PDA

View Full Version : curbing the munchies

mlleyeuxbleus
08-06-2005, 01:21 AM
What do you all do to avoid stuffing your face when the munchies hit? I eat really healthfully, so I'm apt to snack on mostly fruit & almonds, but one can only eat so much of anything before starting to gain weight.

I sometimes use Crest Whitestrips (hard to eat with those, lol), or take a bubble bath (can't traipse to the kitchen without making a wet, sudsy trail), or just go to bed. I also *love* to shower stoned, especially with a nice cold beer in there... yummm.

DonnieDarko
08-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Right now, a few ice cold diet cokes does the trick. I love the munchies, because everything tastes so damn good. But these calories can accumulate quickly as you have pointed out.

likemclever
08-09-2005, 03:53 AM
I find that when I get the munchies if I go hit the pipe again they will go away for a little while. Realistically you can only use this technique for so long before you devour the entire house.

NowhereMan
08-09-2005, 04:39 AM
its one of the best side effects weed has for my skinny lil self
without it to help me id never have any health at all cuase id not be able to keep down most of what i eat,if i could make myself eat,
ulcers are no fun

i can over do it by eating to much to fast though i just watch just munching anything
ya wont catch me eating BBQ pork rinds
peace

maryjanemama
08-09-2005, 12:49 PM
I chew a lot of sugarless gum and drink a lot of iced tea (diet is probably best but YUCK!!). :)

o2bn420
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
I try and keep it healthy like making a smoothie, but if I get a certain craving, like a Rita's mango gelati, then I must have it.

DonnieDarko
08-09-2005, 07:30 PM
OMG .... Gelato is the BEST !!! The intense flavors are even more exaggerated when high. I like a mix of chocolate and rasberry at my local shop.

IrieAllie
08-09-2005, 11:37 PM
OMG .... Gelato is the BEST !!!

I third that!!!! Caramel Chocolate....YUM!!!!!! What helps me is if I eat before I smoke. I find that, while I may down a few wheat thins (a fave of mine), I am usually just very thirsty. :p

Ousted
08-11-2005, 05:54 PM
What do you all do to avoid stuffing your face when the munchies hit? I eat really healthfully, so I'm apt to snack on mostly fruit & almonds, but one can only eat so much of anything before starting to gain weight.

I sometimes use Crest Whitestrips (hard to eat with those, lol), or take a bubble bath (can't traipse to the kitchen without making a wet, sudsy trail), or just go to bed. I also *love* to shower stoned, especially with a nice cold beer in there... yummm.

Baths and showers are soooo great when stoned, I totally agree with ya there! I especially love using products with menthol or mint, like Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree shampoo and cond, or American Crew's daily shampoo and cond. Nioxin Scalp therapy is incredibly refreshing as well. When high, using minty products when showering is incredibly invigorating.

On the subject of munchies I too wish I had an answer. It's so hard to not snack, and I always crave food thats bad for me. Fruits and veggies are real tasty when high, but its hard to continue to snack on foods so high in fiber for very long. I would like to find a tasty snack that I can much on throughout the night without packing on pounds. If they made bite size eclairs that are fat free and low carb I would be in heaven! *sigh*

oldhag
08-12-2005, 02:33 AM
It's kind of pain but I eat sunflower seeds and drink diet drink when I have munchies. Whole bag of unshelled sunflower seeds are about 200 calories only. But the bath and shower sounds good.

DonnieDarko
08-13-2005, 02:55 PM
I just attacked a cold pasta salad in the fridge. I think it was meant for later but .... not sure how healthy this is because there's more pasta than salad, and I topped it with some parmesan cheese.

clevemire
08-16-2005, 01:29 PM
I've heard from several sources that eating Tuna before toking helps reduce the munchies. I have no idea if it's true, though. I have yet to try it myself.

Realisticly, however, just practice self control. It's the only thing that helps me. Once I get started, It's hard to stop. Luckily, I don't gain weight from eating heheheheh:cool: