PDA

View Full Version : 33 Questions that will make you an atheist

Euphoric
09-03-2005, 02:17 AM
the following is actually from an ebook i downloaded.
the ebook has 100 questions :D

1. Why would God entrust the spreading of 'His' word to one of his 'fallible' children? He knows men are sinners and are untruI doubt a professor would allow one of his students to teach a class if all the other students' futures were at stake. If God loved us so much and he wants us to be with him, why would he put our eternal souls at risk like that?

2. If Satan is the ultimate trickster, how do we know that Satan hasn't tricked Christians into worshipping him as God (Yahweh) and are actually rebuking the "real" God in his own name? - Inspired by Cice Mool

3. If god cast the devil into hell and hell is a place for eternal punishment from which even god cannot grant a pardon, then why do the preachers tell us the devil is walking up and down the hallways of high schools tempting teenagers to do drugs and have pre-marital sex? A warden who allows his prisoners the freedom to go out and kill and rape would be terminated for incompetence. - [email protected]

4. I have often heard from many believers that even Satan has a presence in the church, which is why even in church people can still have impure thoughts. If Satan can find his way in the church, how do Christians know that Satan didn't find his way into the Bible and twist the whole book? - The Infidel Guy

5. If the Universe is everywhere by definition, why do theists ask where it came from? How can there be anywhere for the universe to come from if the Universe is already everywhere by definition? - Chris and The Infidel Guy

6. Does God think? If so, he cannot be all-knowing. Think about it. - The Infidel Guy

7. If a soul is non-physical and the human body is physical, how does a soul stay in our bodies?

8. If God is all-knowing, how could he be disappointed in His creation? -- [email protected]

9. If God is unchangeable (immutable), how is there evidence of a god when everything else around us is changing? - The Infidel Guy

10. Why did God flood the earth to remove evil? It didn't work! Evil came right back, God should have known that would happen! So why did He bother? - PhineasBg

11. Why is it that theists tell me that I have to examine every part of the universe and not find God anywhere in order to say that there is no god, when in fact all I need to do is not find God in one location since he is supposed to be omnipresent? - Chris

12. If the garden of Eden was a perfect paradise as xians claim, then why did Eve even want to eat the apple? Wouldn't a perfect place provide everything a person would want or desire and thus she would want nothing? - keyser soze

13. Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death" Does this mean animals sin as well? Or uni-cellular organisms? Do plants sin? Because they all die as well, not just humans. Why does an animal die, if it doesn't know the moral difference between right and wrong? - Nef

14. Why would an all-powerful god become flesh in order to sacrifice himself to himself so that his creation might escape the wrath of himself. Couldn't god, in his infinite wisdom, come up with something a little more efficient? - [email protected]

15. If we are the children of god, and yet we have never seen him, does that make us the bastards of god? Not to mention my mom didn't marry God- [email protected]

16. After 9/11 a lot of people have been tossing around "god bless america". Why do they keep saying this? From the looks of it god hasn't blessed anything. If god had blessed america, the 9/11 event would've never happened. Theists seem to give the answer of "everything is part of gods big plan". If everything is part of gods big plan, why are we after Bin Laden? Wasn't he and other terrorists just carrying out gods desired plan? So it seems that Bin Laden/ terrorism isnt our enemy , but god. - [email protected]

17. Christians say that God is NOT the author of confusion. Can you say, Tower of Babel? - The Screaming Monkeys

18. Christians will tell you that if a baby dies it goes to heaven. Why then are they so against abortion? All the child is being deprived of is the opportunity to go to hell. Either that or god expects unborn fetuses to accept Jesus. - [email protected]

19. Why does God have emotions (jealousy, anger, sadness, love, etc.) if he is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent? Emotions are reactionary, how can God react to us if he is all-knowing and has a divine plan?

