PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, gentlemen, and that unique breed of "undecideds" that I try to avoid.

GHoSToKeR
08-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Okay, so, new PC, new outlook on life (I can thank some unebelievably nice weed for that.. and Pink Floyd), and a new blister on my foot from working seven days a week for the last few weeks (worked 12 hours today.. on a Sunday!!), and i'm ready to post again, but only in the Cafe Lounge for the moment.

So, how are you guys? I hope you're all well. Me, i'm okay.. had a rough few days, what with my mum being ill, but we're okay, I think. I wasn't planning to post here for a while (I mean, come on, i've posted here nearly every day since I joined over a year ago.. lol) but I missed you guys too much . :)

Hey, Maryjanemama, how are you? I was just reading through some old threads and found a post you made in which you said something nice about me that I never noticed before.. thanks. :)

On a different note...... have you guys ever wondered 'what's it all for'? Well, I think everyone wonders that at some point, and being as Cannabisly Inclined as we are I think we probably wonder that more than most... but yesterday at work I suddenly thought "what the fuck am I doing?" (at the time I was arguing with a mechanic on the phone.. I work in garage/car dealership). I just realised that I was getting stressed out over something I don't give a shit about (and i'm sure a few of you guys 'know' how little I get stressed).

The funny thing is, instead of making me dejected and unmotivated, this thought actually inspired me somehow. Instead of thinking 'I don't care so i'm not gonna do it..' I actually thought 'I don't care so i'm not gonna give a shit about it, just gonna do it to earn money and live how I want'.

Maybe i'm growing up? Nah.

I'm listening to System of a Down right now.. I love System. When you mention them to most people they kinda go "meh", but... man... this is why I love weed so much *(one of the many reasons.. lol).. I mean, listening to them while blazed out of my mind has helped me to realise how talented this band is. I seriously think they're going to be one of the bands people will still be talking about in [i]x years (hehe.. don't wanna be too specific incase I have to eat my words.. :P).

Anyway, enough rambling GHoST, shut up dude.

Catch ya guys around.

-GHoST-

:)

IrieAllie
08-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey Ghost...I can relate. There are days when I feel like I am just going through the motions...when I was in Jamaica, and under the spell of some wonderful weed, I decided to come home and start my own business. I have been doing freelance/contract work for years, and thought "Why not do my OWN business?" It sucks not knowing when/if my next project is coming, and now I find myself in the same boat AGAIN. I had one client use me regularly for 2 months, and got a little to comfy with the regular work. Now its slow again, and I am frustrated. Maybe I should just go to Petco and get a job!

Ousted
08-30-2005, 04:41 PM
I know exactly how you feel, Ghost. I definitely have my going through the motions days. On Saturday I was with a client and this stupid lady started throwing a fit at the front desk because her appointment was at 6 and it was 6:10 and she wasn't seated and served yet. One of my coworkers was then kind enough ( :rolleyes: ) to point at me and said to the lady "Thats the manager-talk to her." I closed my eyes, sighed and thought to myself, "I really couldn't give 2 shits about why this lady is bitching." But I turned around, smiled, asked what her problem was. She was so angry and hostile, I rolled my eyes after she threw her fit and I said "I'm going back to my client now" completely aware that I was ignoring her outburst, and showed no interest in trying to make her happy. Normally I would take the extra step to try to make things right with the customer, but that lady caught me on the wrong day - an "I dont give a shit" day. She stormed out after that, which was fine by me.

DonnieDarko
08-31-2005, 01:03 AM
Great observations, GHoST .... Sometimes we all get caught up in the bullshit of life ... little things that waste our time, and time is our most valuable possession.

Weed makes me think different thoughts, for sure, makes me wonder about the bigger picture. It makes the music sound better, and our food taste better.

An optimistic attitude can be the closest thing to the fountain of youth. Screw the little things that stress us out and wear us down. When the going gets tough, the tough smoke a bowl. Of the GOOD stuff .... In Jamaica, if we can !!!

Hey, I feel better already.

ScarlettCrush
09-02-2005, 05:46 AM
I love system, it is great to hear those middle eastern elements in unexpected places.