PDA

View Full Version : Not to sure on this bust...

element
08-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Aight, I'm going to try and explain this the best I can for some reasons. One is so I can get my story straight if need be, and so I can get straight responses from you guys.

Here's the deal. I am attending my first year of college. I live in Virginia. We have only been in school 9 days. I am 17 years old. Anyways. I was walking down the street with a bowl in my pocket. I had no weed on me. Anyways, I was randomly searching my new area that I live in to get accustomed to the area. So I was walking and I saw a cop drive by me (this is normal, my college has sooooo many cops), and he kept going. I thought I was fine. Then I see this car drive really slow next to me, and I relieze it's the same cop. I stayed cool like everything was normal. He asked to see my ID and I showed him. I even put my hands up before he told me to. I decided that I would want to be the nicest, most honest, decent pothead this officer would me in hopes that if he did find something, I would be fine. So he came over to me and said I fit the discription of someone that had just recentely broke and enetered a house. I calmely discussed the situation, and I decided that I would go to the house with him so the house owners could quickly ID me negative. There was no way I was near this house at all. So he said in order to get into the car that he would need to search me. So being the retard that I am I decided I would let him search me. He asked me if I had anything illegal, and right before he was about to find the bowl, I told him I had a tobacco pipe. He looked at it and saw marijuana resin in it. He kept the bowl, I was never really sure what he did with it. Anyways he seemed like he wasnt going to do anything about this just take me to the house for ID then peace out. Before I got in the car I asked if I was being detained. He said no. I got in the car and he drove me back over to that place. They ID'd me negative. I WAS FREE TO GO! Wrong. He then asked if I could step back in his car. I quizically asked him how come? He procceded to tell me he could drive me back to my dorm. I then agian asked if I was being detained. He said no. I got in the car, then right when he got in he said, Sorry son you are being detained I am going to read you your rights. ETC. ETC. So I was arrested. Damn. But he was heading off to my dorm. He stopped there and said, you know what, since you've been so honest I'll just give you a ticket and let you roll out. So he started to write the ticket. But then he got to my birthdate. He jsut rememebered I was 17. He kinda made some changes to the ticket. He then asked for my parents information and such. I gave him all the shit. Many cops drove by asking what the deal was, was I getting a ticket, but he kept saying, nah hes a juvinelle. I asked him what the deal was and he said he would contact someone within 6 months or something. I really dont remeber that part and that part is like the most important. He finished the ticket and went to his trunk, messing around with shit for a while. Then he came to the front, said everything was set, gave me a handshake, and let me go. He asked if I was goign to call my parents, I said I would.. One important thing he didn't do was give me a ticket. HE GAVE ME NOTHING...

There are somethings I think he did wrong here. One, he arrested me, I'm only 17. He also gave me no copy of the ticket.

Now what I want to know is.

1. Do I now have a criminal record?
2. Did he actaully charge me with a crime?
3. Since I turn 18 in one month, will the crime get taken away?
4. Do you think they will call my parents? OR should I?
5. Will I have to go to court?
6. Do you think he just let it go?

Any other information about what you guys think happened to me let me know.

P.S. - I have heard from numerous people that If I don't recieve a copy of the ticket it's VOID. Info on that would also be great.

P.P.S - Im sorry for the lengthy post, but please read and respond. I NEED HELP!

yocass
08-30-2005, 08:31 PM
SOUNDS like he just was tryin to scare ya. (cops way of bein nice, hey no ticket right?) Sometimes for petty things like that they will give you a business card with the case number and the DAs office number. But if you didnt even get that Id say your probably set. Never know though, they may come back.

andruejaysin
08-31-2005, 03:14 AM
Did you plead guilty or no contest in court? Or on a ticket submited to a court? Were you tried and convicted by a jury of your peers? (or your parents peers, anyway!) If the answer to all these is no, then you have not been convicted (or even charged, probably) He was actually pretty cool with you, compared to lots of pigs. Relax.

andruejaysin
08-31-2005, 03:26 AM
Actually, this sorta reminds me of something that happened to me. I got pulled over for being in a neighborhood that had alot of burglaries. (my trunk lid was open, my own dumb ass) so anyway he finds a bong made from airline equipment. He ask me what it was and I tell him it's an oiler for an airgun. He asks me if I expect him to believe that. I said no, but under the circumstances I thought it was a pretty good story. He got a good laugh out of it, kept my bong, let me go. Cocksucker is probably smoking out of it right now.