PDA

View Full Version : closet ventilation problem!!

Buddah Baron
09-16-2005, 04:05 AM
I'm tryin to put together my first grow room. ive got decent closet space. its 5ft x 8ft x 2ft deep with sliding doors. But I need a lil help w/ an acceptable way to ventilate it. I can't damage walls, so couldn't run any kinda duct work. could fans be used to cirulate air, or must there be a way to some way for air to get in and out of the closet.

Also, I wanna partition the closet in a flowering room and a cloning/veg. room. Thinkin about 400w HPS for the flowering section and 150w HPS for the cloning/veg section

Any and all feedback is welcome. Like I said, i'm new at this and i'm tryin to learn all i can.

Thanks alot!

HARDDON
09-16-2005, 12:28 PM
YOu really want to consider using CFL for your Cloning/Veg section.

HOwever, you are going to have to address the fresh air in and fresh air out rules. Yes you need a fan, but you will need to rig the setup so there is a way for the hot air to be removed from your space.

Damaged walls can be repaired :)

Buddah Baron
09-16-2005, 09:34 PM
I think i've got a solution to the ventilation problem....with an exhaust fan in the ceiling, intake fan coming from outside the closet, and an osillating fan in the closet, should that do the trick?

Why CFL light versus HPS in the cloning/veg room?

Also, would a dehumidifier in the closet be an assistance or a nuisence?

haha, plenty of questions i guess. they all seem to come to mind when i'm smoking :D

69NovAss
09-17-2005, 05:06 AM
First off Baron, whats your relative humidity?
if its above 70% yeah you might want to think
about a dehumidifier in the last month of flowering
to decrease your chances of moldy buds.
Other than that alot of people, including myself, would
love a high RH level during the vegative state. I only get
around 25% year round.

I've had great results with HPS compared to florescents
for cloning/veg. I believe it's all how well your cooling system
is designed, operates and provides the CFM your closet requires.
If all those topics provide you in the green results, or optimal growing
conditions, you'll have a better success, and a faster growth rate with
an hps or mh. As well as providing a noticably higher number reguarding lumens .
Good Luck

P.S.
Your ventilatoin idea is great, and on the right track.

Rezinator
09-17-2005, 06:17 AM
Good thread.

For $17 I got one of these bad boys. There is actually a six inch model. This one is 4". Intakes on either end. First think I did was cellophaned off back end and yessiree she pulled even harder on the one end. Nice and efficient and I must say pretty quiet. Easy to fit up to 4" ductwork. Get the flex stuff at HD. Expands to 8'. Awsome. Larger model possibly indespensable to you big bulb boys at this price.

luckydan
09-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I have a closet very similar but i have one end divided of and a shelf at the top.I mannaged to stick 2 fans at one end of the shelf faceing out the door and ran the ducting into the other chamber by squashing it when i slide the door shut.i leave the end where the fans are open slightly so the air can blow strait out of the closet,the other is blowing in...