PDA

View Full Version : 1st grow log

stickygreenlightsabr
08-12-2005, 11:05 PM
You can see the cabinet and setup I am using in this thread: http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=27031

I threw in 4 Nirvana NLxBB seeds in cup of RO water on Wednesday. I checked them Thursday morning and three started showing taproot so I put them in rockwool cubes about 1/4' down. The cubes were presoaked in 6.0 water 10 min prior... oh well. I then put the cubes in a small box and covered it with a plastic bag. The box went under the bed and stayed around 75 degrees.

Today one of them started peeking through the cube. I'll be updating this thread frequently as the growing continues.

Zandor
08-13-2005, 02:29 AM
I see you are using Rockwool, I'll be nice...lol

Good luck I'm sure you will be fine, great job on the cabinet.

Peace

stickygreenlightsabr
08-13-2005, 03:20 PM
What's the deal with rockwool... how do YOU germinate seeds? :)

Zandor
08-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Peat moss pellets, they wash off very clean and easy once I'm ready to transplant them. Nothing is held close to the root ball to cause nutrient miss-balance or Ph problems I control everything, no guessing, no other issues. I just learned my lesson many years ago.

<Hint> You may want to cover the top of your Rockwool or Alga will start to grow. </Hint>

That's just me I'm sure you will be fine.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-13-2005, 05:18 PM
I have this laying around the house that was ironicly meant for legal herbs

http://www.ferry-morse.com/product_view.asp?id=301

Thoughts? I've come across info that says don't use #7 pellets for MJ but don't know what that means. I will try these out next time if you think they are worthwhile.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Oh, one more thing... when should I throw them under the light, when the stem has uncurled and the seed leaves are showing?

I think I busted a bozo move and put them under the light to early or too close. It never got over 77 degrees but the stems turned dark purple and I think they are toast. God damn it, those were my 4 best looking seeds too!

I'm starting over and filing this one under "over-enthusiastic", "impatient", and most importantly "lesson learned". 4 more seeds are being dunked in water tonight.

So now it's rockwool vs. those peat pellets I have for round #2.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Was out most of the day and left 3 of the 4 toasty seedlings alone in a drawer. Two of them are still growing so I will keep those and hope the other one shows signs of life. Just to be safe I threw in 3 more seeds in a cup of water.

I've casually germinated bagseeds with 100% success in the past. Funny that I mess things up the first time I try to do it "right", lol.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Here they are not looking so dark purple anymore. There is still slight discoloration at the bend but they seem to be a-ok.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-16-2005, 03:51 PM
The seed leaves never really formed. Once the seed leaves began to open up there was already a set of normal leaves formed. It has been 5 days since I planted the seed and this is what it looks like, is this normal or maybe due to the light burn? The stem looks orange/brown towards the base and green towards the leaves. The seedling is 1" tall from the medium. It has been under a 20W light for 3 days.

sheist
08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
yeah, looks like light burn, poor little thing..

Zandor
08-17-2005, 05:04 PM
I was out of town.

Are you feeding them nutrients?

What Ph are you using, you need to also measure the run off water too.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-17-2005, 06:07 PM
I am not feeding nutes, just RO water at around 6.0 ph. They were all soaked in a cup of water the night before.

The 4 that got "lightburned" were soaked in a cup of water for 24h. Then in a root cube that was soaked with 6.0 water covered in a plastic bag. 2 are now dead and one looks to join them by tomorrow. The only reason one of them looks good is because it's barely starting to sprout. The dead ones had very skinny long roots and stems.

The next 3 were in a cup of water for 12hr. Then put in root cube that was pre-soaked 24hr with 5.2 water. Those were kept in a plastic bag in a drawer for 3 days.

On the third day I saw no sprouts in the morning. I was gone ALL day and when I came back I saw 2 upside-down "U" shaped seedlings starting to show and the 3rd was about 3/4" tall, bent over, with seed leaves as big as the ones planted 3 days prior. Me = wtf. Oh, and it was white with red, almost like it was an albino... all 3 of them were.

