PDA

View Full Version : fertelizer affecting taste

Sam
06-09-2004, 04:02 PM
New to growing, and have heard lots or reports that fertilizers affect the taste of the bud once harvested, and maybe bead for you.

Surely fertilizers are essential for good yields? Is there any way of preventing the taste being changed? Would not fertilizing the plants a month prior to harvesting be a good idea?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam.

sawleaf
06-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Yes, use organic natural fertilizer instead of chemical ones. Two weeks prior to harvest cut the fertilizer out and just use water for your plants.

Sam
06-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Cheers for the info

sawleaf
06-09-2004, 05:00 PM
No worries! Happy cultivation!

godzbudz
06-09-2004, 10:01 PM
another alternative is to stop using chemical ferts a month before harvest and just use pure h20, this flushes all the nasty tasting crap out

Tech
06-09-2004, 10:31 PM
A month?
Stop ferting them half way through budding?
Thats a bit silly i think god.
Go with Sawleaf Sam, i never flush for more than a week and mine are fine.

sawleaf
06-09-2004, 10:56 PM
A month?
Stop ferting them half way through budding?
Thats a bit silly i think god.
Go with Sawleaf Sam, i never flush for more than a week and mine are fine.

Tech, do you know anything about Spray-and-Grow. It's not a fertilizer, but folier micronutrients. I have been using it on my plants and it has been working great. Do you think I should cut my use of it a few weeks before harvest as well? I am not worried about mold, the lights I am using kill any mold and bacteria so the moisture is not really too much of an issue for me. But do you think it could affect the taste also?

HvyFuel
06-10-2004, 12:05 AM
I stop spraying ferts at least a week before harvest. It's sucked strait into the bud. Minimum seven days, pure H2O.