PDA

View Full Version : 1000 watt light in closet

MorrisCounty
08-30-2005, 01:07 AM
i have a 3 foot by 8 foot closet... will i burn my APARTMENT DOWN using a 1000 wat grow light.. this cat is trying to sell me the lamp wit balast for 40 bucks... great deal sure... but will my wife and daughter be in danger??

MorrisCounty
08-30-2005, 01:07 AM
to [email protected]

marylanddude2005
08-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Also please reply on here, if you know the answer. I'm curious.

lemonboy
08-30-2005, 02:16 AM
What exactly are you worried about? The electrical reliability of the unit? Heat build-up? With enough work you could cool a closet so a 1k light would fit. As to the reliability, make sure the ballast is in a ballast box and the bulb is wiped clean of oils.

Zandor
08-30-2005, 03:31 AM
monitor the temperature at the top of the canopy and watch the heat. Does it come with an aircooled hood? If not you are only spending 40 bucks so go for it. Buy yourself a cool tube or an aircooled hood, upgrade the bulb to a Hortilux bulb so you can veg with it too and get a good blower to move the air through your cool tube or your hood and out the otherside of your room and you should be fine.

Try a trial run for a few day's before you put your plants in there and see what temperature yo can get.

40 bucks is a good deal dude even if it's only a transformer.

luckydan
08-30-2005, 11:20 AM
I run a 1000 watt light in my closet wich is only 2feet wide by about 5 feet long by 5 feet tall and have no probs ,i was a little bit concerned i was going to burn the house down to.I have been running it for about 4 months now and all is good
You just need good exhaust and fan in ,then its all good mate....

MorrisCounty
08-31-2005, 12:01 AM
thanks fellas, im going to get with them guy and buy the damn thing... worst case senerio is i will have it until i become more efficient at growing period..

thanks

Zandor,

I have left the lights that i presently have (three 60 watt flourescent stick lights) on the fledgling mother plant (as instructed by you in an unrelated thread) to revert it back to veg as it was too small and beginning to flower. It looks great thus far...

thanks for that advice as well

Zandor
08-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Good the hear, give her a middle of the cycle strength nutrients.