I put those immediately under a 20W light overnight. This morning they looked perfectly green and healthy looking. Then... I dropped them all about a foot and they all landed plant side down after rolling a bit... haha... sigh. Things are going great!

The first pic is last night at 11pm. The second pic is this morning at 11am.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I have not thought to check run off water but I have not seen any anyways. Should I keep the cubes elevated over a grate instead of putting them over mylar as I'm doing now?

stickygreenlightsabr
08-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Plants look better after their skydiving lesson.

I used greek alphabet for shits and giggles. Plants in order...

alpha: first sprouted from 2nd set
beta: second from 2nd set
gamma: third from 2nd set
delta: last one to sprout from 1st set
epsilon: dying one from the 1st set, boo!

stickygreenlightsabr
08-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Group shot...

MeatRulz
08-17-2005, 11:42 PM
hard to really see em but from what i can see ur doing good but what is that there growing in sand?

stickygreenlightsabr
08-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks. They are cubes made of rockwool.

I'm having the best luck. The fan blew over 3 cubes last night (water evaporated and made them light enough to push), they landed upside down and they are now in the trash. I put the remaining two cubes (alpha and beta) in a shallow tupperware to keep them in place, they are doing fine. I just threw in the last 3 seeds in a cup of water... que la chingada puta madre...

Pics of them right now. 2nd pic shows them inside cabinet with the light out of the way.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-18-2005, 05:51 PM
I punched the fan when I realized it blew them over. That's why the buttons are all pushed in :rolleyes:

stickygreenlightsabr
08-19-2005, 05:07 AM
I'm watering the 2" cubes based on their weight. I water them twice daily to 50g, dry weight without seedling is 10g.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Decided to make a 23"x21" supoprt to section off the bottom while the plants are still small. This way I have better visibility, manuverability, and circulation control. Temp at canopy is a steady 79 degrees with the AC running in a high setting now. This keeps the clothes in the closet oh-so-warm and wrinkle free :). Cables are a mess because I'm still "experimenting".

stickygreenlightsabr
08-20-2005, 05:38 AM
Bought a fan from Walmart to draw more air between light and plants.

Also bought a timer for the AC. Set it to start 10 min before lights turn on to fill cabinet with cool air first. My 18/6 dark period is from 4pm to 10pm.

Alpha and beta are still looking fine. I transplanted them and sowed 3 seeds in 4" pots filled with Sunshine Mix #1. The three seeds have not sprouted yet.

Photo taken with wide angle lens.

Joel
08-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Sticky, I would suggest updating once a week, not once a day... it fills the thread up with non sense.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-20-2005, 06:16 PM
I usually don't mind reading other peoples threads when it has a lot of information on what they did. Maybe someone will catch something stupid I'm doing before I notice? Maybe someone will say they don't care and rather update once a week? Who knows.

I'm just posting often right now since this is my first time getting started. I won't fill this thread with something I could consider nonsense... like super close up angle shots of my new Superthrive bottle. Or maybe daily pics on my flowering update.

Zandor
08-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Great thread Sticky keep up the good work, I'm sure others will learn right along with you.

Good job, Props to you dude

Joel
08-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Ahhh you have prooven me wrong again sticky ;). Goodjob there sticky.

robert42
08-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Nice man ;)

Goodjob

keep it goin keep us updated. stand proud :p

stickygreenlightsabr
08-23-2005, 07:54 PM
One more sprouted last night. Still waiting on 2 more (covered the pot with paper towel to keep soil from drying out fast). This batch was planted in Sunshine Mix #1 and has been fed Superthrive water (2 drops per gallon).

I felt uncomfortable with the roots sticking out on alpha and beta so early so I put them in 4" pots on Friday. Maybe I was too stoned and paranoid. But anyways, they started showing their second set of true leaves yesterday. I've been feeding them Superthrive water too.

I tested peat pellets with Basil and decided to put one in the cabinet for shits and giggles. It's a Herb reunion! Thanks to those that have been following this thread.

Zandor
08-23-2005, 08:37 PM
You don't need to give then any more nutrients then what you have. You should just stick to Ph adjusted water for this stage. You only need to give them one feeding of the superthrive very week and it will last.

