PDA

View Full Version : clones in the sun??

blazeallday
07-27-2005, 10:23 PM
is it a good idea to place new cuttings that are rooting under the normal summer sunlight??? or will it be too firece for them..should i put them under floros?

OR Freebird
07-28-2005, 04:42 AM
I'm going with flouro's until they root, at the very least. Freshly transplanted clones have enough going against them to risk it.

My opinion.

fhydro
07-28-2005, 07:56 PM
i put them outside but somewhere they can't see the sun directly until they root. Once they've got roots, sun will be good.
Fhydro

MrLzyBones
07-29-2005, 01:17 AM
is it a good idea to place new cuttings that are rooting under the normal summer sunlight??? or will it be too firece for them..should i put them under floros?

If possible place them where they well be in direct sun and shade as the sun makes its path across the sky. I have a huge Mullberry tree in my yard and I place them along the edge of where the sun and shade meet so as the sun moves they come into and out of the light all day so they don't overheat the little cups they are in. But they were under CFL's the first week of life. The sooner they get used to being outside the better.

Zandor
07-29-2005, 03:49 AM
I don't think you would have as high of a success rate using the sun. Fluorescents provide a low spectrum light with out drying out the leaf's and can provide light 24/7. Using Anti-wilt increase your chance of success as well and no humidity dome.

blazeallday
07-31-2005, 05:47 PM
sweet, i was wondering if i should put them in the shade...i will go do that now..i have no humidity dome either...so im gonna leave em outside.. thanks

fhydro
07-31-2005, 07:54 PM
in fact, if you put a luxmeter outside in the shade you will have more lumen than with a fluoro anyway and without burning the clone. But Zandor is right, outside you don't have 24/7 of light... I made ak47 clones outside like this, they've just rooted, but now they are flowering, they are 2 inches tall, i just wait and see, i will have tiny ak47 buds outdoor..
Fhydro