PDA

View Full Version : How should i clean it?

qwerty
06-16-2004, 05:29 AM
i have this little metal piece i use alot, there is alot of resin left around the bowl, so i wanted to try and clean it out tonight. My friend says dont do it to the pipe it has a bad alchol taste to it (thats what i was planning to use), my other friend said not to do it and just scratch it off, what do u guys think?

rnf232s
06-16-2004, 06:33 PM
that is a tough one. i would say since it is metal you should probably not use any chemicals to clean it then. if it were glass i would say you could with any number of chemicals but not with metal cause might cause some sort of reaction that might make toxic products that you might not want to smoke or might mess up your pipe. i would say just scrape the resin out of the pipe is your best bet. good luck.

DrGonzo
06-16-2004, 08:00 PM
how much can you dissassemble it?

how much time/effort do you want to put into it?

where are you going to do it?

If its hard to take apart, drop it into a small tub of rubbing alcohol for an hour or so...but it might smell bad.

If you want to put the time and effort into it, you can use a scraper (knife, paperclip, use your imagination) and a heat source (candle, a lighter will get too hot) to get most of the resin out. Get as much as you can scrape, then heat it for a few seconds. Try using a pair of pliers to hold it in the flame...make sure to wipe off the carbon (black shit from fire).

dumplingdu
06-19-2004, 01:20 AM
i have this little metal piece i use alot, there is alot of resin left around the bowl, so i wanted to try and clean it out tonight. My friend says dont do it to the pipe it has a bad alchol taste to it (thats what i was planning to use), my other friend said not to do it and just scratch it off, what do u guys think?

use a bent paper clip and a lighter. light up the bowl and then scrape the resin out

duppy man
06-19-2004, 11:22 PM
WD40 used it loads off times rince with hot soapy water no after taste been smoking pipes for over 30 years