Trust me it will last.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok, gotcha.

The bag for the Sunshine Mix was ripped and streched in the back so not sure if they recommend a Ph. I'm using 6.0.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-23-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm watering every 2-3 days, should I look for a certain amount to runoff before I stop watering?

HARDDON
08-23-2005, 10:49 PM
No certain amount of runoff is required.

Just make sure its runoff coming from the interior of the plant soil, and not seepage from the edges of the pot.

As for the SuperThrive, I still fed them that every single water.

You cant really over do it on superthrive, and man this shit does work.

I do a couple of drops per pint. Even though it says one drop per gallon. I have now come to just pour actually several drops into a water bottle and water them.

They seem to love it.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Hmm, I'll continue thinking about that...

One more sprouted this morning. I shall call it Theta!

alpha: Day 8 since sprout
beta: Day 8 since sprout
eta: Day 2 since sprout
theta: Day 1

The stems on a&b are noticably thinner than e&t. Could this be due to the fact that a&b tumbled a few times? lol

stickygreenlightsabr
08-26-2005, 10:55 PM
5th seed never sprouted.

I bought four 25W FluoreX full spectrum CFL bulbs from Walmart. With the 125W CFL, that brings me to 225W & 14,400 lumens for veg.

Melton420
08-29-2005, 03:35 AM
nice job

stickygreenlightsabr
08-29-2005, 05:29 AM
Thanks Melton. Great icon, too.

stickygreenlightsabr
08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Quick pic update.

alpha: day 14
beta: day 14
eta: day 8
theta: day 6

BigSlakah
08-30-2005, 07:21 AM
Those plants look awesome. Hoping mine will be same, Booya.

Yay for LIttle Baby MJ Plants!

stickygreenlightsabr
09-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Any advice on when to start adding nutes?

Thanks Slakah.

stickygreenlightsabr
09-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Pic update:

I've been scratching my head over why the plants seem to be taking a shit on themselves...

beta: First one to show signs of the chupacabra. Only plant with overall light green color.

alpha: Unlike beta, this plant is not yellowing but has black tips... wtf?

theta: Looks like it will end up like beta if this continues...

eta: NO PROBLEMS, YAY! (watch this one be a male)

Temps are normal. Humidity is normal. No nutes have been fed, just plain ol' RO water.

HARDDON
09-08-2005, 04:20 PM
They'll be fine but they are struggling a bit.

The one with no brown is going to turn brown shortly as well.

Stick with good water pH to 6.8

I would suspect their roots stytems are not developing. You might try adding some schultz rooting hormone pwder to their water. That ownt hurt and may give them the boost.

What kinda of water are you using?

They will grow out of this funk but they also need better lighting than that flourex junk :D

stickygreenlightsabr
09-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Hah, well I thought those flurex's were decent being full spectrum and all. Is 225W worth of CFL's not enough for 4sqft and 4 plants, or should I ditch the 100W of flourex and get something else?

Money doesn't grow on tress for me, yet... :) so I don't know how much more $ i can put in this project at this point.

I'm using this water: http://www.glacierwater.com/quality.htm

Then I bump the ph to 6.5-7.0.

A few days ago I saw some roots while looking at the drain holes. One of them looked really fuzzy at the tip and I wasn't sure they were root hairs or maybe some kind of mold? The fuzz and roots were same coloro.

I don't know, lack of experience on my part. The roots have since moved around so it's not there anymore.

Gonna pick up some rooting hormone today and water.

HARDDON
09-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Hah, well I thought those flurex's were decent being full spectrum and all. Is 225W worth of CFL's not enough for 4sqft and 4 plants, or should I ditch the 100W of flourex and get something else?

To answer your question directly, no, i dont think 225W worth of CFL's will be able to cover 4 sq. I know for a fact it will not.

Perhaps when they are youngsters they 'might' sffice, but your lack of growth is what concerns me. The bottom shit is another issue, but may or may not be related.

I think lack of lights would result in stretched growth so I am not so sure that is the main cause. I think its either the water splash or root stressed issues.

