PDA

View Full Version : storage

blind faith
06-09-2004, 07:24 PM
hey, can anyone tell me what are the best conditions to store skunk so that it does loose potency?? any good containers or anything. my friend suggested a camera film holder ?

gs8778
06-09-2004, 07:59 PM
what are the best conditions to store skunk so that it does loose potency??

So that it DOES lose potency? Um, ok. Break it up so that there is as much surface area as possible and keep it in a damp place in the light. Make sure there is plenty of airflow. The light and air will hopefully quickly degrade the cannabinoids for you. If you are lucky, you may even get mold. The film cannister is a big no no, since this may actually help to keep the potency. Whatever you do, don't keep it in an airtight container in the dark, or in the freezer, since this would make it last for a very long time:D

Sir Smokealot
06-09-2004, 08:20 PM
I think it was supposed to be a typo becuase a film container is a good place

You can keep it in small jelly jars they can hold about 1/8. Also sandwhich bags are good. Basically anythin airtight is good for keeping bud so that it DOESN'T lose potency

gs8778
06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I think it was supposed to be a typo

No shit, sherlock;) It's called sarcasm, lol

sawleaf
06-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Go to a farming or food store and you can get a dozen canning/preserving jars for under 10 bucks. They are super thick and seal up very nice!

Sir Smokealot
06-09-2004, 11:33 PM
No shit, sherlock;) It's called sarcasm, lol

Well then dont waste a whole post being a faggot

HvyFuel
06-09-2004, 11:54 PM
gs, you're wasting your time with sarcasm m8. About 300ft above his head.

Having the intellect to answer humourously is being a faggot. Sir Smokealot is obviously a real he man.

sawleaf
06-10-2004, 02:38 PM
I think it was supposed to be a typo becuase a film container is a good place

You can keep it in small jelly jars they can hold about 1/8. Also sandwhich bags are good. Basically anythin airtight is good for keeping bud so that it DOESN'T lose potency

SirSmokealot, sandwich bags are by far the worst thing to store you precious buds in! You say anything airtight, yet you mention these. They are far from airtight and the plastic conducts static electricity which pulls a ton of tricomes off the buds. Ever wonder why the bags are so hazy afterwards? You are right on with the jars though. Cannabis People, please don't use sandwich bags!

DrGonzo
06-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Go to a dollar store, and get a mason jar. Glass is better to smoke from, and better to store in too. I usually only buy once a month, and I keep it in a little glass jar in my car. It stays fresh and tasty for however long it takes me to finish it! and the crystals collect in the jar, too.

BongFish
06-10-2004, 10:09 PM
For good portable storage I like the little plastic eggs inside 'KinderEggs' (I don't know if you have them in the US).

KinderEggs are ace, you get nice chocolate, a cool toy and an ace place to store bud. Made for stoners.

Sir Smokealot
06-11-2004, 08:25 PM
SirSmokealot, sandwich bags are by far the worst thing to store you precious buds in! You say anything airtight, yet you mention these. They are far from airtight and the plastic conducts static electricity which pulls a ton of tricomes off the buds. Ever wonder why the bags are so hazy afterwards? You are right on with the jars though. Cannabis People, please don't use sandwich bags!

Yea your right but bud is sold ( most of the time) in small or large plastic bags

sawleaf
06-12-2004, 12:58 AM
yeah true. Could you imagine a dealer with a bunch of glass containers clanking around in his pack

Sir Smokealot
06-12-2004, 06:35 PM
yea haha but i guess im gonna take it out of the little bags when i get my weed and put it in a jar or film container.