PDA

View Full Version : 8/8 Flowering Light Cycle

Joel
08-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey guys, I am just curious on your guys's input to an 8/8 light cycle for flowering. I have herd many things about this, the most understandable that I believe would be that when you do the 8/8 it gives the plant more time to rejuvinate. I think this might work because plants do not know there are 24 hours in a day, they could easily do 16hour days, would this speed up the flowering process? .... No hate, Just curious.

newgroweroldsmoker
08-23-2005, 09:57 PM
i think i've read something like that to be honest..i can't remember where but i think it was a poting over here.....you do this to manipulate the photoperiod and subsequently the life of the plant but i can't remember any more details.....it's a concept that needs a lot of precision and i think lasts for about two weeks and it's done to speed up the process, i am not sure that it's 8/8 though, i think it's more cmplicated than that!

Joel
08-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Really? My friend who got his door busted down for growing did 8/8, and I have seen pictures of him with his plants in his house, they looked great! I want more opinions on this before I try it ;D, I might just get my friend to come and help me with it, or just explain in details.