How were these germinated.......in soil or paper?

As for your lights....are they the Lights of America brand?

stickygreenlightsabr
09-08-2005, 11:29 PM
alpha and beta were in water for 24h then placed in rockwool. I kept them in bag in a drawer till they popped.

eta and theta were in water for 12h then placed in 4" pot of sunshine mix #1. I put them in the cabinet and covered the pot with paper towels till they emerged.

The Flourex are Lights of America and the 125W is EzHydroKit.com brand. I have another 125W bulb but it's 2700K spectrum.

I dunno... the original plan was to veg with 225W and flower one female with at least 300W... all CFL. :confused:

HARDDON
09-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Fret not...you can flower all the way with CFL, and that 2700K will help.

But lets not worry about that yet......Lets focus on getting your girls growing first.

Now you got me perplexed.......

I dont think I have seen a pic of your space...

lets start there :)

stickygreenlightsabr
09-09-2005, 02:57 PM
My setup is ghetto rigged right now since I took off the reflector and added the extra lights.

I plan on getting a square piece of wood to hang the lights from like in your setup.

HARDDON
09-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Ok....

what kind of containers are they in?

do they have holes in the bottom?

does that foil trap the water and let it sit in the bottom?

And what kind of water are you using?

HARDDON
09-09-2005, 03:14 PM
and what is that brownish muck on your soil surface that is making a circle around your stems?

stickygreenlightsabr
09-10-2005, 01:41 AM
They are in 4" pots.

They have holes in the bottom

The foil is only wrapped along the sides of the pot, not under.

this is the water im using: http://www.glacierwater.com/quality.htm

brownish muck in which pictures? maybe the rockwool or browned perlite balls?

stickygreenlightsabr
09-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Leached plants yesterday with water+ 1/4 strength 6-4-4 Fox Farm Big Grow. Their first shot of nutes!

I woke to find they have grown the most overnight since they first popped out. Hope that's a good sign...

masterg
09-12-2005, 11:26 PM
hey sticky man, i like where this grow is going, my plants on its 16th day in seedling/veg stage, everygrow ive done has all had bad yellowing brow leafs then theyve died, so im gklad yours are still going strong, this plant i got now is doin the same but survivng quite good, 1 of the plants looks like its being overwatered from what i read of overgrow.com.
i like this forum grow as wer'e round about the same stage, my plant looks smaller than yours though, how old is yours man?
Good grow though, cheerz

stickygreenlightsabr
09-13-2005, 01:48 AM
Thanks masterg. It looks like the funk is either slowing down or has stopped and growth has taken over.

The two oldest plants (bottom) are at day 28.
The top two are at day 20 and 22.

masterg
09-13-2005, 07:03 PM
hey sticky, i transplanted my plants 2day, they bin alive 17 dayz and gave them some epsom salt cause it contains magnesium and its meant to solve the yellow leaves, so hopefully that works.
in 2dayz i shall be gettting a digital camera so i can show you where i am roughly,
anywayz keep up the great grow man.

stickygreenlightsabr
09-19-2005, 04:34 AM
How is your yellow leaf problem going along masterg?

Here are updated pics from today. I decided to start LST yesterday to keep an even canopy for the CFL's. They are doing SO MUCH BETTER NOW than before, it's almost amazing how much of a beatdown they can take.

I plan on flowering Oct 6 to harvest around Dec 6 + curing = homegrown buds right after my last final of my last semester of undergraduate college. Booyakasha.

Question though...

The plants are 4-5 weeks old in 4" pots and want to transplant to 3 gal pots. Should I transplant before I flower... how much in advance?

stickygreenlightsabr
09-22-2005, 04:20 AM
I have three confirmed pre-flowering females. I hope the 4th one doesn't have its balls tucked under it's branches.

I present my whores...

ANNA NICOLE (aka alpha)
BRITNEY (aka beta)
STAR JONES (aka eta, the biggest one)

A&B surprised me since those two went through hell the first couple weeks, lol. Pics to come tomorrow...

chonged
09-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi Sticky,

keep checking them preflowering females to mak sure they aint chick with dick plants

im just about to start growing as well so i got my own smoke for christmas

:)

stickygreenlightsabr
09-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Upon second thought, I don't want to be reminded of that gelatinous blob every time I look at my plant.

