PDA

View Full Version : bedroom closet, oder eliminator set up!

M4N
08-10-2005, 11:08 PM
i am new here, first post. i live in CA and i have a cannabis card but latley i have been thinking about getting a growers card so i could grow some plants (the limit is 6 in my county) now i have already made a box 5feet high,3feet width and 5 feet long, ill prolly grow 3 plants at a time. my concern is with the smell during harvesting and flowering. i completly seald the box inside and out with some rubber sealant stuff(non harmful) my plan is t0 run a 6inch intake fan and two 4 inch exhaust fans into two 5 gallon carbon scrubber filters with of course some kind of an odor gel and i already have a ionic breeze from sharper image. basically would this be effective enough in the room i am sleeping in to eliminate the odor almost completley? i know it will not completley eliminate it but you get the point, is this enough? the last thing i dont want to happen is come home and be able to smell it from the outside of my apparment or just have my room reek and another thing is anyone in here grow in their appartment?or same room they sleep in? because if the odor is that strong then i dont want to even bother growing, let alone in the room i sleep in becuase then my clothes will start to reek( nothing will be in the closet though besides my set up) :confused:

Joel
08-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Man, the smell isnt bad lol, I grow my plants in my cellar wich is right beside my bed ( the door anyways ) and I cant even smell mine and I leave them downthere. I live in a condominum and so far so good, no threats from anyone, I dont think anyone in this complex knows I am growing ;). *stealthboy* If you want to make a vent system that will NOT smell what so ever I suggest you read this.
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=26523
God zandors a sexy genius :D.

M4N
08-10-2005, 11:32 PM
what kind of set-up do you have???

Joel
08-11-2005, 12:41 AM
My setup is sheepmetal tubing(bent) 25cm diameter intake pipe, and an illuminum 15cm tube for outtake. Im using that EXACT idea that Zandor there made. Of course the length of it would depend on where you are putting your intake/outtake pipes.

Filter
5lb Charcoal
Filter
5lb Charcoal
Filter
5lb Charcoal
Filter

I am lucky with my filter though, my basement window comes out below my deck in my condominums and it flows right underneath neighbors deck and out into the sweet fresh air.

M4N
08-11-2005, 06:34 AM
should i vent the exhaust pipe of my box into the charcoal box?