PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth

GHoSToKeR
08-23-2005, 08:39 PM
I downloaded Google Earth today, after hearing about it from my friend, who described it as a "3D atlas". After opening it up you're greated with exactly that; a detailed 3D atlas with controls and settings around it, as you can see it one of these screencaps. It seemed pretty cool so I played around with it for a while before discovering how to zoom in, and man I was so fucking shocked. You can zoom in hundreds of miles, so far that the closer pictures look like they weretaken out of a low-flying helicopter of plane [see the photo of the football stadium]. Being as stoned as I am i'm finding it really fascinating, which only increased after noticing the Search function in the top-left corner... type the name of a country, city, town, village, landmark, area or even sometimes a street name and then the 3D globe will spin around and zoom in on the place you were looking for [see the screencap of the Egyptian pyramids egypt (by the way, that's nowhere near as much as you can zoom in].

I would recommend this software for anyone (download it at http://earth.google.com/ ), especially to stoners.

Enjoy. :)

GHoSToKeR
08-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Goddamit, I knew I forgot to do something.