I'll stick with Eta.

Here she is after being transplanted to 2.5 gallon pot.

HARDDON
09-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Looks like you ahve been doing your research.

Looks so good and sweet I cant see anyway to improve upon your efforts :)

stickygreenlightsabr
09-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks HARDDON. I'm gonna try to be all Picasso with the tying.

Here's what she looks like today.

stickygreenlightsabr
09-30-2005, 09:23 PM
This is Anna Nicole now untied. I still haven't found a home for her.

She's getting lanky since she's in the corner while Eta is under the lights. But damn, she looks nice and healthy.

HARDDON
10-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanks HARDDON. I'm gonna try to be all Picasso with the tying.

Here's what she looks like today.

The pic on the right doesnt need any tieing :D

The secondaries are up and large and healthy. I wouldn't fuck with her. Really...

Now the other lanky one....thats the one that needs to be tieds :)

The other pic looks like a really great mother plant candidate.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-01-2005, 05:43 AM
Yea I'm done with the tying. I just wanted an even canopy to start off with. From this point on I will let them grow at their own pace.

What minimum of CFL watts would you recommend for a mother?

stickygreenlightsabr
10-04-2005, 03:52 PM
This pic was taken Sunday. I like.

BigSlakah
10-04-2005, 08:48 PM
So pwetty...smell like heaven :-)

stickygreenlightsabr
10-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Started 12/12 today with 293W of 2700K CFLs.

Dropped something on plant today and basically broke off a secondary. It also damaged a small part of the main stem.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

For shits and giggles I'm trying to clone the busted part. I doubt it will work since I did it too casually.

Fuckin' A.

sharpezor
10-11-2005, 08:17 AM
nice grow man, especialy for the 1st time. I wish i could grow, thats the 1st thing im doing when i move out.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Thanks Sharpezor, it's been fun and not difficult thus far.

Pic update, day 12 flowering. I didn't bother getting closeup pics with this cam.

Slight bulb burn on some leafs. I underestimated the speed of her growth.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Quick update from this morning:

Pic 1: setup, with AC being fed to fan or else temps soar past 100
Pic 2: the closest bud to the door, one of the smaller ones.
Pic 3: the cola formerly known as the main cola

dboy
10-18-2005, 11:08 PM
What is your usual temperature in that box with the fan running? I bet your girlies would cook at 100F. By the way your plants look great.

Dboy

turtle420
10-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Hey sticky!

I've got a very similar question to dboy's... What's your average temperature with the fans getting air from the a/c ?

Do you recirculate this air inside the box, or remove it to a carbon filter/scrubber?

Do you have your a/c running the same time you've got your lights turned ON ?
Is that a/c purely for the plants? Or do you use that same air to cool the air inside your room?

Thanks sticky... I've got some questions about your setup that might help me with my problems. Thanks!

-turtle420 :cool:

stickygreenlightsabr
10-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Right now it's at 75.2 degrees. Depends on how high I set the AC. As long as it's under 80 I'm happy.

You can see where the temperature probe is at on the first pic. Just follow the black cable on the bottom left.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Turtle,

I actually have no odor control. Mainly because the cabinet went in the closet before I finished and now I'm too lazy to pull it and mess with it.

When I had 3 plants I'd come home from school, walk in the room and get a nice subtle smell of fresh herbs. I liked it and it wasn't obvious at all (I have a 20" box fan on my window sucking air out my room also).

The plant I ended up keeping was the least smelling so now I don't smell anything outside the box. My gf thinks it smells like cat piss when you sniff the buds.

The AC is only on when the lights are on. It is purely for the plants but the heat the unit produces almost doubles as a room heater.

Hope that helps. I'll be glad to answer any other Qs you have.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-19-2005, 12:33 AM
ACTUALLY....

I didn't have odor control until 2 weeks ago.

