PDA

View Full Version : New to growing

almigster
08-15-2005, 01:34 AM
I have been smoking for a while and recently decided to start growing. To tell you the truth I do not know much about growing but I have a good knowledge of pot in general. I plan on ordering some seeds online and after I get those, I am going to start growing in my closet in my room. First of all what do I need? Suggested lights, fertilizer, etc. Also how long will it take for my crop to grow ( I know it really depends on the strain but an estimate). Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sheist
08-17-2005, 12:11 PM
suggested light - fluorescent.. especially CFLs, more powerful, energy efficient.. cheap..

no ferts for first few weeks.. no nutes, nada.. jus water n light.. i'm assumin ur doin regular soil growth.. get soil without added nutes.. make sure its jus regular stuff or ur screwed.. as much as u hear miracle grow work for plants, do NOT use it.. get the seeds germinated n come back wit Q's

BTW u posted in the wrong area..

almigster
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the advise. Why do you say this is in the wrong area? I am planning on growing in my closet and wanted to know everything I will need before I get started.

sheist
08-17-2005, 05:15 PM
lol well to my understanding, the question was searching for primary basic materials to start... this forum is to discuss the closet itself, its effectiveness in growing the plant, its construction, etc..

Nochowderforyou
08-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the advise. Why do you say this is in the wrong area? I am planning on growing in my closet and wanted to know everything I will need before I get started.

There is a lot of info. needed when it comes to growing. It isn't something you can read about in a n hour and understand. I suggest going to FAQ's here on this site. They don't have a lot right now because they just started it, but go here:

www.overgrow.com

Go to the FAQ's at the top of the page. I have learned all the basics of growing there. Very helpful website. Hope this helps, good luck! Peace.

Garden Knowm
08-19-2005, 07:00 AM
HID

Zero Revolt
08-19-2005, 07:46 AM
It takes quite some time to learn how to grow (good) cannabis. I would go to a local bookstore such as Barnes & Noble or Borders and pick yourself up a growing guide. Yes these bookstores sell cannabis books. You can find them in the gardening section. Click on the link in my signature below to see what book I use. And by the way don't use fluros for growing. Go with a High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide light because fluro's suck ass big time. I hope you know that building a proffesional closet garden is by no means cheap but if you sell some of what you grow then you'll make your money back easily. My closet garden is 8 feet tall and 3 feet wide and below is some of the equipment I use and what I paid for it.

400 watt High Pressure Sodium Light Kit with a Eye Hotilux HPS Bulb $150
Two Wall Mounted Fans $20
50 Feet Mylar (2mm Gauge) $20
Heavy Duty Light Timer $10
Electronic Pest Detterant (Optional) $10
180CFM Active Air Exhaust Fan $50

You have to remember this. The construction phase of your grow room is very important. If it is poorly designed then your plants will suffer greatly and all of your hard work will be in vain. A closet growers greatest problems are heat buildup and air circulation. If you don't have these issues under control before you start growing then chances are you will not be sucsessful. Here is a great site for buying the things you need. The layout is not the best but the prices cannot be beat. www.mdhydro.com
Hope this was of help to you and good luck. For quality cannabis seeds I'll send you to www.seedsdirect.to as the prices are excellent compared to the others and they give free seeds with every order. Considering they are in England the turnaround time in which you recieve your seeds is very fast. 7 to 9 days maximum.

69NovAss
08-26-2005, 10:01 PM
I'd only grow HID for veg and flower, tons more light intensity than any floro.

marko19
07-01-2010, 10:04 AM
It takes quite some time to learn how to grow (good) cannabis. I would go to a local bookstore such as Barnes & Noble or Borders and pick yourself up a growing guide. Yes these bookstores sell cannabis books. You can find them in the gardening section. Click on the link in my signature below to see what book I use. And by the way don't use fluros for growing. Go with a High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide light because fluro's suck ass big time. I hope you know that building a proffesional closet garden is by no means cheap but if you sell some of what you grow then you'll make your money back easily. My closet garden is 8 feet tall and 3 feet wide and below is some of the equipment I use and what I paid for it.

400 watt High Pressure Sodium Light Kit with a Eye Hotilux HPS Bulb $150
Two Wall Mounted Fans $20
50 Feet Mylar (2mm Gauge) $20
Heavy Duty Light Timer $10
Electronic Pest Detterant (Optional) $10
180CFM Active Air Exhaust Fan $50

You have to remember this. The construction phase of your grow room is very important. If it is poorly designed then your plants will suffer greatly and all of your hard work will be in vain. A closet growers greatest problems are heat buildup and air circulation. If you don't have these issues under control before you start growing then chances are you will not be sucsessful. Here is a great site for buying the things you need. The layout is not the best but the prices cannot be beat. www.mdhydro.com
Hope this was of help to you and good luck. For quality cannabis seeds I'll send you to www.seedsdirect.to as the prices are excellent compared to the others and they give free seeds with every order. Considering they are in England the turnaround time in which you recieve your seeds is very fast. 7 to 9 days maximum.

uno the score