PDA

View Full Version : How close to clean am I?

vwkid
06-16-2004, 10:43 PM
So I was planning on making a career move and figured a drug test was iminent, thinking there was an easy way out I put in for 2 weeks notice at the old job, and they canned me on the spot, doh!

Up to that point I had smoked almost nightly, but light. A bowl would last me 2-3 nights. On the occasional day off I'd burn a whole one in one day but no more than that. The last day I burned was June 3rd, today is the 16th. At the earliest my test would be the 21st. I never plan on being habitual again but I need to apply for this job soon, I'm getting broke. I know for a fact the test is a urine sample but I don't know the allowable limit they go by.

Up until the point where I got canned I had planned on using a 'magic potion' to 'detox completely' then wait another week and apply. Upon reading a few forums like this one I realized what the real deal was, luckily I stopped smoking when I did.

So for the past 2 weeks I have been doing my best to work outside in the heat until I start to feel a little nauseous, 2-3 days a week. Today I rode 30 miles on a bmx bike! I also helped a friend redo the roof on his garage last saturday and sunday. I've been drinking on average 1.5 gallons of water on these days and not urinating much at all, no more than usual. I'm about 195 lbs but not really fat, a little chunky at the most, mid 20's male.

I plan on getting one or two of the self tests from walgreens, and using them first thing in the mornings. The big thing is I still don't know the allowable limit on the test, there's a chance I could find out from a friend who started at the place last month.

So how close do you think I am to passing? I have heard all the tips, don't test on your first pee of the day, let a small stream go before peeing in the cup, etc which I'm definitely doing. Do you think dilution is necessary? Would I be an idiot for not doing it anyway?

IamN2pot
06-17-2004, 12:27 AM
THere are 3 basic non-DOT cutoff levels used for THC. 100ng/ml, 50ng/ml(the most common), and 20ng/ml. As this will be a pre-employment test, I urge you to concider substituting a clean sample. Substituting is easy and 100% effective. Free clean urine can be from ANY clean doner. Age or sex of the doner does not matter. Human urine should be used within 8 hours at room/body temp, but can be stored frozen for up to 1 year. To thaw and warm, use warm water. If a source of free pee isn't available, there are dozens of urine vendors on the web, both human and synthetic. Synthetic urine is easier to store and works just as well as human.
I hate guessing on the 'how close am I' question. Get a home test and test yourself. You may already be nearing the 50ng/ml cutoff level. But if you are seriously concerned about the test using the 20ng/ml cutoff, again, substitution is your best bet. Read both the substitution and dilution guidelines linked to in my signature under this post and then decide what is best. Post any more questions and hope that helps. N2

HvyFuel
06-17-2004, 12:36 AM
IamN2pot, knows about US piss tests. Listen to him.

peace :)

vwkid
06-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Well I'll be picking up a couple self tests today, and using one first thing tomorrow morning. I'll try to limit my liquid consumption today and tonight to get a 'worst case' test tomorrow morning. The walgreens tests are 50ng/ml, correct? If I pass the self test as described above, and I do find out for fact the test I'll be taking is the 50ng/ml one, a small amount of dilution should do me fine, so long as I follow the tips I've been reading?

If I don't pass the self test, or if I can't figure out the cutoff for the real test I'll be taking, I'll most likely sub. I really don't want to wait any longer to start getting paid again.

I have read alot of information on subbing and it really does sound simple, I was just hoping it wouldn't come to that. I mean if I planned on subbing I could be baked right now ;)

Valrasha
06-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Don't they watch you as you take the test, how could you sub if there right there watching?

IamN2pot
06-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Valrasha, observed test are only used for court ordered test or for a DOT test 'with cause', ie they caught you substituting some how or tampering with a previous test. For pre-employment test, I only know of 1 time in litterly thousands of post I've read, that a employment test was observed. That was a poor soul that had a test for a pizza hut delivery job done at a rehab center, TASC. N2

vwkid
06-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Ok, no fluids or food after 8pm, tested at 10:30am (stinky orangish yellow). The line that is supposed to appear for negative results is very faint, barely visible.

So I'm going to pick up my last paycheck from the old place, and may pick up another test and see if there is any difference later today. If I can't find out the specific cutoff for the real test, I'll be going with plan B.

vwkid
06-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Well I think I'm in the clear. Still no word from the potential employer so I'm betting the earliest test date would be the 28th now. I have another self test that I'll do the morning of the real test to see if I'm going to take it myself or not. Also have a clean donor lined up and the sub procedure down to a science.

jolly green giant
07-07-2004, 09:39 PM
i had a piss test on monday 5th and the lady just stood outside the door and let me get on with it. when i opened the door it was like she had had an ear to the door. ive not had results yet, probably on monday 13th, but i start the job on the 9th. what a bummer if i only work for 1or 2 days and get sacked. its a good job too.. heres hopin. i took zydot by the way and i'll let you all know how i got on by next tuesday or wednesday.

vwkid
07-12-2004, 09:58 PM
I took my test today actually. Hopefully I passed because I think I'll fit in great at this place, they are a bunch of slackers just like me. It has been 39 days for me, and I passed the walgreens test at 14 days.

I drank a large gatorade this morning plus ate a nice healthy dinner last night and breakfast this morning, and tested on my 3rd pee of the day. I was well prepared to sub except I couldn't find anyone to donate. I had just about given up hope on the job actually contacting me, and it kinda caught me by surprise.

I'll know for sure in 24-48 hours