I installed this: http://www.webproducts.com/furnace_ac/absorber.html from Home Depot because I already had it around the house.

If you look at post #21 you can see a white grate. I put the filter between the grate and cabinet.

BukDatAss
10-19-2005, 03:32 AM
Damn your plants look really good. I cant believe your doing so good just being on CFLs after so much crap that people talk. Keep up with the post ups n pix its quite interesting and informative.

Newgodsgrace
10-19-2005, 04:53 AM
you have a nice grow room Sticky :cool:

Doobie Joint
10-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Your plants look very healthy! Keep it up. I haven't heard much crap about CFL's (at least not for clones and veg.) I have a 20 site cloner in a 2by2 grow box. You and Hardon were talking about wattage for 4sq ft. and i was wondering. I am using a full spectrum 125 W (6400K) CFL for my clone box. Do you think that is enough light until I put them in 6inch pots under my 430 w HPS? I just want my plants to look as green as yours, and this face :D

stickygreenlightsabr
10-20-2005, 01:49 PM
BukDatAss: I know what you mean. I was weary to use CFLs but my growing situation didn't allow for HPS. I'm pretty impressed so far with the results.

Newgodsgrace: Thanks :)

Doobie Joint: I'm by no means an authority here but yea that's enough light. Do you plan on rooting them or both root/veg in there? I've never put more than 6 root cubes under the lights so I'd just be worried about fitting 20 :) If you look at post #20, the 125W bulb + reflector did a good job at distributing the light. Mylar helped tremendously.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-28-2005, 01:46 AM
The plant was moved last Thursday to a friends house. Transporting in a small 2 door was interesting.

He is new to growing and has two spare rooms which we converted into a flowering room (4'x6' and 360W HPS) and a mother/clone room (4'x4' 225W CFL).

I've been using 28 drops (per bottle directions per gallon, should I be using a different amount?) of 2-7-7 Schultz Cactus ferts, 2 drops Superthrive and 2tbsp epsom salt per gallon of RO water. Final pH of 6.8. I water every 2-3 days and with nutes every other watering.

RastaKaze
10-28-2005, 02:24 AM
Sounds fine but bring down the cactus juice to about 11 drops a gallon.

"flowering room (4'x6' and 360W HPS)"

This won't suffice... That's only enough power to light less then half of your room. You need to think about doubling your lighting at least, if you have the desire for decent fruits :rasta: Or downsize your flowering room by atleast half...

stickygreenlightsabr
10-28-2005, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the fert advice.

Thats the size of the small room but were only using half of that space for growing. My plant is also alone under the light.

RastaKaze
10-28-2005, 05:28 AM
No problem, that's actually the dosage 9skis reccomended me.. as to the flowering room.. just make sure the light is contained so you get maximum use of it, One plant can do REALLY well alone under 360 watts if you have a reflector and a good fan

stickygreenlightsabr
10-28-2005, 02:36 PM
I'll hopefully have some pics by next week of both rooms.

I have a bunch of mylar that I could use on the flower room. Would hot spots be a problem?

stickygreenlightsabr
11-06-2005, 01:23 AM
I'm at day 30 of flower. Things are nominal except for a few days where it got 90+ and some yellowing occured.

Anyone have any tips or things I should have my eye on? I've heard/read to stop giving it nutes ~2 weeks before.

Kurtfolder
11-06-2005, 04:38 AM
how much could you get off that plant? an oz.?

new at this
11-09-2005, 06:39 PM
hi could you tell me on where i could purchase a fan like the one you have.

stickygreenlightsabr
11-11-2005, 03:56 AM
That yellow one? It's a Stanley fan and they sell it at Walmart for like $20. They have a bigger version of it too.

dopefiend
11-12-2005, 03:10 AM
does the one plant smell while its flowering

stickygreenlightsabr
11-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Yea, but this strains phenotype has a very faint smell. Almost smells like cat piss.

The mother plant, same bag of seeds, has that typical pungent odor.

