PDA

View Full Version : lighting/yeild

KronicKing
07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
hey guys,i'm thinking about starting my first grow,i already know how to set up(ie useing mylar and such)but my question is,will 175w or flouro work for the entier frow(only two weeks veg with eight weeks flowering)and what will the yeild be?i'm esemateing anywere from seven grams to fourteen grams,more towards seven though,it's just to dabble in growing a little,i won't be haveing any major grows for several years,also,smell may become a problem,to be honest it will probly be bag seed from some regs but i MAY be able to get good seeds,but for now we'll say regs,just how strong is the smell of a flowering marijuana plant with a low potencey?

thanks for any and all help

sheist
07-28-2005, 09:42 PM
i'd say so... but in flowering, i'd suggest 250w...

i'm growin mine with fluro.. but once i decided to flower, i might upgrade

KronicKing
07-28-2005, 10:19 PM
i know i should use a HPS 250w but i also have forty dollars at my disposal,i'm just going to have to optimize what light i do have,at the least i'll have 140w of fluro,at most 175,but to get 175w i need four more lights,so i may not get to it.

HARDDON
07-29-2005, 05:01 AM
With 175W you can grow some weed...not much...but some.

Enuff to keep one person stoned...

As for the smell...it doesnt take a female MJ plant to flower to smell it.

The smell is quite noticable from the plant itself...irrelevent of the THC content...

The odor is created by terpene...not the THC or flowers....although they do have their own smell.

The MJ will smell whether its good weed or bad.....

Just depends on the strain as to when and how long.

KronicKing
07-29-2005, 04:49 PM
thanks hardon,and i know,but as better marijauna contains more "resin" the smell will be noticeably greater,which as i'm sure you know is why something like skunk #1 or hash plant will have a much more pungent smell and will perfume the entire room,if not the whole house,where as something shwaggy,not haveing as many tricomes,will perfume only a closet.thanks for answering my light question

and good luck on your whore and cunt harvest,hope you get extra stonned ;)

HARDDON
07-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Thank bro...

My point is, the plants will smell long before they flower.

Mine got out of control about week three and by week four, still veg...is was just too much to ignore.

AngryJohnny
07-29-2005, 08:53 PM
not no more hard on.

aint smelt a thing.....

whooooohooooo carbon scrubber !!!

HARDDON
07-29-2005, 11:21 PM
not no more hard on.

aint smelt a thing.....

whooooohooooo carbon scrubber !!!

LOL...that setup works awesum doesnt it?