PDA

View Full Version : butterfly_UK

butterfly
06-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Please help....

I have to undergo a pre-employment medical, which includes drug screening

I have already handed in my notice at my current employment and now find myself in this terrible predicament

I know they are going to take a blood testâ?¦so any factual tips and advice would be very helpful

I last smoked weed/cannabis on the 6 June 2004 and the drugs test is on the 8th July 2004
oh i forget to say i have smoked weed/cannabis for years - at least 2 spliffs everyday

What are my chances of passing?

I have started cycling for cardio exercises what else can I do to burn fat cell in order to remove THC from my bloodstream

Only bonefied suggestions please

Butterfly

IamN2pot
06-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Blood test are rarely used for drug screens, particularly in employment situations. But to answer your question, THC is detectable in blood, most reports say, for 12-72 hours. Hope that helps, and please post your experiance. N2

HvyFuel
06-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Check your figures IamN2pot, it's in your blood for up to a month.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_info20.shtml

peace :)

IamN2pot
06-16-2004, 09:18 PM
I stand by my statement! I will believe my good friends at NORML before some bongmaker on Erowid.

"BLOOD TESTS: In some situations, including accidents and roadside sobriety checks, blood tests may be used. Blood tests are a much better gauge of current impairment than urine tests because they detect the actual presence of THC in the system; however, they can be sensitive to other metabolites as well. Blood tests generally register positive for just a few hours after smoking, though heavy chronic smokers may be positive for a couple of days. Less sensitive are saliva tests, which register positive for about 2-4 hours after smoking. If you have used marijuana in the last few days but are not currently under the influence, you should insist on a blood (or saliva) test instead of a urine test if at all possible, since you are more likely to turn up clean. On the other hand, if you have smoked recently, you may do better to take a urine test, since this will at least leave open the question as to whether you were under the influence. Also, urine doesn't turn positive until several minutes after smoking. http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4934#blood

N2

HvyFuel
06-16-2004, 10:01 PM
1. butterfly is undergoing a screening test, not an impairment test, which is what the article you're quoting from is demonstrating.

2. Using the part of your quote you should have noticed. "however, they can be sensitive to other metabolites as well." A drug screening test isn't just looking for THC as an impairment test does. There are at least three separate cannabinoids that will stay in arterial fat deposits for up to 30 days.

3. If they are your good friends you should know the difference.

IamN2pot
06-17-2004, 12:11 AM
As previously stated, I stand by my statement, and while I do not believe any more proof is nessasary, I will sumit more evidance fo the sake of Butterfly.

"Blood Test - Often people will be given a blood test and a urinalysis. These are for two totally different types of tests being performed. Blood is normally drawn for detection of diseases such as AIDS. Drug toxins can only be detected for 48 hours in the blood after consumption. For this reason the urine is tested for toxins instead of the blood."
http://www.urineluck.com/library.php?PHPSESSID=840bec79e175e34142b584084e28 83d3

I know what I know, Butterfly. you are the one that must decide what is true.

Hvyfuel, I won't argue the fact any longer with you.
N2

HvyFuel
06-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Neither will I m8, you're wrong. And you obviously wouldn't know a fact if it buttfucked you.

Cannabinoids aren't toxins! They are naturally occuring biproducts that your body has designed receptors for. You're reading posts that explain US laws that don't apply here.

And once again quoting from your link "The drug is stored in the fat cells indefinitely untill the body burns the fat cells for energy. When the cell is burned, the drug is metabolized and released back into the blood stream. This is why marijuana can be detected for 30 days after a substantial usage."

Don't just quote the bits you like, read the page.

IamN2pot
06-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Butterfly, in one final attempt to show you the truth, I will quote from Erowid myself.
"Blood Testing
Cannabis is detectable in the blood for approximately 2-3 days after use in an infrequent user. Frequent use can be detected in the blood for approximately 2 weeks." http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_testing.shtml

Please note that the 2 week time frame is as extreem and rare as the 12 week time frame use in the urine testing section of the same page.

Hope that helps you. N2

IamN2pot
06-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Hvyfuel, you are correct. I do not know UK law. I only know that 'active' THC, which is the only type of THC tested for in blood test in the US, is only detectable for a much shorter time than 30 days. There is plenty of room in this field to allow differing opinions and disagreement without resorting to profanity and disgusting sexual acts. N2

HvyFuel
06-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Sorry, "Sun Tzu .. extreme sources" etc... But it got your attention.

If we can debate rationally about this. I appreciate that you know US law and the rules that guide urine tests. If anyone asks about US tests I'll certainly point them your way. I know human biology and wish to advise also given that butterfly isn't undergoing a urine test in the US.

You quote excellent sources of information and prove your good intentions in doing so but I would ask that you check local law when giving guidance. We're all here to help, I hope.

IamN2pot
06-17-2004, 02:15 AM
Perhaps you can post me some info concerning UK blood drug test. Particularly info concerning if UK blood test are detecting 'active THC and cannibiloids' or 'inactive metabolites' such as THCA or THC-COOH. N2

HvyFuel
06-17-2004, 02:25 AM
I get my info from the same store you do. Google. 'google.co.uk' but we're preaching from the same book. btw cannabinoids not cannabiloids, maybe check the spelling on your future searches. 3.15 am probably a time I should be asleep by, night night.

HvyFuel
06-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Reading back through that in the cold light of day it looks like I got a little over heated. I apologise for making the argument personal but I didn't want butterfly walking into a test thinking she was clean.

N2 your knowledge of deceiving urine tests is far greater than mine, it is something I'll never have to do. It is rather difficult to deceive a doctor who's sticking a needle in your arm though.

Butterfly, the good news in all of this is if you haven't used cannabis from June 6th to July 8th you will be clear. Good luck with the new job.

IamN2pot
06-17-2004, 02:44 PM
"Butterfly, the good news in all of this is if you haven't used cannabis from June 6th to July 8th you will be clear. Good luck with the new job."

Agree'd! N2

butterfly
06-17-2004, 11:33 PM
HvyFuel and IamN2pot thanks for all your advice - much appreciated...

Being a heavy smoker (for years) I am going to postpone the blood test for another couple of weeks if I can without seeming suspicious.