20. If Jesus Christ is allegedly the omnipotent god made flesh.....how is it that he did not inherit Original Sin? Remember, he is allegedly Man and god in union, and if truly man, as well as god, he must have inherited Original Sin. ???- His Lordship, Lucifer

21. If God is the father of Jesus, what is Jesus' DNA like? Does God have sperm? If he doesn't, where did Mary get the DNA from that was needed to make Jesus? This would make Mary asexual and Jesus would then be a girl. No Y chromosome. - [email protected] and [email protected]

22. I never got the remote controlled car I prayed for as a child, but if I want to go to hell, will God grant my wish?.... Gee, thanks God! - [email protected]

23. In the "Last Days" Jesus is supposed to appear in the clouds. How are the Christians on the opposite end of the world going to see him? Are there going to be millions of Jesus'? What about people that work underground? - [email protected]

24. A true Muslim man is not supposed to do anything that the prophet Muhammad didn't do. If one remembers there was a big debate over whether or not Muslims should eat Mangoes. If this is true why in the Hell were these Islamic Fundamentalists flying airplanes?

25. If the earth was covered by a complete global flood, every living creature killed except those surviving on the ark, why are there many completely unique animal species in Australia that are found no where else indigenously on the earth? - [email protected]

26. If god is omniscient and "god is love," why would he allow a child to be conceived, knowing that that child would one day reject him and spend eternity burning in a lake of fire? If I were god, I wouldn't allow it; I have more love for humanity than he does. -- TiredTurkeyProd

27. How can Heaven be utter bliss when you know that people you love and care about are burning in Hell? -- The Infidel Guy - ANSWER: - When we get to Heaven there will be no pain. God erases our memories of our loved ones that may be in Hell because he doesn't want to experience pain.

28. Revelations takes place on Earth. What if we colonize the moon or Mars or inhabit a self-sustaining space station? Do we escape "judgement"? -- Ray Sommers ANSWER: God will get them too. - Jim

29. Many people believe in ghosts. My question is, "Why is it that people see only ghosts of people or pets? Why not Neanderthals or better yet dinosaurs? That would be one hell of a ghost to see a Brontosaurus parading downtown.

30. If god did open the sea so that Moses and the jews could run away from Egypt, why didn't he open the concentration camps gates? -- Guilherme Hoffmann

31. Why are we granted free will if our duty in this life to our god is to do as we are told? We are to follow rules upon threat of punishment. Is that free will? -- Gandalfs Nephew

32. Isaiah 40:28 says, "...the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is he weary?" If this is true, why did God rest on the seventh day?

33. Everytime I go to a funeral the preacher and guests always say that "God" has called that person to Heaven or they say, "God said it was time to come home", or some such variation. If God is calling these people "home", why are we putting the murderers of these victims in prison? How can we punish a man or woman for doing God's will?

BabySmokesAlot420
09-03-2005, 07:06 AM
i like that last one

sToNeDpEnGuIn420
09-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Crazy shit, i dont belive in god tho.

mrdevious
09-03-2005, 07:39 PM
the one about shooting doctors in the head was great lol .

tokosan
09-03-2005, 08:02 PM
i am a scientologist.

nah jk thats ghey

kid rediculous
09-03-2005, 11:17 PM
althogh i dont believe in organized religion i do believe in some sort of higher power. id say about 25 outof the 33 things on that list are ridiculous accusation and some just plain dont make sense. nothing on that list would ever make me want to become an athiest.

ill make a post later in which i will tell you why it is ridiculous but i am just to stoned rite now to expain lol

SpiritualExcess
09-04-2005, 02:03 AM
yaaah, most of the questions sound like they're for fundamentalists... like it's either that or atheism. nothing really concerned me.

weirdo79
09-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Lol tokosan I almost split A rib when I read your post. I dont know why but that was enormously funny to me for some reason.

