PDA

View Full Version : ???how about a self watering systm???

YELRAM
09-04-2005, 10:16 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to make a sort of self watering "drip systm" that waters your plant vary slowly? If this was possible then you would barley have to go to your site, which of course means that your chances of anyone seeing you or your baby. this may sound like a crapy idea but i was wondering what everyones thoughts were on this???? peace :rolleyes:

JohnnyCutCorners
09-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Outdoors that is a completly illogical idea. Indoors you wouldnt need an automatic drip system UNLESS you are never home.

the happy chappie
09-05-2005, 07:51 AM
hi yelram
yeah drip watering and feeding is quite easy mate, just use a large water container, suspend it high enough above the plant, use a i.v. drip the same that you get in a hospital for drugs to be put into your veins, and just adjust the flow via the control valve, you can ajust the flow rate down to a tiny amount an hour, or as much as you need, just make sure that the end of the pipe line is buried deep amongst the roots or it will evaperate before it gets chance to do its job, its best to dig a good deep hole before you plant like this so the roots get a chance to go deep before the water runs out, once the roots have established and are deep enough they will find any moisture that is present in the earth, cannabis roots in the right conditions can grow as deep as the plant is tall, you can buy water retaining crystals, these are mixed up around in the earth, when these get wet they will expand greatly and hold water, i dont use these in my potted stuff as they will also hold nutes that i feed , and it can make it easy to over feed, but they give young plants a great start if your growing wild,
best of luck ........... peace ............. happy ...................

YELRAM
09-05-2005, 03:50 PM
k thanks alot man

Mellow Man
09-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Ya dude! I was thinking about making my own drip system without pumps,put a bunch of net pots in the lid of a decent size resoir,then take another resoir same size as the one with the plants in the lid,put it high above the plants allow gravity to take care of the rest! set up the drip so the top resoir will take atleast 14 to 16 hours to drain completely,when top resoir empy's completely or close to it,then switch resoirs bottom on top,and top go to the bottom and the cycle continue's have to put a bit more thought into it,but it's plausible...

YELRAM
09-05-2005, 04:12 PM
k awsome man
but do you know what i mean? like i wanna make one that drips reeeeaaalllyyyy slow so that i wil only have to go to my site like only ones every week. i am only thinking of this because my plants got stolen about a week ago because i was at the site and someone saw me. but hey, i could always just find an wasome site eh? peace out :o

latewood
09-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Ya dude! I was thinking about making my own drip system without pumps,put a bunch of net pots in the lid of a decent size resoir,then take another resoir same size as the one with the plants in the lid,put it high above the plants allow gravity to take care of the rest! set up the drip so the top resoir will take atleast 14 to 16 hours to drain completely,when top resoir empy's completely or close to it,then switch resoirs bottom on top,and top go to the bottom and the cycle continue's have to put a bit more thought into it,but it's plausible...thought of that MM, but you won't have a back left after lifting that res twice a day...
good idea w/out the lifting... :)

latewood
09-05-2005, 10:30 PM
k awsome man
but do you know what i mean? like i wanna make one that drips reeeeaaalllyyyy slow so that i wil only have to go to my site like only ones every week. i am only thinking of this because my plants got stolen about a week ago because i was at the site and someone saw me. but hey, i could always just find an wasome site eh? peace out :obro, you wouldn't be able to go for a week...
get a small solar panel and a submersible pump and...just kidding :D

YELRAM
09-05-2005, 10:32 PM
MM? res?dont understand the short forms man lol

YELRAM
09-05-2005, 10:35 PM
so anyways hows everyone elses thoughts on this???? anyone..... peace out

dudeman23
09-07-2005, 06:54 PM
hey man let me tell you how we used to do it back in the day. we'd get a cybermatic germinator then we would switch the converter cables so that the were on two drips per hour one millidrop an hour then we would take a little piece of salamander nest and put the finshing touches on it! hope that helps man!!!! later dude peace love and earth!

YELRAM
09-07-2005, 07:18 PM
ok thanks man but were or how would u get one of those? lol

peace~