PDA

View Full Version : way for seeds to sprout?

FrozenVenom
05-27-2004, 03:49 AM
Im new to growing, i got my seeds and i soaked them in water, some seeds sprouted but i still have a lot that haven't sprouted. How do i make sure they grow? should i use a heat mat? i atached a picture of how the seeds currently are.

king cola
05-27-2004, 02:56 PM
seeds will vary (even if they are the same strain) with germination times. dont giv up hope yet, it can take ages for some seeds to germ, and out of that many there will be some that dont at all. yes, a heat mat would higher chances of germination, but make sure it doesnt get to hot or dry out the germinating medium(tissue ,cotton wool etc).
good luck

NowhereMan
05-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Im new to growing, i got my seeds and i soaked them in water, some seeds sprouted but i still have a lot that haven't sprouted. How do i make sure they grow? should i use a heat mat? i atached a picture of how the seeds currently are.

dont wait on the rest
put them in soil let them start growing
if ya dont
they will die
.and some seeds will never germinate
they do,or they dont
peace

milinithree
05-28-2004, 01:56 AM
im having the same problem, my seed has been wet in a wash cloth for 2 days now and still hasnt sprouted, today i put it in a wet paper towel tho to see how that works. thanks

FrozenVenom
05-28-2004, 10:14 PM
to day i just got some rockwool, and just put the seeds on there, i like it cuz it keeps the seeds orginized

robert42
05-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey,

I found a good old fashion school way that works 9/10 times! Its easy and time efficient.

1- get a glass cut
2- get tissue and line the outside side of the inner cup
3 - wet the tissue - not too much not too little- keep it moist at all times!!
4- drop a seed down the side of the tissue so its visible from loookin at the cup.
5- put outside or by a window - keep the tissue moisdt ( leave for 2-4 days and it will have sprouted)

Hope that helps ;)

Happy Growing

robert42
05-30-2004, 10:44 AM
SORRY I MEANT CLASS CUP LOL ILL SOON POST A PICTURE OF MY BEST WAY TO GERMINATE SEEDS :)

HAPPY GROWING