Euphoric
09-04-2005, 09:42 AM
:o
REGARDING THE INDIFFERENT LUNATICS SUCH AS

althogh i dont believe in organized religion i do believe in some sort of higher power. id say about 25 outof the 33 things on that list are ridiculous accusation and some just plain dont make sense. nothing on that list would ever make me want to become an athiest.

ill make a post later in which i will tell you why it is ridiculous but i am just to stoned rite now to expain lol
mY offical retort TO YOU:

:eek: TOUCHE! :eek:

mvolta
09-05-2005, 04:50 AM
i could solidly rebuke every one of those arguments using christian rhetoric i picked up while mostly sleeping through high school religion class. and on my scale, informed indifference is way higher than opinionated ignorance.

F L E S H
09-05-2005, 05:50 AM
as a proud atheist, I think that's a dumb list. I think there are much better reasons to be atheist than just pointing out ridiculous pointless logical fallacies.

mellow mood
09-08-2005, 02:35 AM
i think it is as stupid to be sure of god's non-existence (or any forms of spiritual or higher spirits) then it is to be sure of it

im not atheist, but i think a bit as a buddhist: if theres a god, which is possible, it is too complicated anyway for the humans to understand it. so why lose our time saying he doesnt or he does exists.

thats the question

ermitonto
09-08-2005, 04:47 AM
The problem with stating that there is or isn't a god is that it's very hard to define what exactly a "god" is. I can show individual religions not to be true, but I can't discredit anything anybody might consider a god, since different people have widely divergent definitions of gods. For example, one man might believe in God as interpreted literally from the Bible, while another might believe in a god merely as whatever event caused the universe to come into existence, and yet another might consider God to simply be synonymous with the sum total of everything that exists, existed or will exist. Now clearly all of existence exists, so that form of God must be real (but I have to question what value one gets out of calling it "God").

When I say I don't believe in God, what I mean is that I find highly unlikely the existence of some extremely powerful force/energy/spirit/whatever in the universe that is not made out of observable matter and energy. If we can't empirically observe this thing, whatever it is, for all practical purposes we can assume it doesn't exist, like unicorns. And if it does exist, it seems to be pretty indifferent to the acts of us humans and nothing is gained by wasting your time with it if we can't even detect its influence on our reality.

What I do know for certain is that the Christian God does not exist. Since most people with whom I debate the existence of God are Christians, this makes things a lot easier for me. Christians have a tangible dogma that I can analyze, and they make specific assertions about how God might have interacted and still be interacting with the world as we know it, so their hypotheses are testable. All Christian interpretations of God are based largely on the Bible, so we can use this text to find out if the Christian God, the most widespread conception of a deity, is real or not. And the overwhelming evidence is that it is not. Even most Christians will acknowledge that huge portions of the Bible, like Noah's Flood and Moses parting the Red Sea and such, are merely works of fiction. And yet I haven't seen one Christian explain to me how to reliably distinguish the fiction from the non-fiction in the Bible. What do we trust, what don't we trust? With such wacky tall tales in it, how can people be so sure that the other parts of it are true? Plus the book contains big glaring errors, contradicting itself hundreds of times. For instance, there are two Adam and Eve stories; one where they were both created simultaneously, and one where God fucks up at first and only creates Adam, tries to get him to commit bestiality, and finally realizes he needs a human vagina to complement Adam's human penis (duh, you "omniscient" idiot!). In one passage God is saying "thou shalt not kill", and then in another he orders the Israelites to commit genocide on the Amalekites. In one passage it will say that all sins are forgiven, and in another it will say that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost "shall not be forgiven unto men". Largely the same arguments can be made against the existence of the Jewish and Muslim gods.

So if there is a God, I know for a fact that it can't be the one as depicted in the major monotheistic religions of the world, and that's what really matters when I call myself an atheist. It's just a label to define my beliefs in relation to those of others. Of course it would be impossible to say that no gods exist without a clear and precise definition of just what a god might be, and that would be a fairly pointless exercise anyways since whatever you decided a god is, most people would probably disagree with you. But if we're discussing the ideas of God as depicted in the holy texts central to the "revealed" religions, they fall about as easily as a row of dominos.

Ousted
09-08-2005, 03:59 PM
and on my scale, informed indifference is way higher than opinionated ignorance.

