PDA

View Full Version : Question for Closet growers

Zandor
08-11-2005, 04:32 AM
In a standard C-13 type of cabinet how many plants can you grow?

How many are you growing in your closets?

The usable space is about 28? x 17? x 77?

I just wondering what you all think can be done

Zandor
08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Nobody has an opinion?

Nochowderforyou
08-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I had 2 going in my cab, in my crawlspace closet, in a space about 3ft sq. I had to remove one last night, plated it outside, because of the strong skunky odor :D, and the size of it. An 80% sativa plant is hard to contain in that small of a space. So I still have a Big Blue going and I started germing a few Lowryder beans last night.

"=inches right? So 28inches is about approx. 2ft 4inches, 17"=1.5ft, 77"=7ft 4inches. That is quite some height space there. I guess you could put 2 small indicas in there, but I would want to to take advantage of all that height and grow 1 big sativa. I'd veg with a 400Mh, and flower with about 600Whps, and grow a monster of a bitch.

But what you could do also, is take 3/4 of the bottom space for flowering, and 1/4 of the space for vegging. Have 2 different levels, you know. You could grow 4 plants in each level. Have a small, constant supply of herb. So 4 in flowering, 4 in vegging. I'd take 200W CFL's for vegging, and 250hps for flowering in that space. Give or take one or 2 plants. A small SCrog plan would work great in that space.

Just my 2 cents...:cool:

Bender
08-11-2005, 04:00 PM
my box is 36X48x72. and I can grow 9 easy.;)

Max Blast
08-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Zandor,

Your first post/question sounded like you were asking about actual grows. Since you have asked for opinions I think it will vary greatly depending on strain (indica or sativa) and lighting (watts and if side lighting is used)

I currently have a 1 plant grow in my closet. So far only taking up 1 foot diameter space. I plan to SCROG this plant as soon as I start the 12/12 HPS light cycle (starts tomorrow) I will use a 12" diameter screen just to see what it can produce. Very small grow (Micro-Grow) just to see what can be done.

My next grow is in the planning stages designed to have 4 plants in hydro using about 2'x2' of space. SCROG will allow for relatively low height requirement.(perhaps as low as 36" to 40" total) I am considering a vertical scrog setup to take better advantage of all the light a bulb can produce.

Both grows are experiments in attempting to maximize yield per watt and per square foot of floor space. Closets in homes in my area are generally about 24"x60" or sometimes 30"x72" which will allow for at least 2 of the 2'x2' setups.

regards,
Max Blast

Nochowder, 77" is equal to 6' 5" not 7' 4".

Nochowderforyou
08-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Nochowder, 77" is equal to 6' 5" not 7' 4".

Oh yes. thanks for catching that :cool:. I went a ft too high :D

Zero Revolt
08-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Hello Zandor. In a C-13 Cabinet you can fit two medium or large Indica/Sativa plants in five gallon nursery pots or ten small Indica plants in one gallon nursery pots in there comfortably. In my case I have a closet sized 8'x3'x1.5' almost the same size as a C-13. In my setup I have a 18x6 inch square hole cut into the closet door and covered with an eave vent. Near the top of the door I have a 4x4 inch square hole cut and on the other side is a Hydrofarm Active Air 180cfm exhaust blower forcing out hot dead air. So basically my exhaust fan is pulling all of the heat out of my grow room creating a suction while the 18x6 eave vent is pulling in fresh air. I use a 400watt HPS with an Eye Hortilux bulb and an 16 inch batwing reflector 12 inches over the plants. The room is also covered in Mylar from celing to walls with flat white bathroom tile covering the floor. Two Honeywell wall mounted fans one over the other on the left wall cool the room and two digital thermometers/humidity gauges are mounted next to the fans at different heights monitor the grow room enviroment. In addition I have a Black&Decker electronic pest detterant device installed to curb most insect infestations. Also I use an ionizer to repel cannabis odor by attaching itself to the odor molecules and forcing them to drop to the ground where I can clean them up periodicaly. For the plants I use Ocean Forest Potting Soil with General Hydroponics Flora Series Nutrients and SuperThrive growing two White Rhino plants in five gallon nursery pots. My typical yield for this strain is six to eight ounces per plant of premium cannabis. Hope this was of help Zandor.

