PDA

View Full Version : ANWR

papaw
09-03-2005, 05:56 PM
With the current oil situation, it appears as if ANWR is going to be opened up to drilling. I definitely can understand the opinions of those who support this idea, but being the dirty smelly tree-hugger that I am, I really hate to see this happen. I'm sure a lot of you guys know info from both sides of the debate (and I'm too lazy to post a link or give any details) but it really bothers me that we are going to tread on one of the last untouched areas on this planet. I know it may not be all that harmful to the environment, but it really makes me feel better knowing that there is a pristine wilderness that we humans haven't tainted by our presence yet, even if I will never lay eyes on it myself. If it were up to me, we would build a wall around the entire reserve, never let any humans in, and let it serve as a monument to nature. I thought we might get some good comments on this subject from the paying members here.

Ousted
09-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Now would be the time to move to Alaska and collect big $$ from the dividend.

papaw
09-03-2005, 06:43 PM
You're right about that. I guess that's a big reason why a large majority of the Alaskan population supports drilling.