PDA

View Full Version : Noob needing all sorts of help

Cacophony
08-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey, I was thinking about starting a closet grow and I was reading up on bulbs when I read something about Full Spectrum lamps. I heard they were ideal because you could use the same type of lamp through-out the whole process, which for me is ideal. I tried looking around the forums for info on them but I have not seen ANYONE mention them. Are they bogus?

Also, how many plants do you think I could grow and how many watts would I need for an 82" x 36" x 72" (height x base length x base width)? I was thinking about getting a couple of these http://www.grow-light.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?item=475

Anyways, all help is appreciated, Thanks!

Zandor
08-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Enhanced Spectrum H.P.S. Bulbs

Enhanced Spectrum High Pressure Sodium bulbs are color shifted to product more blue than a standard HPS bulb. This makes them great for "one bulb grows all" lighting. They have great red spectrum making them a good flowering bulb, and additional blue spectrum making them an effective vegetative growth bulb, keeping the stems from elongating which can happen with standard HPS bulbs during vegetative growth.

Hortilux is one of the best

They are talked about all over this forum.

Cacophony
08-12-2005, 02:00 AM
Oh okay, thanks. Also, how many watts do you think i would need for that size closet and about 15 plants?

Joel
08-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I think for about 15 plants man you're going to need a bigger space, yet 3/4 of them could turn out male or female.

You also need a correct ballast for the full spectrum lights ( HPS / MH )

If you're going to actually do about 15 plants, I would say you're going to need some where around 600-700w.

Zandor
08-12-2005, 03:57 PM
600w with a cool tube and blower to move the air through the glass tube and vent the heat out the other side.

Cacophony
08-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, I was going to get feminised seeds.

And on this one site... the 1000w is less money than the 600 (wtf) so would it HURT to get a bigger bulb?

Lastly, you are probably right about 15 being too many... would starting out with 5 plants help this? I was planning on getting a full indica strain. How much do you think 5 plants will yeild?

Cacophony
08-12-2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=HP109 oh thats the bulb and i was going to get one of the $217 ballasts that they have there.

Zandor
08-13-2005, 02:23 AM
1000w generates a lot of heat. Just make sure you have a cool tube or vented hood with a glass shield with a good blower to more air through the unit and out of your room.