I like that! :D Should be in your sig...

MyAntiDrugIsAmy
09-13-2005, 08:24 PM
those questions don't necessarily lead to atheism, there are a lot of other religions and things out there.

I believe in God and it's mostly reflective through the core of Christianity and that's why I don't go to church. plus there are actually ppl there that say those fucking things as answers all the time and mean them. what the fuck. haha

CocaCola
09-16-2005, 06:10 AM
God is in you and all around you, nigga!

Kokujin X
09-16-2005, 06:24 AM
The answer to a lot of thoes questions are eaisly answered if you just look for it. I don't agree that they would convince me to be an athiest, but here is a site that you might want to look at. It has lots of answers that seem reasonable.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics.html

Melton420
09-23-2005, 07:20 AM
first of all, GOD lets us make our own decisions. 2nd the devil isnt inchained in the enternal damnnation yet, hes running wild tring to corrupt us, and everyone here pretty much is letting that happen, and i feel sorry for you and i hope you turn around, 3rd, he intrusts his word to be spoken wisely to the people who want to hear it, if you dont believe ...... great again i feel sory for you, and as for the other bologna you were talking about i didnt bother to read it

meloncoly
09-24-2005, 12:05 AM
ever seen those american kids shows run by inbred southern yanks, who teach all the kids the bad thoughts you think are caused by the Devil? run by twisted stupid fucks like Melton420, who say they feel sorry for us for not believing in his pathetic religion and hope we change our beliefs, I hope you die Melton420, very soon, it's not the devil putting bad thoughts into my head, it's me genuinely wanting you to be hurt and killed very soon.

Funkamander
09-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Hooray! Once again, Christianity and religion in general is pissing people off!

Also, Melton, regarding your avatar, WWJD?

andruejaysin
09-27-2005, 12:23 AM
the following is actually from an ebook i downloaded.
the ebook has 100 questions :D

1. Why would God entrust the spreading of 'His' word to one of his 'fallible' children? He knows men are sinners and are untruI doubt a professor would allow one of his students to teach a class if all the other students' futures were at stake. If God loved us so much and he wants us to be with him, why would he put our eternal souls at risk like that?

2. If Satan is the ultimate trickster, how do we know that Satan hasn't tricked Christians into worshipping him as God (Yahweh) and are actually rebuking the "real" God in his own name? - Inspired by Cice Mool

3. If god cast the devil into hell and hell is a place for eternal punishment from which even god cannot grant a pardon, then why do the preachers tell us the devil is walking up and down the hallways of high schools tempting teenagers to do drugs and have pre-marital sex? A warden who allows his prisoners the freedom to go out and kill and rape would be terminated for incompetence. - [email protected]

4. I have often heard from many believers that even Satan has a presence in the church, which is why even in church people can still have impure thoughts. If Satan can find his way in the church, how do Christians know that Satan didn't find his way into the Bible and twist the whole book? - The Infidel Guy

5. If the Universe is everywhere by definition, why do theists ask where it came from? How can there be anywhere for the universe to come from if the Universe is already everywhere by definition? - Chris and The Infidel Guy

6. Does God think? If so, he cannot be all-knowing. Think about it. - The Infidel Guy

7. If a soul is non-physical and the human body is physical, how does a soul stay in our bodies?

8. If God is all-knowing, how could he be disappointed in His creation? -- [email protected]

9. If God is unchangeable (immutable), how is there evidence of a god when everything else around us is changing? - The Infidel Guy

10. Why did God flood the earth to remove evil? It didn't work! Evil came right back, God should have known that would happen! So why did He bother? - PhineasBg

11. Why is it that theists tell me that I have to examine every part of the universe and not find God anywhere in order to say that there is no god, when in fact all I need to do is not find God in one location since he is supposed to be omnipresent? - Chris

12. If the garden of Eden was a perfect paradise as xians claim, then why did Eve even want to eat the apple? Wouldn't a perfect place provide everything a person would want or desire and thus she would want nothing? - keyser soze

13. Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death" Does this mean animals sin as well? Or uni-cellular organisms? Do plants sin? Because they all die as well, not just humans. Why does an animal die, if it doesn't know the moral difference between right and wrong? - Nef

14. Why would an all-powerful god become flesh in order to sacrifice himself to himself so that his creation might escape the wrath of himself. Couldn't god, in his infinite wisdom, come up with something a little more efficient? - [email protected]

15. If we are the children of god, and yet we have never seen him, does that make us the bastards of god? Not to mention my mom didn't marry God- [email protected]

16. After 9/11 a lot of people have been tossing around "god bless america". Why do they keep saying this? From the looks of it god hasn't blessed anything. If god had blessed america, the 9/11 event would've never happened. Theists seem to give the answer of "everything is part of gods big plan". If everything is part of gods big plan, why are we after Bin Laden? Wasn't he and other terrorists just carrying out gods desired plan? So it seems that Bin Laden/ terrorism isnt our enemy , but god. - [email protected]

17. Christians say that God is NOT the author of confusion. Can you say, Tower of Babel? - The Screaming Monkeys

18. Christians will tell you that if a baby dies it goes to heaven. Why then are they so against abortion? All the child is being deprived of is the opportunity to go to hell. Either that or god expects unborn fetuses to accept Jesus. - [email protected]

19. Why does God have emotions (jealousy, anger, sadness, love, etc.) if he is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent? Emotions are reactionary, how can God react to us if he is all-knowing and has a divine plan?

20. If Jesus Christ is allegedly the omnipotent god made flesh.....how is it that he did not inherit Original Sin? Remember, he is allegedly Man and god in union, and if truly man, as well as god, he must have inherited Original Sin. ???- His Lordship, Lucifer

21. If God is the father of Jesus, what is Jesus' DNA like? Does God have sperm? If he doesn't, where did Mary get the DNA from that was needed to make Jesus? This would make Mary asexual and Jesus would then be a girl. No Y chromosome. - [email protected] and [email protected]

22. I never got the remote controlled car I prayed for as a child, but if I want to go to hell, will God grant my wish?.... Gee, thanks God! - [email protected]

23. In the "Last Days" Jesus is supposed to appear in the clouds. How are the Christians on the opposite end of the world going to see him? Are there going to be millions of Jesus'? What about people that work underground? - [email protected]

24. A true Muslim man is not supposed to do anything that the prophet Muhammad didn't do. If one remembers there was a big debate over whether or not Muslims should eat Mangoes. If this is true why in the Hell were these Islamic Fundamentalists flying airplanes?

25. If the earth was covered by a complete global flood, every living creature killed except those surviving on the ark, why are there many completely unique animal species in Australia that are found no where else indigenously on the earth? - [email protected]

26. If god is omniscient and "god is love," why would he allow a child to be conceived, knowing that that child would one day reject him and spend eternity burning in a lake of fire? If I were god, I wouldn't allow it; I have more love for humanity than he does. -- TiredTurkeyProd

27. How can Heaven be utter bliss when you know that people you love and care about are burning in Hell? -- The Infidel Guy - ANSWER: - When we get to Heaven there will be no pain. God erases our memories of our loved ones that may be in Hell because he doesn't want to experience pain.

28. Revelations takes place on Earth. What if we colonize the moon or Mars or inhabit a self-sustaining space station? Do we escape "judgement"? -- Ray Sommers ANSWER: God will get them too. - Jim

29. Many people believe in ghosts. My question is, "Why is it that people see only ghosts of people or pets? Why not Neanderthals or better yet dinosaurs? That would be one hell of a ghost to see a Brontosaurus parading downtown.

30. If god did open the sea so that Moses and the jews could run away from Egypt, why didn't he open the concentration camps gates? -- Guilherme Hoffmann

31. Why are we granted free will if our duty in this life to our god is to do as we are told? We are to follow rules upon threat of punishment. Is that free will? -- Gandalfs Nephew

32. Isaiah 40:28 says, "...the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is he weary?" If this is true, why did God rest on the seventh day?