This strain is supposed to be "low odor".

zman0185
11-13-2005, 07:04 AM
hey nice grow.just wonderin how long u leave them in the dark now that u are in your flowering stage?ive heard some people go 24 hour of dark and others 20dark/4 lights on.whats workin for u?whatever it is its deffinetly impressive...

BigSlakah
11-13-2005, 07:59 AM
umm dude try 12 on 12 off for flowring that is the standard and i know for a fact that these are on 12/12 as well :-)

stickygreenlightsabr
11-14-2005, 03:24 PM
I take back what I said last about it smelling like cat piss.

It now smells very fruity, like mango!

imahimon
11-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Hey sticky,
nice grow...
I too am atarting a CFL grow next week. :)

Cheers,
Ima.

billybo
11-24-2005, 06:42 PM
nice nice nice

stickygreenlightsabr
11-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Today starts week 7 flower!

These pics were taken this past Saturday the 19th.

They got a bit crispy a few weeks ago due to high outdoor temps and inadequate caretaking. Also, one of the medium sized branches mysteriously broke off. Unfortunately the plant has not been in my possession and thus I don't have total control of the situation.

Any guesses on yield? I'm hoping for ~2oz.

stickygreenlightsabr
11-24-2005, 08:23 PM
The other plant in pic #1 is alpha/annanicole.

She's been vegged for 3 months and my friend just threw her into 12/12, lol. I think it's going to be as tall as a yeti.

MaraJawanna
11-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Man You have nice plants man !! You gotta help me on my first grow ok. I'm growing now. How'd you get your plant to form so early what did you use. It takes my seeds 24 hours too 3 or 4 days to germinate and I use the paper towel method. Is there a easier way?

stickygreenlightsabr
11-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks MJ.

Up to 4 days is normal, it all depends on the quality of the beans.

I soaked the seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours or until I saw the root, whichever comes first. This way the seeds are immersed in water which penetrates the shell quickly and stimulates the root to pop out. Some people add a few drops of Superthrive to the water.

Afterwards you can just plant it 1/4"-1/2" deep in soil or rockwool like I did. I used a small spoon to fish them out of the cup, just be careful with the root.

stickygreenlightsabr
11-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Pics from Friday, Day 50 flower.

I dunno, I think the 3rd pic looks neat. :stoned: :dance:

Gruffy
12-02-2005, 04:47 AM
Very impressed sticky
ive been sat here for 20 mins readin your grow ...Very impressive i have learned a lot from you :D

rastagal
12-02-2005, 11:16 AM
stunning, well done!! I hope I can reach such heights of glory with my lil baby:)

rastagal

mand
12-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Hello Sticky :) I'm ever so sorry love I didn't know you had a journal going, just goes to show that I don't leave the Indoor section very often :o

You've done a really nice job there love, a very nice plant with lots of very nice buds :)

love mand xxx :)

mrabrego
12-03-2005, 05:11 AM
:thumbsup: nice buds sticky, cool growlog. :dance:

stickygreenlightsabr
12-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Sup guys! I harvested yesterday @ day 59 flower.

Manicuring is a pain in the ass! Here are the stems drying in the cabinet. I'll be drying till the 13th and then putting them in glass jars ready to be opened on Christmas day. :dance: :thumbsup: :stoned:

Better pics to come later.

mand
12-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Hello Sticky :) all that off one plant :) and you've done a fabulous job of trimming them as well ;)
That really is a super end result

love mand xxx :)

stickygreenlightsabr
12-06-2005, 07:16 AM
Thanks. As most people, I did some dumb shit along the way but what can you expect for a first time?

I'll tell you what though, I'm happy and impressed with all the knowledge gained from the experience.

Better pic:

stickygreenlightsabr
12-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Nuggie.

syrrus
12-10-2005, 04:11 AM
Ive kept up with your entire grow, and you've done an excellent job. Some great looking nugs there.

Now that your first harvest is over what're your plans for the next grow? You still going to veg in your grow box then flower in another room?

Going to replace your lighting, and if so which lighting system do you think your going to use.

Maybe aeroponics, or hydroponics for the next grow?
CO2 injection?

Would love to know what your plans are for the future.

