PDA

View Full Version : whats the point in trying?

giuseppe123
09-09-2005, 02:54 PM
why does it seem this site is filled with 16 y/o kids? i recently joined this site and really enjoy it. being a newbie, i have started to post here and there about issues i find interesting. an example is my post about space cases. a quite harmless post. yet i see in the replies some bs about the cops, and some nonsense about me trying to get my post count up. kind disappointed that we are all supposed to share a common bond here yet some ppl feel the need to post pointless, negative drivel in regards to others posts. it makes it worse when you check the persons profile and see they are only 17. i am assuming this site is for netwoking, education, activism and connecting with other like minded ppl. what is a newbie to this site supposed to do? not post? not want to share my thoughts? hopefully, the class ppl here outweigh the moronic, ignorant kiddies. in my humble opinion, i think this place is awesome for many other reasons than just thinking its cool to smoke bud and post negative comments. anyway, ill get off my soapbox now. i hope to start meeting and chatting with the good ppl that i know are here somewhere! have a great weekend my fellow nug lovers!

likemclever
09-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Lolâ?¦..yeah itâ??s kind of like being in a tornado out thereâ?¦..you canâ??t decide if your having fun or if you just want to get out.

Youâ??ll see that if youâ??re posting about something serious or just want to stay away from that nonsense than post it in here.

Most of the people in the café are adults�..and the ones that arnt at least act like one.

I usually go out there and spin around for a whileâ?¦.and come back here when I want to land.

Thereâ??s not a lot of traffic in hereâ?¦but if your patient you should be just fine.

Welcome to the boards.

Ousted
09-10-2005, 06:38 AM
why does it seem this site is filled with 16 y/o kids? i recently joined this site and really enjoy it. being a newbie, i have started to post here and there about issues i find interesting. an example is my post about space cases. a quite harmless post. yet i see in the replies some bs about the cops, and some nonsense about me trying to get my post count up. kind disappointed that we are all supposed to share a common bond here yet some ppl feel the need to post pointless, negative drivel in regards to others posts. it makes it worse when you check the persons profile and see they are only 17. i am assuming this site is for netwoking, education, activism and connecting with other like minded ppl. what is a newbie to this site supposed to do? not post? not want to share my thoughts? hopefully, the class ppl here outweigh the moronic, ignorant kiddies. in my humble opinion, i think this place is awesome for many other reasons than just thinking its cool to smoke bud and post negative comments. anyway, ill get off my soapbox now. i hope to start meeting and chatting with the good ppl that i know are here somewhere! have a great weekend my fellow nug lovers!

I know exactly..how..you...feel.

Post here. Post reviews on movies, interesting articles, thoughts, ideas, post links to fun or interesting websites, whatever you find interesting Im sure we will as well. Just make threads and posts and this will be an area of the board like-minded people will flock to. :)

DonnieDarko
09-10-2005, 12:55 PM
The Cafe is the first place that I read every day. Good people and interesting topics. In the general population forums, there is alot of silliness and immaturity. But this is a FREE STONER site, so I expect some of that. Actually, when I need a lift, I smoke a little, and those kids posts can be funny. Since I'm old (48 in human years), I enjoy the opinions from most of the younger crowd.

The way I look at it is, if I meet/talk to a just a few interesting people, It's all good.

Of course, there I have no tolerance for hate speech or people blowing up serious threads. In this case, I'll blast them or report them to the mods.

G-123, you are welcome here. When you post here, you'll be telling the group about yourself and your interests, and others with common interests will jump in.