33. Everytime I go to a funeral the preacher and guests always say that "God" has called that person to Heaven or they say, "God said it was time to come home", or some such variation. If God is calling these people "home", why are we putting the murderers of these victims in prison? How can we punish a man or woman for doing God's will?
I always wondered why God would want to be worshipped? Can He really be that insecure?

Tholiak
09-27-2005, 12:55 AM
3. If god cast the devil into hell and hell is a place for eternal punishment from which even god cannot grant a pardon, then why do the preachers tell us the devil is walking up and down the hallways of high schools tempting teenagers to do drugs and have pre-marital sex? A warden who allows his prisoners the freedom to go out and kill and rape would be terminated for incompetence

God hasnt Cast Satan into hell Yet. and It isnt gona be God, Gabriel will cast Lucifer into Hell

Tholiak
09-27-2005, 12:58 AM
14. Why would an all-powerful god become flesh in order to sacrifice himself to himself so that his creation might escape the wrath of himself. Couldn't god, in his infinite wisdom, come up with something a little more efficient?

Another one, God didnt come to earth, it was Jesus, the Son. The Trinity, Learn it.

Tholiak
09-27-2005, 12:59 AM
17. Christians say that God is NOT the author of confusion. Can you say, Tower of Babel?

They were defying God by trying to build a tower to reach heaven, because they didnt wana wait. So he cursed them with Language.

Tholiak
09-27-2005, 01:00 AM

Humans make choices, God doesnt mess with those choices. They made the choice to crash a plane into the towers. Just like God wouldnt stop you from crashing your car headlong into a tree if you wanted.

Tholiak
09-27-2005, 01:02 AM
25. If the earth was covered by a complete global flood, every living creature killed except those surviving on the ark, why are there many completely unique animal species in Australia that are found no where else indigenously on the earth?

Survival of the fitest maybe? Bigger badder animal ate up the smaller one, or might not have a been a bigger badder animal to eat a small one.

GHoSToKeR
09-27-2005, 11:58 PM
I've got nothing else to add since F L E S H said this;

as a proud atheist, I think that's a dumb list. I think there are much better reasons to be atheist than just pointing out ridiculous pointless logical fallacies.

death of sXe
09-28-2005, 12:08 AM
This message is hidden because Tholiak is on your ignore list.

GHoSToKeR
09-28-2005, 12:10 AM
hahahaha

acidtrip
10-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Thats a pretty shit list tbh, theres far better arguements to proove the non-existance of God.

fattyk32
10-30-2005, 06:23 AM
God, if a god of any type exists, is most definitely simply a source that can tap into an infinite energy well. From that infinite energy well, God is able to pull out as much or as little energy as he needs and place them in his own containment field, which is ever expanding (the universe). Thus, God is the Deist god, the one who kicks a soccer ball down a hill and lets it roll according to physics. I think that god took the energy and created some mass with it in this universe as well as energy in a certain mix and from there the universe progressed under the laws of physics. So, God didn't create physics, thus he is bound by it. However, his access to infinite energy may also allow him to enter into other dimensions to change aspects of this universe and alter the flow of energy within our own world. Of course, believing that physics can describe everything without any need of god would alleviate any need to have faith. Either way, God is possible, but since the easiest explanation is best, science rules the day.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N.
10-30-2005, 08:52 PM
What if God is actually just the combined consciences of countless bodiless entities? What if those entities exist in nothingness, where all that is thought is real, and all that is real is thought? What if these bodies are just a thought of one of those bodiless entities? What if the universe as we know it was created simply by collective thoughts from these bodilesses? What if Satan was the first kind of these bodies while we were still aware of our bodiless forms? What if he tricked the first few bodies into thinking that there is no such thing as a bodiless entity? What if God is actually all of these bodiless entities thinking as one?

