PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Thai

duckofdeath
08-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Hey when i first started smoking (94-96) the only pot that was around was Chocolate Thai. Man it was good! Smelled like chocolate, tasted like chocolate, and gave you the fiercest munchies. The high was mildly halucagenic. It made the world look very cartoony, and you would hear stuff, and sounds were amplfied. It was bright green buds with little or no red hairs. I've been reading and looking at seed banks but none seem to have this strain. Does anybody else remember this bud? Is it still around? I would love to see some pics and hear some stories if anybody has come across Chocolate Thai or knows what happened to this stuff!

Killa.Kali
08-20-2005, 03:34 AM
I picked some up not too long ago :) it is top5 in my book :D i LOOOOOVE it, its been basically mixed with other strains. Heres a pic of some that was ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY dilicious :D i only paid $10 a gram for it...I wish I had bought more because my dealer hasnt been able to get anymore since July :( It smelled kind of like that powdered chocolate milk mix, the taste was very mild but you could definitely taste the chocolate....man I miss that sooo much :(

duckofdeath
08-20-2005, 04:02 AM
aaahhh......memories if only i had the seeds.....

rajking86
08-20-2005, 06:45 AM
Yo Killa Kali, that looks like a Westernized version of the REAL DEAL. I actually just went on my prolly millionth trip to thailand and here is actual Thai sativa it is wonDERFUL! Exactly the descriptions you gave.

Note how different it looks than the regular KB look of buds you get in the West.

Below is a pic of real thai weed. ppl who been to the far east know that the pot around there doesnt rely on its looks :rolleyes: to determine strength.

They are one of the best buds I've smoked and I get BC buds every week.

jadeius
08-20-2005, 07:59 PM
that looks like some GOOD SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my friends' mommy just died in a car wreck, and she used to smoke that shit back in the day before we were born....god bless her soul, i love her and miss her SO MUCH !!!!! please, everyone, pray to whomever that she rests in peace, she was the best pothead that ever existed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duckofdeath
08-21-2005, 04:11 AM
wow great pics guys! too bad you cant burn one over the internet

Killa.Kali
08-21-2005, 05:24 AM
Ya most of the bud we get here isnt pure breed =\ usually hybrid or just watered down strains of the originals (except really high grade like Diesel and Skunk#1 and 2) I wish I could get my hands on some TRUE Choc. Thai but I dunno that thats ever gonna happen :( *punches wall*

htownbigsam420
08-21-2005, 05:33 AM
everyone's pics look like weed :( Hydro is the shit :(

MeatRulz
08-21-2005, 05:51 AM
i heard of chocalte chunk but never chocalte thai.

Etrain
08-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Yummy.

sToNeDpEnGuIn420
08-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Lol couldnt you like throw chocolate mix on the bud or sometyhing? and it would make it taste and smell like chocolate? lol

MeatRulz
08-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Thats what i was thinkin o yea and i clicked on ur fuckin link penguin damn u and ur 21 exp points.

Killa.Kali
08-21-2005, 07:42 AM
the flavor comes from the growing itself, chocolate powder burns and melts :p

duckofdeath
08-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Weed is like fine wine, it caries with it subtle flavors, aromas, tastes, and highs, you can actually cure your pot (put it in a jar to let the air ferment takes along time) which will bring out these flavors and aromas. Tastes great! and each strain is different

duckofdeath
08-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah forgot about terroir too, where it's grown, how, and the soil used also affects this

Krisko
09-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Damn that thai look good im still looking for it around my area and still aint found it, I got to grow it my self do any1 know a website I can get tha seeds from?

DTRave420
09-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Damn that thai look good im still looking for it around my area and still aint found it, I got to grow it my self do any1 know a website I can get tha seeds from?

DNA Genetics has a strain called Chocolope...

OG Chocolate Thai x Cannalope-95%sativa / 5%indica

It's also can be purchased (fem) although Rhino doesn't carry it yet...

Chocolope is my next grow after I finish my OrangeBud...:420thought:

Breukelen advocaat
09-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Chocolate Thai, the real stuff imported from Thailand, is good but does not come close to the best Thai stick weed.

DTRave420
09-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Chocolate Thai, the real stuff imported from Thailand, is good but does not come close to the best Thai stick weed.

Yeah I hear ya Breukelen...The last time I smoked real Thai-weed was in 76 the first year I started smokin...It was $15 a stick and to this day ,I'll never forget the delicious taste of that smoke as it went through my nose...Best I ever smoked...:420thought:

GoddessHerb
09-13-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm too young to have ever had the elusive Choclate Thai and I haven't yet made my way to Thailand but I have heard the lore and all I can say is I was born 20 years too late :(

Most everything is some version of Dutch strains save for the pure Cali Hippy and Reeferman strains. I'd like to get some of the Ortega I've heard so much about :D mmmmm or even the Orange Velvet original that Ms. Jill from TGA has been working with lately.

There definately have been some good things created in the last decade but nothing matches the old school strains of legend, or so I'm told :sadcrying IMHO most younger people wouldn't want to have those old school strains as they are more difficult to get dense unseeded buds and grow gigantic and don't do well indoors. It is a sad fact that in the west indoor is most popular and that has forever changed the cannabis we all have access to. Perhaps when it is legalized we can change this and once again the old school strains will be king or queen as it were. ;)

Blessed be~

MIDNIGHTspecial
09-13-2008, 03:41 AM
If you made hash from this stuff, I wonder if it too would taste like chocolate. That would be some awesome stealth hash: "I don't know what you're talking about officer, it's just chocolate, I swear!"

215helpsme
09-13-2008, 05:40 AM
I had some chocolate thai that was the prettiest shade of purple. Delicious taste, very very advanced, there were so many flavors! The best part is that the 3rd hit tasted just as good as the first!:jointsmile: I wish i had a pic, it looked phenomenal as well!

weedmaster
09-13-2008, 06:34 AM
never tried the chocolate but can remember the thai sticks i use to get back in the 80's, good shit:jointsmile:

zlessley
11-18-2008, 04:29 AM
got 5 chocolate thai seeds here... found someone in the uk (draw oh, props!) that's keeping the strain alive, he's inbred it a couple times, and when asked how he chose the parents, he replied "dankness, basically the biggest, fattest, stickiest parents." I'm excited.. gonna go plant them now :) wish me luck! If anybody's in MT I'd be happy to pass on a cutting

JohnWaynebud
11-23-2008, 10:40 PM
That weed was the first variety I grew, and it was more potent than anything else I ever smoked! I got a bag of choc tie in Long Island from a friend, and it was mildly hallucinagenic. I remember that we smoked it and watched Phil Collins play all of the instruments while singing in the air tonight at the end of some late night talk show... that was an incredible auditory experience.

There are a couple of websites that offer thai weed, but you might wanna try some Lao weed as well, because they grow a shitload more weed and opium in Laos than they do in Thailand my friend. I will look for the websites and post them if I can find them again.