PDA

View Full Version : first grow please help

bongsmoker
08-22-2005, 07:09 PM
im on my first grow ive got a cabinet setup im in the first week plants are lanky thin stems already about 3 inches tall growing under floro bulb i want compact plants with heavy buds. any growing tips would be really helpful

SIRUS
08-22-2005, 07:40 PM
how much wattz are your flouro bulbs?

Nochowderforyou
08-22-2005, 07:51 PM
To get small, compact plants, here a few things you can do to help.

First off, to keep a small plant, you want an indica dom. strain. Avoid sativas as they like to grow tall and lanky. Indicas stay short and thick.

You said you are using floros, so you can get as close as an inch with those bulbs as they give off very little heat. So keep your lights close to your plants, as that will reduce stretching.

Keep your grow area coolish. Overheating in a grow room will result in stretched out plants. Try and keep it above 15degC, and below 30degC, and you should be fine.

And yes, how many watts are your floros as Sirus asked? If it is too low of wattage, your plant will stretch as it requires more light. Plants will stretch if not enough light is provided. To get anything decent, you want a min of 50W per.sq.ft.

Good luck...:cool:

bongsmoker
08-24-2005, 07:04 PM
the bulb is a sunshine floro bulb the box said it produces about 1300 lumens dont have a clue what that means but its very bright.

bongsmoker
08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
i just elevated the plants so that they would be closer to the light . I was wondering if i could use a blacklight with my floro bulb. would the extra light help . i had a friend grow entirely under black lights the plant came up albino . im giving them nearly 24 hour light. iwas wonderig if this ok. any comments or suggestions appreciated