:p

Void
10-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Penguin stop trying to sound smart you little shit.

Stoner Shadow Wolf
10-30-2005, 09:13 PM
:stoned: i've infected you...

P.E.N.G.U.I.N.
11-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Penguin stop trying to sound smart you little shit.
Hmmm....How may I put this as unpolitely as possible...

Fuck you.

I'd use big words if I wanted to sound smart. Yet I don't use big words, and still seem smart.

I just realized who I was cussing out. Void, leave me the fuck alone.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N.
11-06-2005, 11:54 PM
:stoned: i've infected you...
Yes, yes you have :pimp:

Monkey4Sale
11-07-2005, 12:20 AM
He's got a point about the dinosaurs though. And christians won't listen to the list cause they think they are right. And if you disagree with them, they'll kill you and your children. Just look at the indians, oh wait you can't, the ones that didn't listen were slaughtered. It's just better to keep your antigod talk to yourself, don't piss of christians they'll kill us all. Especially us jews, the blacks, or the indians they missed the first time through.

Besides, god isn't real, everyone knows that.

Decent
11-13-2005, 08:52 AM
yaaah, most of the questions sound like they're for fundamentalists... like it's either that or atheism. nothing really concerned me.
Yeah, it's like there is no other possible type of theist besides psychotic Christian, and no agnostic at all. This is pretty juvenile.

Polymirize
11-13-2005, 10:26 AM
What if God is actually just the combined consciences of countless bodiless entities? What if those entities exist in nothingness, where all that is thought is real, and all that is real is thought? What if these bodies are just a thought of one of those bodiless entities? What if the universe as we know it was created simply by collective thoughts from these bodilesses? What if Satan was the first kind of these bodies while we were still aware of our bodiless forms? What if he tricked the first few bodies into thinking that there is no such thing as a bodiless entity? What if God is actually all of these bodiless entities thinking as one?

:p

I like this. But of course, don't God and Satan create and destroy everything (although they're part of a larger thing) respectively? Driving the whole cycle with competion and cooperation?

Damn, now I'm high and uniting unities and dualities. I'm going to stop before I write a thesis.

opiuser
11-13-2005, 10:28 AM
a few of those on that list kind of make sense, but the rest are just plain stupid.

seems your gettin trigger happpy
maybe if you took some time and researched or even thought about what you said b4 u said it, you would have found some better points..

like in gensis, where god refers to itself as we... and later in genesis after the apple incident when we were thrown out of the garden so we could not eat from the tree of life, and be just as powerful as god (a perfect flaw which is based on research)

by the way, im not christian, nor am i defending them, but i am monst definately not gonna defend your arrogant ignorance...

YOU DONT HAVE TO BELEIVE IN WHAT THEY BELEIVE, BUT ATLEAST RESPECT THEIR BELEIFS AND LET THEM BE

Sensi Super Skunk
11-13-2005, 10:05 PM
The problem with stating that there is or isn't a god is that it's very hard to define what exactly a "god" is. I can show individual religions not to be true, but I can't discredit anything anybody might consider a god, since different people have widely divergent definitions of gods. For example, one man might believe in God as interpreted literally from the Bible, while another might believe in a god merely as whatever event caused the universe to come into existence, and yet another might consider God to simply be synonymous with the sum total of everything that exists, existed or will exist. Now clearly all of existence exists, so that form of God must be real (but I have to question what value one gets out of calling it "God").

When I say I don't believe in God, what I mean is that I find highly unlikely the existence of some extremely powerful force/energy/spirit/whatever in the universe that is not made out of observable matter and energy. If we can't empirically observe this thing, whatever it is, for all practical purposes we can assume it doesn't exist, like unicorns. And if it does exist, it seems to be pretty indifferent to the acts of us humans and nothing is gained by wasting your time with it if we can't even detect its influence on our reality.

