PDA

View Full Version : just enjoy life...

NightProwler
09-15-2005, 01:54 AM
i think everybody should stop worrying about what's gonna happen when you die, and if theres any meaning to life, and if theres people watching over us. just enjoy the life you have and if there is some supernatural shit going on (which i doubt) then you'll figure it out once your dead. and if there is nothing supernatural about life, then you wont have wasted it trying to figure out something that didn't exist.

beachguy in thongs
09-15-2005, 02:01 AM
I guess there is something supernatural about this life, because you wasted it trying to figure it out. If someone researched every aspect of the supernatural, they'd come out with a lot of stuff, so I believe in it, or at least enjoy seeing articles on it.

mrdevious
09-15-2005, 02:19 AM
i think everybody should stop worrying about what's gonna happen when you die, and if theres any meaning to life, and if theres people watching over us. just enjoy the life you have and if there is some supernatural shit going on (which i doubt) then you'll figure it out once your dead. and if there is nothing supernatural about life, then you wont have wasted it trying to figure out something that didn't exist.

I totally agree man. unfortunately, many people won't follow this philosophy because they're afraid if they do they'll burn in hell for all eternity :rolleyes: . if you ask me, a god who condemns people to hell for such petty shit (IE jacking off, not having the right religion) is worse than hitler, stalin, and every dictator combined. if that's our god, it's time we vote in a new guy.

ermitonto
09-15-2005, 03:00 AM
I agree. We only have a few decades on this planet and there's no sense wasting your time speculating about what might happen after you die. Somebody said (I don't remember who) that the very fact that we cannot know what happens after death is a sign that we are not meant to know. I strongly suspect that there really is nothing to experience after death, like how I didn't experience any of the billions of years before my birth.

But some people insist otherwise. Their claim is that, since I don't know for a fact that you don't experience anything after death, I should believe in Christianity since after all, what if I'm wrong and I go to Hell because of it? By that logic, however, you should pick whatever religion has the worst punishment after death. The Christian eternal torture is pretty bad, but we also find this in Greek mythology (remember Tantalus?) so that argument is as supportive of Greek mythology as Christianity. But regardless, I do not form my beliefs based on fear of the worst possible outcome; I base it on what I know, what I do not know, and what I consider to be the most likely representation of the truth. And in the absence of messages directly from God (not out of some ancient book of myths) telling me I have to change my ways so I don't burn forever, I'm not going to make the ridiculous assumption that I will suffer eternal punishment for exercising my free will.

But in the meantime, what I know is that I'm alive and I can seize upon the opportunities that presents me to achieve fulfillment and happiness. Which is why I'm going to smoke this bowl right now.

jacquelyne
09-15-2005, 05:18 AM
Just be as good as you can in this life with good intentions.Heaven, hell,reincarnation or being eaten by maggots i dont mind.I just hope that when i die i have no regrets.I believe in my own thing i am not afraid to die or what happens after if anything.And i just hope i can see my children grow into adults and good people thats all.