Zandor
08-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Really I was just wondering how many plants you all have tried to grow in a small cabinet. I've done 6 to great success (just over 18 ounces total) in Hydroponics and now I have a new design I am trying just to play. Once it's done I'll let you all know how it goes.

You all know me I like to think outside the box with my designs. I still have several of my older cabinets with all the parts and pieces still working.

We will know in a few months if my new design is a keeper or not.

Thanks

Stormcooker
08-12-2005, 04:39 PM
i start with about 6 and scale down to 2 or 3 depending on the type of plant. I give away the ones I have to eliminate. I take them to the tribal council and they are eliminated by a show of hands. The ones that are small and less prolific, they are the weakest links.....Goodbye

Max Blast
08-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Zero,

Just how tall are these plants you are getting "six to eight ounces per plant" from?

Most of the very experienced growers I've listened to are getting 2 to 3 ounces per plant at best. What is it that you are doing differently? Are you actually doing this or are you quoting the yield figures listed in the sales hype of seed dealers?

Not "dissing" what you say but instead just genuinely interested in increased yields.

regards,
Max Blast

Zero Revolt
08-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Zero,

Just how tall are these plants you are getting "six to eight ounces per plant" from?

Most of the very experienced growers I've listened to are getting 2 to 3 ounces per plant at best. What is it that you are doing differently? Are you actually doing this or are you quoting the yield figures listed in the sales hype of seed dealers?

Not "dissing" what you say but instead just genuinely interested in increased yields. And by the way Zandor himself gets 2lbs of bud per plant. It's never impossible.

regards,
Max Blast

Growing white rhino at 4.5 feet to 5 feettall with agrosun fluros near the bottom to boost yield. I also use G.H. flora series nutes and superthrive. That is all I do other than topping.

kingcanabis
08-12-2005, 10:05 PM
two little lady's would grow nice.. ive grown up 7 but the bud's are smaller by far in the long run...rember it's quality not the quantity ps: my spelling is not as good as my growing...lol THE KING

unmeg
08-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Damn Zandor thats a nice pull

Max Blast
08-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Zero,

You seem to have misquoted me by adding ... "And by the way Zandor himself gets 2lbs of bud per plant. It's never impossible. " ... to my post when you quoted it in your post. I suspect this occured by accident on your part.

However I have never seen Zandor say he was getting 2 lbs per plant in a Cabinet/Closet grow.(maybe I missed something) In fact he states in this thread that he got 18ozs total from 6 plants. That works out to 3 ozs per plant using the "old math" that I learned in school. If you are getting 6 to 8 ozs per plant indoors I am really impressed dude! I'll consider myself lucky if I get 1 1/2 to 2 ozs per plant in my closet grow. I have seen others list figures for ounces per square foot in the 1 1/2 to 3 ounce range.

regards,
Max Blast

Wert
08-16-2005, 03:39 AM
hey zero do you have an email address? im livin in chesterfield and wanted to ask you a few things... mine is [email protected]

Zandor
08-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Zero,

You seem to have misquoted me by adding ... "And by the way Zandor himself gets 2lbs of bud per plant. It's never impossible. " ... to my post when you quoted it in your post. I suspect this occured by accident on your part.

However I have never seen Zandor say he was getting 2 lbs per plant in a Cabinet/Closet grow.(maybe I missed something) In fact he states in this thread that he got 18ozs total from 6 plants. That works out to 3 ozs per plant using the "old math" that I learned in school. If you are getting 6 to 8 ozs per plant indoors I am really impressed dude! I'll consider myself lucky if I get 1 1/2 to 2 ozs per plant in my closet grow. I have seen others list figures for ounces per square foot in the 1 1/2 to 3 ounce range.

regards,
Max Blast
The 2-pound + per-plant grows are all KBS grows and need a lot of room. Sure when I did cabinet grows all the time as my only place to grow I got as much as 4 or more per plant with a 6 plant grow but not the average over several grows for a fair average.

Here are the pictures of a KBS grow.

Max Blast
08-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Zandor,

Great pics fella. Help me out a little as I am again "slang challenged". What is KBS meaning?

BTW my first indoor grow is now on day 8 of 12/12 under CFL only. Just an experiment to see what can be done with limited recources. Also I am scrogging to save vertical hieght. Total grow space is 2 cubic feet (1x1x2)

thanks for the help,
Max Blast