PDA

View Full Version : 1st Grow Log

VermilionBird
09-03-2005, 09:31 PM
I germinated two california orange seeds monday for my first indoor/cabinet grow. They are now in dirt and about 1in tall. I'm useing 50% dirt from outside and 50% of that soil that worms are in for fishing. I have a flood light I found in my garage, it has 1500 lunums and its 100 watts. I well be getting a 250 watt hps system in a month or two. I don't have a cabinet yet, but for now I have 1ft-1ft-5ft locker. Sorry that I have no camrea, need advice and I got some questions.

1.Need advice on how to build a cabinet.
2.The flood light i'm useing is putting off alot of heat, so I got it about 3ft away from plants, well that hurt my plants.

HARDDON
09-05-2005, 05:51 AM
You are fighting a losing battle here...one you will not win.

Cut your losses. That light wont grow a joints worth of weed and the heat it puts out will definately get it.

Go get some florescents...a lot of them.

VermilionBird
09-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Ok, you were right, I losed one of my plants, I got rid of that flood light, and now I have my plant under two 48in floros, about 1in away from the light. Is this good, and thanx for the info it could of been worse.

stickygreenlightsabr
09-06-2005, 12:41 PM
1" from fluoros is good but make sure there's a fan blowing on them.

VermilionBird
09-06-2005, 08:50 PM
I got air flow with fan. Thanx for reply. :)

VermilionBird
09-15-2005, 07:16 PM
My plant is starting to form first set of three point leafs.and looking heathy. I wish I could get you guys, and gals some pics but don't got a camra and I don't have anyway to get one. Sorry :(