PDA

View Full Version : Question about grow space -

qy8lfyer
09-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi,
I have aprox 24 wide x 24 high x 18 deep space. In all my searching I see that most people have seperate compartments to veg and flower. All I want to do is grow like 2 small plants. I have read people are succesfull in smaller places.
I already have a 150 watt hps, do I need to install floresent tubes as well or can I be successfull with just the 150 from seedling to budage?
Thanks

HARDDON
09-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Unfortuantley your 24" in height is your downfall and the reason you cant do this unless you are extremey skilled is LST.

I too have 24" wide X 18" deep.

I have more height so that is the only difference.....but its a DIFFERENCE that will prohibit your plans from success.

you cannot grow two plants that will veg then flower...just not enuff height.

Here is what i can do with the space but not if i only had 2 feet of height to work with.

qy8lfyer
09-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Hi Hard On,
Thats pretty amazing. So can you tell me what you think the min hieght could be?
Also, what lights are you using for those plants. Can I grow with just one 150 hps light or do I need a seperate cabinet for veging with floresents?

HARDDON
09-06-2005, 11:52 AM
These are part of the reson I am growing a SOG...becasue I dont have room for much else.

I vegged the plants in the pic above for 21 days.

If they double in height, like mature plants would in flower, they will wind up being about 1.5 feet tall buds.

If they triple in height like some mature plants would in flower, they would be 2 feet tall.

You need to have room for containers for your plant and at least one foot of space for lighting.

Your plans to veg with 150HPS will result in longer plants as the light isnt strong enuff to keep them short and bushy...rather they will grow taller and thinner.

I prefer floros for vegging as they are kept super short. But these are indeed some fine floros I use. If its cheap floros or HPS i would go HPS.

So my plants wont be more than 2 feet when done. But I am just doing a SOG, looking for one main bud from each plant. If I can get that I will be happy :)

Hope this helps.

qy8lfyer
09-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi,
What are fine floros? what are the best type of floros.