What I do know for certain is that the Christian God does not exist. Since most people with whom I debate the existence of God are Christians, this makes things a lot easier for me. Christians have a tangible dogma that I can analyze, and they make specific assertions about how God might have interacted and still be interacting with the world as we know it, so their hypotheses are testable. All Christian interpretations of God are based largely on the Bible, so we can use this text to find out if the Christian God, the most widespread conception of a deity, is real or not. And the overwhelming evidence is that it is not. Even most Christians will acknowledge that huge portions of the Bible, like Noah's Flood and Moses parting the Red Sea and such, are merely works of fiction. And yet I haven't seen one Christian explain to me how to reliably distinguish the fiction from the non-fiction in the Bible. What do we trust, what don't we trust? With such wacky tall tales in it, how can people be so sure that the other parts of it are true? Plus the book contains big glaring errors, contradicting itself hundreds of times. For instance, there are two Adam and Eve stories; one where they were both created simultaneously, and one where God fucks up at first and only creates Adam, tries to get him to commit bestiality, and finally realizes he needs a human vagina to complement Adam's human penis (duh, you "omniscient" idiot!). In one passage God is saying "thou shalt not kill", and then in another he orders the Israelites to commit genocide on the Amalekites. In one passage it will say that all sins are forgiven, and in another it will say that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost "shall not be forgiven unto men". Largely the same arguments can be made against the existence of the Jewish and Muslim gods.

So if there is a God, I know for a fact that it can't be the one as depicted in the major monotheistic religions of the world, and that's what really matters when I call myself an atheist. It's just a label to define my beliefs in relation to those of others. Of course it would be impossible to say that no gods exist without a clear and precise definition of just what a god might be, and that would be a fairly pointless exercise anyways since whatever you decided a god is, most people would probably disagree with you. But if we're discussing the ideas of God as depicted in the holy texts central to the "revealed" religions, they fall about as easily as a row of dominos.
I completely agree with every bit of what you typed. Nice facts.

I have more belief in extraterrestrial life than that of some being called "God". I consider the label of "atheist" to mean just a normal person, that actually knows the truth. While with religion, just vice versa. It is possible that there was a human named Jesus that existed and that Virgin Mary too existed and was not a virgin at all! For all we know, Jesus faked his death on the cross and lived out the rest of his life as a very quiet man.

beachguy in thongs
11-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Have you ever stop to think that we can all be God?

That's just something I've heard... :stoned:

beachguy in thongs
11-14-2005, 01:52 AM
Also, I heard there were others born of virgins, before three wisemen or whatever it was, and on December 25.

MyAntiDrugIsAmy
11-14-2005, 02:30 AM
25. If the earth was covered by a complete global flood, every living creature killed except those surviving on the ark, why are there many completely unique animal species in Australia that are found no where else indigenously on the earth?

Survival of the fitest maybe? Bigger badder animal ate up the smaller one, or might not have a been a bigger badder animal to eat a small one.
well, i think there was probably a flood, also it's been accounted for in a lot of religions on completly remote areas of the world. if there was the flood, then everything could have eroded and had different properties making it really hard for us to determine the actual date. so the flood could have happened before the tectonic plates separated australia from asia, and then the survival of the fittest could have taken its course.

Stoner Shadow Wolf
11-14-2005, 02:34 AM
athiesm is a part of omnitheism...

Sentinel
11-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Another point to add is that every christian that has complete faith (most) are practicing "doublethink" to believe 2 contradictory ideas at once. They believe that humans existed harmoniously at the same time as the dinosaurs? It is amazing how blind faith can be so insidious in cultures throughout the world. Why do christians believe in god? because they were told by people to believe in god. And the people before them. Christianity doesn't even make an effort to sound believable when you pick it apart.

Stoner Shadow Wolf
11-14-2005, 02:47 AM
stop picking on religions, they dont know any better, they are all attempts at compiling the truth into a way of life, and it takes a little bit of all of them in order to catch a glimpse of this enigma of truth.

beachguy in thongs
11-14-2005, 03:02 AM
The whole point of a religion is to have a figure whom we all can strive to become.