PDA

View Full Version : Stairway to Stealth

Rezinator
08-19-2005, 02:14 AM
1st Female ever,
on 6 CFLs,
Unknowns species.

Decided this grow should go down for learning LST / Scrog.

She is looking healthy and no ferts yet.
Will fert through flowering.
Plant has approximately 24 cola tips.

See picture:
I need that dimension to establish cabinet height. Fan will be on top and
stealthed seperately.

You notice my prob that plant was 53" when began to train over to
final height from basement floor which has this cool 15" deep but 22" high
footing extension.

The stalk should make it down to 32" level from pot bottom since it is still flexible.

Have to bend her in 3 dimensions. Woo. Rush. Escher art. <g>

The cabinet will sit on footing. The pot will be outside cabinet and
stealthed seperately.
I doubt that whole stalk needs to stay in the dark but I guess we'll find out about that.

Will establish stalk entry - cab skin will be that 3/16 masonite that has one
side enameled white - thin but ridgid.

Height of 6 CFL assembly will adjust on those metal shelves tracks. The kind with the triangular shaped sheet metal protrusions.
Found these cool fixtures that hold 3 CFL real slick like.

As for half the stalk and the pot being outside flowering box... well.. I'll give conventional another shot next year. Do not try this at home.

Anyway. Please tell me if you can what you think I can expect for height of bud growth to maturity.

Also need to know how many weeks a plant this old might take to get there once 12/12 begins. She was raised on 24/7 with about 2 and a half weeks of 17/7, 18/6 or so. Didn't clock vegging religiously this time out, but will during the 12/12.

Harddon, Zandor,
This is plant that will go into 5 gal if only so I can throw more perlite and let any outer roots have the air and --- ??? would worm castings ??? be good during the transplant?

Then finally

Have some Peter's 20-20-20 I was planning to introcude as first nutrients.
I know - start easy - ?? 40-50% strength ?? in bottled distilled water.

But if I don't soak her down too much on first 50% strength feeding, can I do a FULL strength at say second watering maybe 6 or 7 days after that?

Damn - gotta check Ph still too

Thanks to everyone. Derelicts.

Rezinator
08-19-2005, 02:17 AM
Plan for establishing cabinet height for scrogging older plant.

Rezinator
08-19-2005, 03:14 PM
8" ?

10" ?

12" ?

Free virtual Hawaiian vacation ??

Zandor
08-19-2005, 04:41 PM
What you are planning requires clones. You can fit many plants in a small space and do a low quick grow. SOG is where you grow single colas very small only about 3/4 to 1.5 oz per plant. They are grown close together and require cool temperatures and plenty of air movement with top light. The height required in a minimum of 48" if you have AC to keep the temperature down. More like you need about 6'-7' to help deal with heat. Once you start tying the plant down you are no longer doing a SOG, tying plants requires side room as well as top space. You could crop short and flower early that will keep the plant no bigger then 18" tall at finish and still have some yield. Cropping extends the vegetation period by as much as 3 weeks but the plant will stay short and have more flowers then the single cola.

Do one or the other you just need to pick.

Rezinator
08-20-2005, 05:16 AM
Zandor, Anyone

Will start focusing on cloning info.
Meanwhile here she stands, er, bends.
Note: Bend is from training.
Embarassed I didnâ??t have these decisions made at germination. Outdoor Indoor.

She has approx. 24 shoot tips but - nube that I am - suspect I triggered flowering and that I am beating her up by still giving her 18/6 until the box (with SCROG screen) is done).

Growing has slowed since day I could definitely confirm pistils. Zandor, understood you to mean my horizontal section of stalk would continue to grow but I thot I read that once into flowering (12/12), her overall size growth would slow to a crawl.

???
From this pic can anybody tell if sheâ??s still a candidate for cloning or not?

???
Re: temps for cloning,
are you talkin less than 76f? Because even without AC; with CFLs, and a blower vented hood - plus use flashing to box-off (seal away) the balasts to exaustâ??s manifold say, I am pretty sure the concrete floor can give the box maybe 69f degree intake air without AC. [Yeah I know $80 ACâ??s but pitiful truth of it is, non-partaking gal might say â??chop itâ? if I press it much further.]

Câ??mon altogehter now...

...Iâ??m Tiehhhhd to the wippinâ?? post. Tieehhhd to the whippinâ?? post.
Oh lord, sometimes I feel like Iâ??m a dyhhhahnâ??.
nan nan nan nan nan nan nan nahhnnn nahhnnn nahhnnn.
nan nan nan nan nan nan nan nahhnnn nahhnnn nahhnnn.

Allman Brothers