Harvesthetic
12-10-2005, 04:17 PM
ow man little applause for stickygreenlightsabre :D
great thread, great reading, great harvest!

:dance::dance::dance: :thumbsup: :rasta: :rasta:

stickygreenlightsabr
12-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Today concluded the drying period as I freed the nuggies from the confines of their stems. I now want to lick my fingers but I should have done that before I started typing.

I haven't weighed yet but it's looking like an Oz. Too bad two stems broke off. They are going to be cured until Christmas morning. Joy to the world!

My next grow is currently underway at a friends house. I'm talking about Anna Nicole, the big baddy that I was originally growing. We also have 9 clones that will be vegged until Anna is chopped. Same strain, different phenotype. We're using 225W fluoro for the clones and 400W hortilux for Anna.

As far as my own personal grow goes, I will pick that up sometime in the near future. I'm still undecided whether I will go more stealth for personal use or a closet for surplus.

stickygreenlightsabr
12-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Here is a pic of Anna at 3 weeks flower.

Also, the 9 clones taken from her earlier.

stickygreenlightsabr
01-02-2006, 05:14 PM
21.5g was the total amount.

Low yield, great weed, first time. :thumbsup:

scobbie
01-04-2006, 04:09 PM
yeh mate keep it up i want to learn
one day i will be an expert i will i will

SneakerPimp
01-14-2006, 01:53 AM
was 21.5g from just one plant? Ive been readin the post, but I got lost, so maybe I missed something about your others you had...

allah
09-26-2007, 06:38 AM
21.5g was the total amount.

Low yield, great weed, first time. :thumbsup:

Well, looking at the trichomes (from what I can tell at magnification at least) they look very clear still. This usually means it was harvested a little early. While it cuts down on yield, it can really burst the high that you get. Basically, because you had such a large plant, I would have waited a little longer just to make sure. But that bud you got, I bet is some potent ass weed. So smoke one for me on a job very well done. :smokin::thumbsup::smokin:

EDIT: EH hmm, being the dumbass I am. I read the post dates AFTER I posted...clever. I know. Oh well, maybe the next sap who wanders into this will pick up something useful from what I said.

mark78214
10-08-2007, 09:33 PM
great job sticky was that bagseed and what was the smoke like

stickygreenlightsabr
10-27-2007, 05:27 PM
was 21.5g from just one plant? Ive been readin the post, but I got lost, so maybe I missed something about your others you had...
Yes, this is from the original plant which I started in my closet with CFLs and then moved to a friends house after it started flowering.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, looking at the trichomes (from what I can tell at magnification at least) they look very clear still. This usually means it was harvested a little early. While it cuts down on yield, it can really burst the high that you get. Basically, because you had such a large plant, I would have waited a little longer just to make sure. But that bud you got, I bet is some potent ass weed. So smoke one for me on a job very well done. :smokin::thumbsup::smokin:

EDIT: EH hmm, being the dumbass I am. I read the post dates AFTER I posted...clever. I know. Oh well, maybe the next sap who wanders into this will pick up something useful from what I said.
Yea I thought about that. But the way it made sense it my head was to get less body stone and more head high. It could have waited another week. In the end, it was still very body stoney. It was great.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
great job sticky was that bagseed and what was the smoke like

Not bag seed, Northern Lights crossed with Big Bud from Nirvana seeds. It was very stony and very fruity.

Doc 007
10-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Good details and info. Thanks for posting this up. Working on fine tuning my setup now and found this forum.

Cheers

Grafik303
10-28-2009, 06:17 AM
Oh, one more thing... when should I throw them under the light, when the stem has uncurled and the seed leaves are showing?

I think I busted a bozo move and put them under the light to early or too close. It never got over 77 degrees but the stems turned dark purple and I think they are toast. God damn it, those were my 4 best looking seeds too!

I'm starting over and filing this one under "over-enthusiastic", "impatient", and most importantly "lesson learned". 4 more seeds are being dunked in water tonight.

So now it's rockwool vs. those peat pellets I have for round #2.

actually that could have just been the shell of the seed that hasnt fell off yet but who knows i would of had to see it to tell you