PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of breakage???

misty116
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I have heard a few stories here and there about the buds on a branch that has been broken [not completely, obviously] becoming larger than usual,. and also, in my own experiance, one of my plants grew alot fast after the stem was bent near the bottom at the seedling stage, this seemed to heal into a slightly thicker stem. And also, my other plant appeared stunted [probably made the growth increase of my other plant look bigger than it was, but still...] and when i looked, there was what looked like a "pinch" in the stem, below which the stem was unusually thick, i dont know what caused the pinching, but i propped the plant up and had a new set of leaves practically overnight.

Anyone have any thoughts on these occurences? Any ideas or techniques that take advantage of these things?? Anyone ever hear of anything similar??

maybe we could see some pics, make it interesting? :)

linked is a[very poor] photo of the wierd pinch in the stem i mention above.

http://boards.cannabis.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28185

Joel
09-15-2005, 11:14 PM
If your cola has been snapped, I would suggest tieing it some place so that it sits up right, and yes your stock would get bigger if you tied your plant down in early veg because the stock is getting more light and less blockage from the branchs. I dont think that snapping your MJ cola's to 'enhance' bud in anyway is good, I think that who ever told ya that is full of shit. But hey, I could be wrong.