PDA

View Full Version : when do i prune for max yield

roppa69
06-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Im onto my 3rd crop and i'm not sure about pruning my plants i.e where to cut , what to cut, when to cut it.
1st crop 5 white widow & 5 purple haze yield about 2/3oz per plant.
2nd crop 7 super skunk & 6 skunk special yield || 1/2oz || ||
3rd crop 9 power plant & 4 blueberry clones.

3rd crop has been on 24hr using 400w hps & a fan just to keep the air moving in my loft been growing for 27 days, look nice & healthy.

2 days ago I put them onto a 20/4 cycle & they stand 12" to 18" from soil level with lots of uniform branch & leaf growth and I'm just starting to see the first of the little female hairs showing, the Power Plant are from feminized seeds and the Blueberry are cuttings I got from one of my mates' plants.

I dont have any pics with me but Ill post some up on tuesday 15th june 2004.
'til then
cheers
roppa69

HvyFuel
06-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Same post you put in the lounge and you've still not answered the question.

You've had your lights on 24/24 for 4 weeks, what are they on now?

peace :)

roppa69
06-16-2004, 01:20 PM
I went onto a 12/12 cycle 2 days ago ,

according to the books Power plant is a 63 day flowerer
does this mean that all of the flowers should be at max potency after 63 days?
also heard that the best time to prune is three weeks into flowering. Is this correct or just old wives bullshat? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: 63 days later ;) i hope

HvyFuel
06-16-2004, 01:44 PM
The way you posted the original it sounded like you were on 20/4. Take the 63 days as a rough guide, it's a living thing, some are slower than others. The most reliable way to judge when to harvest is by eye. In plain terms, keep a eye on the number of white hairs on the bud that have turned red. Once you have two thirds to three quarters red hairs it's time to harvest.

If by pruning you mean the fan leaves there are two schools of thought on that. Many growers say taking the fan leaves off concentrates the plant's growth into the bud. Others say the fan leaves are the plant's main energy producers and you should never take them off. I've grown both ways and found that, in my case, I had more bud when I left the fan leaves on. It's your choice but I don't do it anymore.

peace :)