-2005, 03:23 AM
they get busted bnecause 99% of the "prescriptions" are Fake or From Doctors who were paid off. Or becuse 99% of the people usually smoking the pot had no medical reason to be smoking the herb

SittinStoney420
09-29-2005, 02:18 AM
mikeanjen are from cali u think theyd know